Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:52:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Christmas office parties, lads

Started by Blinder Data, December 05, 2019, 09:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Janie properly pointed out some lolbantz we did upthread (I did some too) and said it was shitty (it was). 

Gregory Torso

She was right, and I apologise for not taking it with grace.

Quote from: Janie Jones on December 08, 2019, 11:19:55 PM
Wait, what, CaB has a problem with the Motherwell Train Station siblings now? I'm sorry, I thought it was one of our funny shared local newspaper things, like Guilty Ron or the old people with the chicken in a tin. I got loads of karma (sort of positive feedback we used to give back in the day) when I first started using it. I'm really sorry for any offence caused to all you people who are unhappy about it, I'll change my avatar.

Is that called a gaslighting fauxpology?

Just checking my terminology. I really couldn't give a fuck about your avatar.

The Bumlord

I shan't be able to attend.

Because I'll still be working in Dubai.

Not sure which is worse tbh.

Cuntbeaks

What are the stats on threads descending into scabby little bitch fights that have nothing to do with the actual topic?

Non Stop Dancer

Quote from: Janie Jones on December 08, 2019, 11:19:55 PM
Wait, what, CaB has a problem with the Motherwell Train Station siblings now? I'm sorry, I thought it was one of our funny shared local newspaper things, like Guilty Ron or the old people with the chicken in a tin. I got loads of karma (sort of positive feedback we used to give back in the day) when I first started using it. I'm really sorry for any offence caused to all you people who are unhappy about it, I'll change my avatar.

The issue, as I suspect you know, is not that people have a problem with you avatar (they don't), but that it's a bit rich to criticise people for sexist language (which it is, certainly), when you're perfectly happy to mock the individual in your avatar. Knowing this place, I'm confident that both examples are intended as irreverent rather than malicious, but you've got to be careful when casting the first stone.

steve98

Chatting to my work coach (Tara) while signing-on yesterday, she told me their Xmas do was this Friday at the Orchard Park hotel and I jokingly said I might come along. She giggled and said "Yeah, why not?". So that's what I'm gonna do; I'm gonna take that as an invite; and I'm confident they won't turn me away (Cos they're all shit-bags and wimps and won't want to provoke me into kicking-off, which they know I'm well capable of doing).

alan nagsworth

Quote from: steve98 on December 10, 2019, 05:55:26 PM
Chatting to my work coach (Tara) while signing-on yesterday, she told me their Xmas do was this Friday at the Orchard Park hotel and I jokingly said I might come along. She giggled and said "Yeah, why not?". So that's what I'm gonna do; I'm gonna take that as an invite; and I'm confident they won't turn me away (Cos they're all shit-bags and wimps and won't want to provoke me into kicking-off, which they know I'm well capable of doing).

Based on my own life experience, you can totally do this. When I was a teenager I went out with a bunch of the nerds with whom I was fraternising at the time to Frankincense and Benny's. One of them took this event as the opportunity to hand out invites to his birthday party. He walked right past me and didn't give me one, presumably because I was a pisshead cunt then and still am to this day. I don't know where I got the nerve from, but I cleared my throat and snapped my fingers at him and he doubled back and begrudgingly handed me an invite. Still holds up as one of the shittiest things I ever did as a youth because I think about it often, but did I get to go to the party? Yes. And was I sick on the bouncy castle his parents hired out? Fuckin right I was.

steve98

Nice one. I'll probably be sick too (for sure, if it's a free bar).

Blinder Data

They work for DWP - they'd be lucky to get a paperclip on expenses