Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:40:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Trotters all standing in a row wearing shades while Livin La Vida Loca plays

Started by madhair60, December 06, 2019, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on December 14, 2019, 05:40:19 PM
I once read a post from someone who often saw Nick Lyndhurst out and about.  Funnily enough, they claimed he looked less than impressed when people shout 'oi, Rodders!  Plonkers,' rather than acknowledging with a hearty laugh and wave.  Who'd've Adam-an-Eved it?

He wasn't fond of "YOU GARY SPARROW CUNT!" either.

petril

Gurke and Hare

People mostly shout New Tricks catchphrases at him these days.

I passed the theatre where the musical's on today. It looks like one of the dinner shows.

Good to see the pub next door joining in the fun.

Glebe

Or a 'cushty' in the bar. That rivals 'chekky' pint for drink-related phrase of the year.

Shaky

Tremendous idea for a rib-tickling, relevant piece of signage but they just didn't commit in the end.

Utter Shit

Caught the end of the episode mentioned in the title tonight and the ending is really fucking weird.

Del fucks the quiz show and goes out on the piss, apparently abandoning his wife and kid to go to a strip club. This is not seen as a big deal. But that isn't the issue.

They all eventually reconvene at the house where everyone has a blazing row. Not that unusual, fine. Then there is a call from the quiz show who say that actually Del got the question right and they would like to invite him back on the show. Then, in a decent callback to an earlier prank call, Del wrongly assumed it is Micky Pearce on a wind up and tells him where to go. Neatly wrapping up the episode, no problem.

What doesn't make any sense is that at this point, with the Trotters still supposedly at each others threats and presumably wound up further by Micky's prank call...they excitedly exclaim that "we're the Trotters...and we're BACK!". And then the episode ends. Now why on earth would a prank call from Micky Pearce not only make them forget their argument, but suddenly decide that all their problems are  behind them? Completely mad.

idunnosomename

COME IN EARLY DOORS AND LEAN ON OUR OPEN BAR HATCH AND FALL ONTO A CRASH MAT

madhair60

petril

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 21, 2019, 11:38:42 PM
COME IN EARLY DOORS AND LEAN ON OUR OPEN BAR HATCH AND FALL ONTO A CRASH MAT

PHIL MEALEY MICKEY PEARCE TRIBUTE ACT

beanheadmcginty

Has anybody else ever noticed how many horse references there are in OFAH? Here's my list:

Only Fools and Horses
Stick a pony in my pocket
The Nag's Head
Trigger (named after Roy Roger's horse)
Trotter (horses trot)
Cassandra (predicted the wooden horse of Troy in Greek mythology)

Any more?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

All The " rum" business deals what Del Notjimbroadbent and Rodney Plonker got involved with, many of which were not entirely profitable, leaving Del Cushtylandingoncrashmatafterfallingpastopenedbarhatch feeling quite embarrassed, and having "red"cheeks due to blushing.

( Rum, Red, famous racehorse )

Dewt

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on December 22, 2019, 03:29:40 PM
Has anybody else ever noticed how many horse references there are in OFAH? Here's my list:

Only Fools and Horses
Stick a pony in my pocket
The Nag's Head
Trigger (named after Roy Roger's horse)
Trotter (horses trot)
Cassandra (predicted the wooden horse of Troy in Greek mythology)

Any more?
Cassandra (looks like a horse)

imitationleather

Shaky

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Those last three episodes being "saddled" *with crap plots.

(*you put a saddle on a horse if you want to ride it.)

non capisco

Dewt

Dewt

And that scene where Rodney feeds Cassandra a whole apple from the palm of his hand.

Danger Man

A lot of people think Nicholas Lyndhurst sings the end credits but it's actually Mr Ed.

imitationleather

The episode where Uncle Albert is sad and jumps into the big machine at the glue factory.

idunnosomename

The Trotters owned a Reliant Robin, which has three wheels, just like a horse.