Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:19:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I keep imagining I'm in the past

Started by peanutbutter, December 01, 2019, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peanutbutter

Got moved to a new desk at work and every time I daydream I wind up feeling like I'm in the corner of a classroom from secondary school, to the point I'm totally disoriented by the time I snap out of it. I think it's mainly that I haven't been in a room that size in the position since then but it's really weird.

Anyone else have this? Does it happen more as you get older? Is it what Alzheimers feels like? Is it Alzheimers?

BlodwynPig

I really think Kinnock has a chance on Thursday

Anyone seen the new Bergerac?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: peanutbutter on December 01, 2019, 01:28:25 PM
I wind up feeling like I'm in the corner of a classroom from secondary school

That's reminded me of something.  One time at school in an art lesson we had our piece of paper and our paints and water pot etc and everyone was sitting too close together and mucking about like twats so I moved to the next table in the corner which nobody was using, because nobody had had the sense to spread out and occupy the tables evenly and it seemed sensible to move to some place where I could actually move my arms without bumping elbows with the person next to me... and then the fucking art teacher draws attention to me by loudly saying "What are you doing over there in the corner like gunga din?"

Cerys

When you began this thread ... you were in the past!

Thursday

In my teen years I used to sleep in a bed that had this corner shelf above my head, I'd keep an alarm clock there. I sometimes still reach above my head for it to check the time when I wake up in the morning.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Thursday on December 01, 2019, 03:45:25 PM
In my teen years I used to sleep in a bed that had this corner shelf above my head, I'd keep an alarm clock there. I sometimes still reach above my head for it to check the time when I wake up in the morning.

Do you still reach to the side to see if there is a cup of hot tea there?

Thursday

Bazooka

Jockice

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 01, 2019, 01:56:28 PM
That's reminded me of something.  One time at school in an art lesson we had our piece of paper and our paints and water pot etc and everyone was sitting too close together and mucking about like twats so I moved to the next table in the corner which nobody was using, because nobody had had the sense to spread out and occupy the tables evenly and it seemed sensible to move to some place where I could actually move my arms without bumping elbows with the person next to me... and then the fucking art teacher draws attention to me by loudly saying "What are you doing over there in the corner like gunga din?"

And you've just reminded me of something, although admittedly it wasn't that far in the past. Went to the pub with a couple of mates on Saturday night. I was last to turn up and it's not the most accessible pub in the world so I texted one of them to help me get in when I arrived. Of course he and the other guy had decided to sit in a place where about a dozen people had to move to let me and my wheelchair past. Despite there being a totally empty table near the entrance. It's fine though, after all if you're disabled there's nothing you enjoy more than being the centre of attention. Especially when it's totally needless.

Icehaven

I used to have a near hour long bus journey to work, and in the winter months it was dark on the way there and back. I'd often doze off during the journey and wake up confused and momentarily unsure about whether it was morning and I was on the way to work, or it was evening and I was going home, and could only tell by looking out of the window to ascertain which direction the bus was going. I rarely have bus journeys long enough to fall asleep on now but if I do and it's dark when I wake up I still automatically look out of the window expecting to see Sutton Coldfield coming or going.