Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:33:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Trotters all standing in a row wearing shades while Livin La Vida Loca plays

Started by madhair60, December 06, 2019, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easytarget

Only Fools And Three Race Courses
Only Fools And Three Horses For Courses

kalowski

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 26, 2019, 12:04:47 AM
Very little equine rap as far as i am aware. But then i am a very white man.
When Lil Wayne raps

Hoes, let's just talk about hoes
Can we talk about hoes, hoes
Hoes, let's just talk about hoes
Can we talk about hoes, hoes

Hoes means horses. Like Hoss.

beanheadmcginty

Old Town Road by Lil Nas X is about the most equine rap you could ever hope for and it spent a record breaking 19 weeks at number one in America earlier this year.
I think what this all teaches us is if you want unbridled success in the entertainment world STICK A PONY IN IT.

yesitsme

Damien was born in a hospital.   Which might sound a bit like 'horse portal' if you say it funny.

A 'horse portal' is a worm hole in the space time continuum that allows horses to pop through so they can win the Grand National.  Grand is Delboy for £500.00.

Micky Pearce wears a trilby.  In America a trilby is called a Derby.  Derby County used to play at the Baseball Ground.  In America Baseball is called Softball.  in the UK Softball is called Cricket.  Jimmy Cricket is called Jimminy Cricket in the US.  Crickets are good jumpers.  As are horses. 

When that guy sings Gween Gween Gwass - horses.

petril

they kept going with the specials and spinoffs like a horse going for a piss. and indeed what was produced was piss, like when a horse goes for a piss

easytarget

David Jason also played inspector Frost in the TV detective show 'Morse' (which sounds like horse).

Dewt

"Livin' La Vida Loca" is an obvious reference to horses. Horses all have a LOCAtion, at which they can be found.

idunnosomename

Livin' La Vida Loca came out the same year as Mambo No. 5 (1999). The latter song features Lou Bega recounting all the horses he has had sex with.

Del Boy's favourite cocktail Pina Colada contains rum, like Red Rum, the famous winner of the Horse Grand Prix.

non capisco

Monkey Harriss, like a horse's aris, which is cockney for it's arse.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Both Del Frost and Rod Sparrow fainted when they learnt that their family watch had been sold for TEN BILLION POUNDS at a posh auction.
Another word for faint is " swoon"
" Swoon" was the debut album of Prefab Sprout, who went on to have a second album called " Donald Pleasance", one of the tracks of which was called "Horsein'Around Like Cunts".

The 1991 Christmas special 'Miami Twice' was filmed in America, and America had a hit in the 1970s with 'A Horse With No Name'

An anagram of Albert is 'rtable' - only one letter away from 'stable' - the most common name for a horse's bedroom.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

" Only Fools And Horses" was originally titled " Citizen Smith", until the BBC told John Sullivan he'd already written a sit-com with that title, and to catch on to himself.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Oh, sorry, I meant to write he originally titled it " Only Fools Don't Like Horses, Because Horses Are Fucking Brilliant", due to him liking horses so much.

easytarget

Rodney resigned from his STABLE job at miscarriage's dad's printing firm.

('Firm' is a type of 'going' for horse racing)

idunnosomename

There certainly are a lot of horse references in Only Fools and Horses! But has anyone mentioned the one in the title? Only Fools and Horses! In plain sight but easy to miss.

idunnosomename

The horse is the largest normal animal (not a special one that only lives in zoos) just like Del Boy is the biggest cunt in A Royal Flush.

beanheadmcginty

Saw a clip the other day on something or other where Del Boy is showing off his new mobile phone in the Nag's Head and unwittingly changing the channels on the pub TV. Needless to say, it's showing the horse racing.

beanheadmcginty

My mate from school who is now a very successful builder/drug dealer invited me to an Only Fools and Horses quiz night in Sevenoaks tonight. Got the express train down from London Bridge. Fancied my chances. I've won plenty of quizzes in my time. In my experience most people can't remember stuff that I can remember.
This quiz was nothing like that.
We pulled up and there was a pristine 3-wheeler in front of the pub. Concourse condition (which made me wonder whether the owners had seen the van on TV and assumed all the dirt was on the TV screen instead of the car)
Entered the huge pub, absolutely packed. Then the questions start.
Chateau neuf du pap. It was the most specific and hardcore quiz I've ever attended.
Any character name answer had to be full first + second name or no points (3 answers required middle names as well).
Despite this, my mate knew 90% of the answers. The only times I helped was correcting his spelling and identifying all the actors in the picture round.
Everyone in the pub was like him and knew most of the answers.
We got 64 points out of 80 and came 11th.

Please someone agree with me that's fucking weird.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Bad Ambassador

His name is Colin Ball, but on the disambiguation page on Wikipedia, he is listed under "fictional entities", as though he is some sort of squid creature.

easytarget

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on March 13, 2020, 02:35:12 AM
Please someone agree with me that's fucking weird.
It's weird but not that uncommon. Some bar near me did a '30 Rock' quiz a couple of years ago. I love 30 Rock, I've seen every episode at least twice - this'll be fun.
No it fucking won't.
It was ridiculously hard - requiring you to regurgitate exactly what specific nonsense Tracy said after a given cue.
I was expecting more "What's Kenneth's middle name?" questions.
I had clearly brought a knife to a gunfight.
We didn't do very well.

Goldentony

it's reggae barnet consortium and anyone spreading disinformation otherwise is a fucking tit

beanheadmcginty

There wasn't even any questions on all the hidden horse references, which was a bummer from my perspective.

Gurke and Hare

beanheadmcginty

What is Raquel's middle name?
Who was initially driving the bus on the Jolly Boys Outing?
What did Del hide in Boycie's hair cream?
What type of burger was Grandad disappointed Rodney didn't buy him?
Why was Trigger barred from the Nags Head in the falling through the bar episode?