Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:49:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Patel wants EU citizens to have to apply for visa waiver

Started by Fambo Number Mive, December 02, 2019, 05:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteEU nationals will need to apply for a US-style visa waiver to enter the UK after Brexit, under new plans set out by home secretary Priti Patel.

The proposals mean European visitors, who currently only require an ID card to enter the UK, will be required to fill in an online form and go through additional security clearance at least three days before travelling, with an accompanying demand for payment.

Ms Patel said the move would improve border security in the UK, claiming EU law was currently "limiting [the UK's] border capability".

But critics branded her claims "groundless", saying that by leaving the EU security and justice systems, Britain was losing real-time access to critical databases and the European Arrest Warrant.

Experts were also quick to point out that a similar system would exist for Britons wishing to visit Europe after the UK leaves the bloc, as it was already set to introduce a visa waiver scheme for all non-EU visitors currently able to enter visa-free...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-visa-home-office-uk-eu-nationals-visit-europe-priti-patel-a9229191.html

Thought the Tories wanting to make life harder for EU residents visiting the UK and UK residents visiting the EU post-Tory Brexit deserved its own thread.

bgmnts

Anyone in the UK who has visited the US and has had to fill out those forms and apply for an ESTA will know it does bugger all.

Unless there are no illegal immigrants in the US anymore in which case I will eat humble pie.

BlodwynPig

greencalx

Quote from: bgmnts on December 02, 2019, 06:16:36 PM
Anyone in the UK who has visited the US and has had to fill out those forms and apply for an ESTA will know it does bugger all.

Oh, I don't know. They know that everyone entering the country has ticked a box on a web form to say they are not a terrierist.

Cuellar

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I wonder where we would be if billionaires trying to avoid paying slightly more tax hadn't decided to declare war on an opposition willing and capable of preventing not only these king of moral outrages but also pointless bureaucratic obstacles to trade.

Ian Drunken Smurf

And it will probably end up that the UK is unable to roll it out as quickly as the EU because of parliamentary paralysis. Bunch of fucking amateurs.

BlodwynPig

momatt

Why do the tories want to make everything just worse for no reason?
Is it just because they're cunts?
Who votes for these cunts?  Other cunts?

Is the world just full of cunts?

The answer is 'yes' isn't it.
:(