Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:22:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Trotters all standing in a row wearing shades while Livin La Vida Loca plays

Started by madhair60, December 06, 2019, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the

Quote from: idunnosomename on May 07, 2020, 01:07:33 PMTheres usually a middle man of some big organisation that protects copyright on behalf of the rights holder thats doing the "hmm probably"

Yep, but my area of doubt was whether the site always bothers contacting and consulting with that middleman, or whether they sometimes just make an executive decision and take it down without even going that far. Just to close the report.

kalowski

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 07, 2020, 11:18:16 AM
I'd hazard a guess that the musical has proved that there's money to be made from the OFAH soundtrack or, more specifically, money to be lost from letting people sing it to others for free.
Can you imagine?
"Hey, shall we get tickets to that new OFAH musical?"
"Nah, there's a bloke on Twitter singing the theme song in an Elton John voice. What more do you need?"

easytarget

Brush Strokes is guilty of this too:

Things you might do to a horse : brush, stroke
The renaming of Splosh to Elmo Putney's Painting Firm (Horse running type)
Music : Dexys Midnight Runners (Horse racing speed)
Jacko is played by the actor Karl Horseman
Series ran (horse) until 1991 (large number of horses)

beanheadmcginty

beanheadmcginty

Karl Horseman famously advertised Flash table and floor deodorant. There's a Disney 1997 horse film called Flash. Looks amazing in the Wikipedia photo.

Horseman also appeared as a cockney chancer in Minder, alongside George Cole and Dennis Waterman.
Waterman was characterised in Little Britain, a show which was recently pulled from streaming services for its dubious racial content, alongside a wider protest involving the removal of statues depicting slave owners.
There have also been statues of horses.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Karl Horseman[nb]someone who looks like him really.[/nb] also formed a band with that lady who looks like a younger version of Jessica Tate from " Soap", the band Salad. When that band split, the lady was in another band, who had a song about being a horse.

beanheadmcginty

Karl Horseman famously starred in the weirdly depressing sitcom Mulberry that came out at the same time as the even more depressing for other reasons sitcom So Haunt Me. Mulberry is a company that makes bags. Bags rhymes with nags, which is another name for horses popularised by Only Fools and Horses because that was the name of the pub where Raquel from So Haunt Me first took her clothes off in front of Del while dressed as a policeman. Policeman sometimes ride horses.

Andy147

Jacko's brother-in-law Eric was played by Mike Walling (RIP), who was also in The Smoking Room alongside Emma Kennedy, who rode a horse as Nostradamus in TMWRNJ.

Jacko's boss was called Lionel, as was Geoffrey Palmer's character in As Time Goes By, in which at one point we see Alistair riding a horse. Plus lions and horses are the only animals with manes.

Brush Strokes was a running joke in Cunk on Britain, or CoB, a type of small horse.

Gurke and Hare

https://twitter.com/BeingBoycie/status/1286706727786815488

QuoteTo celebrate the upcoming launch of Boycie in Belgrade,this special gift has been developed.Numbers are limited so to guarantee your set pre-order before August 23rd 2020 in time for Christmas delivery.Also they're taking up space in Del's lockup. http://boycieinbelgrade.com/4kingpoker    RTFolded hands