Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:00:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Got the flu

Started by Ferris, December 03, 2019, 07:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Feel like shit. Threw up with such astonishing ferocity last night that I burst a number of blood vessels under my eyes and look like I've been beaten up now.

Slept from 10pm to 12.30pm (albeit with an hour at 3am to vomit - see above). My wife woke me up long enough to phone in sick to work this morning.

God I feel rough.

Replies From View

has anyone here ever had the flu before

Zetetic

Ferris

Quote from: Zetetic on December 03, 2019, 07:18:53 PM
Had you had the jab?

Yes, along with Mrs Ferris and Ferris Jr.

We're all incredibly unwell.

bgmnts

Couldn't be happier with this news.

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on December 03, 2019, 08:02:57 PM
Couldn't be happier with this news.

Personally, if he posts tomorrow that he's taken a turn for the worse I will be absolutely made up.

pancreas

Please could you post pictures of your eyes and some of the vomit you've done.

Janie Jones

Sorry you feel rough ferriswheel but you haven't got flu. Stop getting viral illnesses wrong. If you had flu, you would not be posting cogent and well-composed posts on here. I had it in 2004 and after 2 days of drifting in and out of terrifying hallucinations and vomiting into a bucket (couldn't crawl to the toilet) until my eyes bled, I could just about bump down the stairs on my arse and keep down a glass of water.

Pro tip: paracetamol suppositories. When you're vomiting up anything you try to eat or drink, they will bring down the fever and help with the pain.

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on December 03, 2019, 08:37:01 PM
Please could you post pictures of your eyes and some of the vomit you've done.

PM'd

Ferris

Quote from: Janie Jones on December 03, 2019, 08:50:51 PM
Sorry you feel rough ferriswheel but you haven't got flu. Stop getting viral illnesses wrong. If you had flu, you would not be posting cogent and well-composed posts on here. I had it in 2004 and after 2 days of drifting in and out of terrifying hallucinations and vomiting into a bucket (couldn't crawl to the toilet) until my eyes bled, I could just about bump down the stairs on my arse and keep down a glass of water.

Pro tip: paracetamol suppositories. When you're vomiting up anything you try to eat or drink, they will bring down the fever and help with the pain.

I have something 'orrible but maybe my flu shot mitigated it? I don't know, but I feel fucking awful. Maybe it's some other flu-like thing.

That said, I don't think I've ever posted anything cogent or well-composed on CaB so perhaps all this illness is good for me.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Janie Jones on December 03, 2019, 08:50:51 PM

I had the flu just after Christmas in 2017 and it wasn't quite that bad, I slept most of the time and felt fucking horrendous when I was awake, but I was able to briefly post on here during the short times I was awake (https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,64453.msg3346477.html#msg3346477 for example). It was officially diagnosed by a Doctor in a Hospital flu too, after I was struggling to breathe one afternoon and in need of medication, so definitely the real thing.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear you're suffering Ferris, and hope you and the family are back to normal soon. Kisses (through a face mask though, I don't want your death bug).

Glebe

Aw no Ferris.. get well soon mate.

BlodwynPig

You back at work already? Blimey and in winter too

touchingcloth

You should get one of those flu jabs quick.

Cuntbeaks

Ferris

Just fell asleep for 4 hours accidentally. I tell you what, it's very restful this!*

*it fucking well isn't

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 04, 2019, 01:35:04 AM
Just fell asleep for 4 hours accidentally. I tell you what, it's very restful this!*

*it fucking well isn't

Stay off the forum, we dont want Ferris Flu

popcorn

I ask: would a cool person get flu?

Danger Man

FLU is an acronym for Fucking Layabout Underclass.

So no, cool people can't get it.

popcorn

Quote from: Danger Man on December 04, 2019, 10:28:28 AM
FLU is an acronym for Fucking Layabout Underclass.

So no, cool people can't get it.

I see...

And what if, for example, someone were to be a major lame-o? Would a major lame-o be susceptible to the flu?

BlodwynPig

I've got the flues, my baby's gone and left me and I've got the flues

Ferris

Back on top. Invincible once more. Loving life. Throwing shade at the haterz.

Glebe

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on December 05, 2019, 02:31:20 AMBack on top. Invincible once more. Loving life. Throwing shade at the haterz.

YAY!

popcorn

I ask: would a cool person be back on top, invincible once more, loving life, throwing shade at the haterz?

Ferris

Threw up this morning. Is this the sequel to flu?

oy vey

Take up heroin. When you're trying to get off that in a few weeks post a new thread and we'll put our heads together.