Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:58:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

No Time To Die (Bond 25)

Started by Blue Jam, December 04, 2019, 02:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

gatchamandave

April ???

Bond should be in cinemas for Christmas ! It's traditional !!!

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: gatchamandave on December 04, 2019, 03:59:52 PM
April ???

I was going to be until Danny Boyle decided to Yesterday was more his level. They delayed the release to give CJF enough time to make the thing.

Cuellar

It's a clever title, isn't it

No Time To Die - I am simply too busy to die
No, Time To Die - Actually, it is time for you to die

Very, very clever.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

It sounds like it should be the title for a buddy cop action comedy. The sort of thing that would star Duane The Rock Johnson.

BlodwynPig

*Rutger Hauer has second thoughts*

Captain Z

Excuse me sir, could you spare a few minutes to die?

No time, sorry.

bgmnts

I hate that Hans Zimmer-esque Bond theme.

Daniel Craig looks old as fuck but has insanely blue eyes which is weird.

Lots of black people in it which is good I suppose.

Isnt this the third Bond film on the bounce which is like "Oh bond the world's moved on now do you still belong in it?" to which the answer is inevitably yes?

popcorn

BlodwynPig

Id watch a bond where he is in a maze and has to defeat all his old enemies to get to the treasure. Odd job, jaws, dr no, goldfinger, voodoo man, spectre, DNOB, pussy galore.

dr beat

Quote from: bgmnts on December 04, 2019, 06:00:27 PM

Isnt this the third Bond film on the bounce which is like "Oh bond the world's moved on now do you still belong in it?" to which the answer is inevitably yes?

That trope dates at back to at least Goldeneye, with Judi Dench having a go at Pierce Brosnan for being a 'relic'.

Quite pleasantly surprised by this trailer, at least for now.

Thomas

James Bond will return in

Exclusively the Orange and Teal Parts of the Colour Spectrum

Joking aside, this does look like a great opportunity for Daniel Craig to finally play a knackered Bond who isn't quite 007 in his prime.

But the Craig Bonds do conform, almost as if contractually obliged, to a great-bad-great-bad pattern, so this should be a good un.

Sin Agog

Quote from: bgmnts on December 04, 2019, 06:00:27 PM
Lots of black people in it which is good I suppose.

Black people of colour, please.

Jim Bob

Quote from: gatchamandave on December 04, 2019, 03:59:52 PM
April ???

Indeed.  Why are they showing a Christmas film in April?

Head Gardener

Does Blofeld plastic surgery himself into the Freddie Mercury guy? I noticed he has a mask at one point.

Phil_A

Reading about how it's yet another polished up Purvis & Wade script just fills me with inertia. I'm sure I say this every time a new Bond film is due out, but really, really, are there no other writers currently working whom the producers could tap to hammer out a Bond premise? Not one? I know the likes of Phoebe Brillo-Wedge and Paul Haggis have been involved in rewrites, but the fact so many other writers are required to punch up their material just makes me wonder why these two hacks keep getting the prestige gig over and over.

We were nearly shot of them when Danny Boyle was still attached to direct, as he wanted to use his regular scriptwriter John Hodge. But once Boyle was out, back they came again like Phil Mitchell's head silently rising out of the toilet.

Head Gardener

Bad Ambassador

Purvis and Wade are good at hashing out plots and ideas, and bringing in Haggis is an obvious attempt to replicate the development of CS. PWB punching things up might not be unwelcome.

Worth remembering that the first Iron Man had about six writers even before everyone started ad libbing their dialogue.

greenman

The talk was that it was almost a total rewrite after Boyle wasn't it? that makes for a different situation to Spectre which was supposedly reworked when they got the rights to Blofeld?

Kelvin

Impossible for me not to hear this in the style of that Monty Python sketch. You've fucked it, Bond.

colacentral

Quote from: Phil_A on December 04, 2019, 09:37:38 PM
Reading about how it's yet another polished up Purvis & Wade script just fills me with inertia. I'm sure I say this every time a new Bond film is due out, but really, really, are there no other writers currently working whom the producers could tap to hammer out a Bond premise? Not one? I know the likes of Phoebe Brillo-Wedge and Paul Haggis have been involved in rewrites, but the fact so many other writers are required to punch up their material just makes me wonder why these two hacks keep getting the prestige gig over and over.

We were nearly shot of them when Danny Boyle was still attached to direct, as he wanted to use his regular scriptwriter John Hodge. But once Boyle was out, back they came again like Phil Mitchell's head silently rising out of the toilet.

Been on it since the grim Brosnan days of The World is Not Enough and Die Another Day. Their careers should have been over at that point.

Are they just doing it for dead cheap or something? Literally any professional screenwriter could bang out a bond script. Any one of us probably could.

Hate to say I'm getting a bit of a Die Another Day vibe from the trailer... Given that this is Craig's last film, maybe it's just a law of physics that every Bond has to go out with a clunker.

greenman

The title sounds most like something Desmond Llewelyn's Q would say in an sarcastic tone after rescuing bond from drowning riding a mechanical swan/crocodile.

Jim Bob

"No time to die" sounds like something a workaholic Roy Batty might say.

"No Time To Die" is the name of a Ken Loach film about a single mum with terminal breast cancer who works a zero hours contract in a clock factory.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Jim Bob on December 05, 2019, 07:50:14 AM
"No time to die" sounds like something a workaholic Roy Batty might say.

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 04, 2019, 04:19:43 PM
*Rutger Hauer has second thoughts*

the

Called it (more or less):

Quote from: the on August 17, 2017, 09:24:00 PMDon't Die James Bond

Some good suggestions in that thread:

James Bond will return in...

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on December 05, 2019, 12:37:11 AM
Hate to say I'm getting a bit of a Die Another Day vibe from the trailer... Given that this is Craig's last film, maybe it's just a law of physics that every Bond has to go out with a clunker.

Pretty much. The next reboot will be celebrated for its serious, back to basics tone after the last run became too much of a cartoon.