Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:48:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Trotters all standing in a row wearing shades while Livin La Vida Loca plays

Started by madhair60, December 06, 2019, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on March 13, 2020, 08:50:03 PM
What is Raquel's middle name?
Who was initially driving the bus on the Jolly Boys Outing?
What did Del hide in Boycie's hair cream?
What type of burger was Grandad disappointed Rodney didn't buy him?
Why was Trigger barred from the Nags Head in the falling through the bar episode?

Cassandra
Peter Sutcliffe
Uncle Albert's spunk
Abortion
AIDS

5 points please!

bigfatheart

Why was Trigger barred from the Nags Head in the falling through the bar episode?

Bucephalus
A horse
Horse cum
Horseburger
Fucked a horse

petril

Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Turkey

easytarget

idunnosomename

Horse
Horse
Horse
Horse
Horse

Utter Shit

Sadly I know the answer to all of those except the first one. And that one is going to annoy me.

Jockice

Quote from: Utter Shit on March 16, 2020, 11:33:40 AM
Sadly I know the answer to all of those except the first one. And that one is going to annoy me.
I dob't know the answers to any except the last one. And it doesn't annoy me at all.

easytarget

Quote from: bush bush bush bush bush bush
Uncle Albert: What I'm trying to say is 'realize your own importance'. Tubby Fox did and he went on to command his own submarine hunter. He died in Palermo Harbor, dropped a depth charge in 9 foot of water.

That's the same number of feet at 2.25 horses.

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Utter Shit on March 28, 2020, 08:01:23 PM
This is fantastic

https://twitter.com/maclockdown/status/1243947127832752128?s=19
yes, yes it is.

(Not actually)Elton John covering part of the theme tune.

and in a later comment - not actually Bob Dylan doing hooky street
https://twitter.com/maclockdown/status/1244008200808038401

He's been taking requests: spins off into Gary Barlow singing the Supergran Theme tune
https://twitter.com/maclockdown/status/1245013875801587713

jenna appleseed

Also Boycie loves it.
https://twitter.com/BeingBoycie/status/1243967063665893380

"John Challis @BeingBoycie
Replying to @maclockdown and @benbakerbooks
Darrell-what can I say? It's a joy."

(plus looking at Darrell Maclockdown's twitter led to discovering Matthew Sweet's tribute to Eddie Large...)

(Any one know what this guy's main account is, feel like I should know him from somewhere.)

eta: please let this be one of you lot trolling not somebody who's ernest.
"Very clever and funny. If Elton records it with you on backing vocals and we all buy it and donate the money to the NHS it would be cool. The show is so popular and uplifting it might just be the lift we all need. Someone ask Elton."

Gurke and Hare

This isn't worth starting a new thread for, but fucking hell, there were at least four series of The Green Green Grass.

George White

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on May 01, 2020, 07:12:07 PM
This isn't worth starting a new thread for, but fucking hell, there were at least four series of The Green Green Grass.
It was one of these series a friend of mine calls "Walker Texas Ranger level", where they're not huuuuge shows, but they manage to have a consistent level of popularity that brings in a certain audience and thus advertising. Now, with the BBC, of course, the whole advertising thing is moot, but with GGG, I think it appealed to an audience who a. missed Vicar of Dibley, and b. wanted more OFAH. I have a theory though that the reason it ran so long was that people tuned in every week in the hope Del Boy and Rodney would appear.

kalowski

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: kalowski on May 03, 2020, 08:26:09 AM
They're all excellent. He's great.

Yeah, they're brilliant. I particularly like his Lou Reed doing the theme from " Going Straight", especially when he breaks character after saying " Hey , Ronnie", and can't help having a bit of a laugh. He seems like a great bunch of lads,he'd fit right in with the boys and girls of CaB. His James Taylor mentioning doing " The Goodies" is another highlight.
One very, very minor quibble is that his Randy Newman is a little *too* deep voiced.

Gurke and Hare

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: George White on May 01, 2020, 07:21:41 PM
It was one of these series a friend of mine calls "Walker Texas Ranger level", where they're not huuuuge shows, but they manage to have a consistent level of popularity that brings in a certain audience and thus advertising. Now, with the BBC, of course, the whole advertising thing is moot, but with GGG, I think it appealed to an audience who a. missed Vicar of Dibley, and b. wanted more OFAH. I have a theory though that the reason it ran so long was that people tuned in every week in the hope Del Boy and Rodney would appear.

The tabloids were constantly printing "rumours" that the Trotters were going to turn up, so that probably contributed to it.

George White

Yes, and there were vague plans that may just have been "if David, Nick and/or Roger are ever free, they wouldn't mind come down the country and shoot for a day, eh...."

Shaky

It's the impassioned, "We are the boys who will stop your little game!" which really sets me off.

The more I listen to it, though, the more it morphs into Green Gartside/Scritti Politti!

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

This fella just tweeted to say that his Elton/OFAH video has been removed from Twitter due to "copyright infringement". What a load of arrant bollocks, he hasn't infringed any copyright laws. Why would someone go to the trouble of complaining about a piece of harmless whimsy?

He's understandably irked, so he's not going to post any more of these. THANKS KILLJOYS.

idunnosomename

Do they sing it in the stupid musical thing? Although since its not youtube its not like anyone can profit off it. How bizarre.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Maybe Elton John's lawyers and the estate of John Sullivan got together to clamp down on this vicious attack on their respective legacies. .

idunnosomename

it has to be john sullivan's estate. but unlike a youtube copyright claim it's purely killjoy shit. he's not making any money off it

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 06, 2020, 10:51:49 PM
it has to be john sullivan's estate. but unlike a youtube copyright claim it's purely killjoy shit. he's not making any money off it

I'd hazard a guess that the musical has proved that there's money to be made from the OFAH soundtrack or, more specifically, money to be lost from letting people sing it to others for free.

the

I think these copyright reportings usually start with someone (anyone) clicking the report button and notifying the social media site of a supposed infraction.

I'm sure someone can tell me whether the site then typically contacts the copyright holder and asks them whether they want it taken down, or the site just looks at it, goes 'hmm, probably an infraction' and takes it down anyway. But you may note that one of these paths involves a lot less effort.

It's possible that the claim was initiated by the copyright holder (or the copyright holder was first alerted to it by a third party), but this would be less likely than someone clicking the report button.

idunnosomename

Theres usually a middle man of some big organisation that protects copyright on behalf of the rights holder thats doing the "hmm probably"