Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:52:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OH FUCK IT’S MONDAY MORNING

Started by Twit 2, December 02, 2019, 07:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

That's it, you've had your time, get up, get the fuck on it, exist for another week! You know that shit you don't want to face? That shit's gonna be right up in your face for the next 5 days. Shit and arse worms in your eyes. Have you sent that email yet? WELL FUCKING HAVE YOU? Christ, I've got some bullshit bit of paperwork to file with my boss but I can't do it cos the database I need to do it is fucked cos the people who made it are cunts. If she asks me for it I think I might just go out into the car park and kick and live in the drainpipes. And no one will read it and nothing will change. Got a big pan on the hob needs washing up when I get home later. Turds and shit and misery. Happy Monday? Auschwitz Death Commander, more like!

BlodwynPig

job interview in Cranfield, ffs. The inbred rural cousin of Milton Keynes. I don't drive. Talk about bleak desolation. Can't be arsed. Might just scupper the interview. The breakfast at the campus accommodation was like watered down version of reality. I did see a hawk last night, but that is the only real sign of life I probably will see on a daily basis. Monday.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Worked Saturday so only Sunday was the weekend

Fml

Buelligan

Worked Saturday and Sunday, I wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin!

Inspector Norse

I have small kids so going to work is actually my time off

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Inspector Norse on December 02, 2019, 07:50:31 AM
I have small kids so going to work is actually my time off

Let them go then you monster

Inspector Norse

Can't, I need my three-year-old to take care of some important invoices

Lost Oliver

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Sack it all off and go and live in your shed.

Icehaven

Was running late this morning so thought I might as well stop off at the Lidl I usually pass half an hour too early. Got there at five to eight, waited, waited, waited, ten past eight, still not open, notice other waitees are remonstrating at the door, then see the automatic door is stuck open at about 6 inches and the staff on the other side are shrugging their shoulders and walking away, not their problem, no customers, nice quiet day. Eventually what looked like a manager appeared and told us all to come in through the fire exit at the other end of the building, and right on cue (presumably as they opened it) the fire alarms all started going off. Lidl shop of horrors.   

pancreas

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on December 02, 2019, 01:15:39 PM
I'm on strike, mate.

Interview was ok but got bummed by baldy on two questions. Fuck this game. Its Cranfield so no big loss - hicksville. Dont send them this post

Buelligan

Quote from: pancreas on December 02, 2019, 01:15:39 PM
I'm on strike, mate.

The whole country's going out on Thursday here.  We know how to do it.

BlodwynPig

PlanktonSideburns

Don't even have a job and I feel like this

Dr Trouser

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 02, 2019, 01:35:58 PM
Interview was ok but got bummed by baldy on two questions. Fuck this game. Its Cranfield so no big loss - hicksville. Dont send them this post

I'd avoid Cranfield at the moment - serious financial issues and staff attrition, plus the historic issue of them mostly being fucking up their own arse twats

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Trouser on December 02, 2019, 01:54:11 PM
I'd avoid Cranfield at the moment - serious financial issues and staff attrition, plus the historic issue of them mostly being fucking up their own arse twats

Thanks. I know their rep but a permanent lectureship is a foot on the ladder. Didnt feel like a place i want to be though, bit cockney heavy hitters

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

The Mamas And The Papas consider rewrite.

Thursday

I've had some holiday days to use up so I've had some 3 day weekends lately, and it's still not long enough and it makes 2 day weekends even shitter.

The problem is work. It's an absolute dogshit idea.

bgmnts

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on December 02, 2019, 01:51:41 PM
Don't even have a job and I feel like this

I would say this but after a while you genuinely lose all sense of time. It's a bizarre experience, it affects your memory and sensory perception too. I forget if I've showered or wanked that day or yesterday or what.

Mondays are just a day.

Thursday

Depends really when I was out of work for a while, but still lived at home, it was sort of understood that I'd basically treat weekends as days off from having to look for work, so I still ended up feeling the same sort of structure.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 02, 2019, 01:55:52 PM
Thanks. I know their rep but a permanent lectureship is a foot on the ladder. Didnt feel like a place i want to be though, bit cockney heavy hitters

Depends on your technical area but i'm seeing a glut in perm jobs up here in Scotland Unis. Unless you really really want to work as close to Milton Keynes as possible?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Dr Trouser on December 02, 2019, 02:17:21 PM
Depends on your technical area but i'm seeing a glut in perm jobs up here in Scotland Unis. Unless you really really want to work as close to Milton Keynes as possible?

Have application in with Glasgow who i already have on board my fellowship application, fucker even joked about bribing him but so far no interview

Wife would be happy with Cranfield as closer to London but wait until she sees the public transport to MK

H-O-W-L

Worked all weekend and Tuesday is my midweek day off so I'm like "THANK FUCK IT'S MONDAY MORNING" here, chums. Not arsed. Cigs.

Dr Trouser

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 02, 2019, 02:18:31 PM

Have application in with Glasgow Hogwarts who i already have on board my fellowship application, fucker even joked about bribing him but so far no interview

OK I suppose if you like THOSE sort of universities

Blue Jam

Spent most of the weekend asleep. Still knackered now.

Still, got the first of three (!) werk Xmas dos tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to a bit of a doss.

Flatulent Fox

Hit the Vodka a bit last few days.Feeling crabbit and bewildered by everything.
Going to try and recover with a little glass of this Milk Stout.