Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:52:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud II: The GUFFAWther Part 2

Started by madhair60, December 06, 2019, 09:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

I had a quick search but have we ever had a thread properly about the bloke in that video? He was a petty criminal who was arrested in a case of mistaken identity for a much bigger felon and why they used disproportionate force and it was filmed by news crews. His bizarre performance was improv'd to make him seem insane, so genius on his part imo

The "succulent Chinese meal" that was interpreted as context for him being a serial "dine and dash" con-artist was actually just pure nonsense.

Nevertheless he reprised his part at the end of this punk video released (and presumably shot) early this year. still got those mellifluous booming pipes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3jAJHRW_Yo

studpuppet

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 22, 2020, 11:10:59 PM
I had a quick search but have we ever had a thread properly about the bloke in that video?

Interview here - seems to have turned in to Clive James. Got his own website, T-shirts and wine...

https://www.mrdemocracymanifest.com.au

Ferris

I was distracted by the lingering shot of that lovely Casio F91-W.

couldn't look away.

magval

Asked in another thread but was the wrong place, but what has prompted his return to prominence round these parts? It's really caught fire again.

After discovering Pern recently, and his being featured there, I'm delighted he's returned to my life.

Shit Good Nose

As I know a lot of you don't ever go in the what do you look like? threads, I didn't want these two to get lost (go to the thread to see the accompanying image for the first one for context):
Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on October 24, 2020, 09:47:54 PM
What computer mouse is that?

Quote from: Al Tha Funkee Homosapien on October 24, 2020, 10:04:39 PM

kittens

rereading an old thread, pissed myself at replies' post here about his idea for a donkey "kong"

Quote from: Replies From View on May 21, 2020, 09:28:59 PM
Thank you!

I have certainly long been considering the possibility of this donkey "kong" wearing a tie of some kind - either a gratuitously repugnant bow tie stained with grease or a quite pleasant work tie like they have in Canary Wharf.  Red is a brilliant idea.  Initials in yellow is great too - it would contrast well with the red, and whose initials should be best scribed on the donkey "kong"'s own clothing than his very own initials?  We're totally on the same wavelength with this and I am gathering quite the flurry of momentum.

I absolutely do believe that an extended family of donkey "kong" relatives is called for with some immediacy.  For most of my life I have understood that the Dizzy games on the ZX Spectrum never positively kicked into full force until the Yolkfolk arrived on the scene with their hilarious full-dimensional personalities and their delicious box art, and I've no doubt donkey "kong" will quickly rub up against the issue of having no extended family until he has an extended family.  Where will his extended family be?  Exactly, he won't have one yet, at least until he does.

Kids, step-kids, aunts and uncles, nieces and nephews, grandparents, cousins of all conceivable shapes and sizes, and maybe even parents (although I am afeard that parents for the donkey "kong" might be unfathomably angry and bossy, growing into too much of a restriction as the sequels progress, so perhaps they should be long dead before the first game begins).  You name it (apart from parents)!  Siblings, even!!

In particular I was thinking of perhaps a nephew-type character with a name along the lines of doopily dozy dinokong or drisden dopamine donkeychild.

anyway cheers for your feedback.  The support is gratifying and I feel quite compelled to move forwards.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

idunnosomename

The very wholesome punchline made me guffaw but i think i'll leave it so everyone can enjoy it themselves

Cuellar

paruses

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 26, 2020, 09:30:55 AM
The very wholesome punchline made me guffaw but i think i'll leave it so everyone can enjoy it themselves

Lovely. Favourite bit is the two lifebelt frames.

Dex Sawash

Alberon

Glebe continuing to hit it out of the park.

Quote from: Glebe on October 26, 2020, 10:52:30 PM
"Lt. Worf, what are you doing?"

"Go on without me Captain, I must bring myself off! Harry Kim, Harry Kim, Harry Kim, Harry Kim..."

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Bently Sheds on October 28, 2020, 09:25:34 AM
I worked with a Yorkshireman who was almost stereotypically blunt and forthright with his opinions. He once described another colleague as looking like "he gets his hair cut in a fucking rocking chair"

pancreas

Shit Good Nose