Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,477
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:22:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Last CaB post that made you GUFFAW out loud II: The GUFFAWther Part 2

Started by madhair60, December 06, 2019, 09:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noonling

I rarely actually GUFFAW at posts on CaB, they generally make me quietly appreciate with a smile, but the simplicity of this:

Quote from: Sin Agog on February 14, 2020, 11:46:27 PM
It'll be loads cheaper if you use DeadEx.

Made me GUFFAW.

Marner and Me

Quote from: weekender on February 15, 2020, 05:19:29 PM
May as well use this thread to point out that I hate people from other continents.

Made me have a lolocaust.

druss

Quote from: gib on January 30, 2020, 11:36:55 PM
looked up Sian Webber after seeing her in a thing

"Within an episode of Holby City broadcast in 2013, Webber played a gameskeeper that had been impaled by an antler. The episode emphasised the message that a shot deer should never be approached from the front."

Dewt

Quote from: non capisco on February 16, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
I watched Bad Manners play in a pub in Gravesend once. Thought it would be a laugh to watch them on mushrooms but it actually turned out to be extremely unnerving. What I saw was a load of hard faced bald men worshipping the Michelin Man.

Dewt

holyzombiejesus

Kelvin on 'Sir' Keir Starmer.

Quote from: Kelvin on February 16, 2020, 09:53:22 AM
Time to start praying he was telling the truth about everything, and that the public respect men who look like two bricks fucked and had a baby bank manager.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Ray Travez

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on February 17, 2020, 10:31:27 AM
It's fun to be the disseminator of bullshit though. Like telling people that the peanuts found on a bar in America had been weed on by 5 different men and one had done a poo in them.

the

From That's all I got (a thread for very poorly sketched concepts):

Quote from: clingfilm portent on February 17, 2020, 12:36:29 AMYou come home from school aged 9-10 and your mum's just this big triangle

Emma Raducanu

Quote from: privatefriend on February 15, 2020, 03:51:05 AM
The Nazi connection actually goes much deeper, with the architects of the gas chambers being heavily inspired by the traditional methods used to make Arbroath smokies.

Butchers Blind

From the bully thread

Quote from: Captain Z on February 17, 2020, 08:02:52 PM
Somewhere on a Subaru Impreza forum there is a "Should I apologise to the guy a flicked a paper clip at?" thread.

jenna appleseed

Plankton Sideburns in Iain Lee talks about the 11 O'Clock Show

cant wait until all of bbc's exes are on twitch and i can lob cryptocoins at them and watch them dance in humiliating clothes for me, the format saturated with ex establishment camwhores

hugh stevens dangles from a sex swing insterting candles, stopping his tears only to thanks subscribers, emily matlis stands in the corner on one leg with a teatowel on her head, best tenner ive spent all week

jenna appleseed

Pijlstaart replying to Prince Andrew's medical sweat condition clearing up

Mayan architecture is really under the radar, utterly ripe for appropriation. Serious Sam, Sam I Am, of course based a level around Palenque, appropriative. Frank Lloyd Wright absolutely shit the bed trying mayan revival. It's a tough cookie, but the rewards are there to those who want it.

He's got a kind face, Prince Andrew, a patrician kindness, and if we'd had the good sense to caponise Charles then we wouldn't have liberal race traitors in line for the throne, it'd be Andrew next. I think he needs it too after this little hoo-hah, we owe him for decades of service, just you try walking a mile in his shoes. There's a depth to him, and a warmth, a benevolent overseer, if his face was the face on the teletubby sun it'd fit right in. His Majesty King Andrew, Supreme Governor of the Church of England, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, Ireland and the British Dominions beyond the Seas King, Defender of the Faith. Fairs fair.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 17, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
Quote from: bgmnts on February 17, 2020, 10:04:58 PM
Why do we even bother with cooking properly still when you can live pretty cheaply on shit like instant noodles, tinned veg and pastas and rice and the like. Why do people still make the effort when it's unnecessary? Intrigues me, is it a status thing?
Why do people even listen to music when you can just open the window when an ice cream van drives past?

jenna appleseed

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,35296.60.html

In Half Life 2 there's a character who looks a bit Brexit, so I take to going up to him and shouting "get it done" sarcastically, except there's no microphone in that game so I just have to type it into the console.

jenna appleseed

from deso thread
Quote from: petrilTanaka on February 15, 2020, 10:35:56 AM
Letterbocks in Viz this month is all just "Do I Win A Fiver?" nothing else in any of the letters, just the five words and a question mark, 800 times

phes

Quote from: Jockice on February 19, 2020, 12:25:41 PM
I once went on a brewery tour with workmates. During which I managed to piss myself before I'd even had any free beer.

the reality of this maybe isn't at all funny but the post is

Jockice

Quote from: phes on February 19, 2020, 12:31:19 PM
the reality of this maybe isn't at all funny but the post is

As long as it amuses you it's fine by me. I was wearing my posh tartan trousers that day too.

Dewt

Sounds like they ended up with more than just tart on them

tart-on

tartan

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on February 19, 2020, 10:32:42 AM
"And this is Dave, one of our long-standing warehouse employees. You can ask him anything you like about what it's like to work for Amazon."

"I know you! Aren't you Kevin out of Liberty X?"

*SIRENS WAIL AND THE ROOM SLOWLY FILLS WITH GAS*

Ferris

touchingcloth

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: the on February 17, 2020, 11:41:46 AM
From That's all I got (a thread for very poorly sketched concepts):

Quote from: clingfilm portent on February 17, 2020, 12:36:29 AM
You come home from school aged 9-10 and your mum's just this big triangle

Isn't that like an old science-fiction short story?  Something about a guy who accidentally shifts himself into a different dimension so he ends up looking to the rest of the world like a big oblong.  Efforts to reverse the process fail, so his wife and child decide to
Spoiler alert
undergo the same thing so they can be with him
[close]
and... no I remember it now.  It's the CHILD who ends up in a different dimension due to a malfunction with "the birthing machine", and
Spoiler alert
the parents who go through it as well so they can be with him
[close]
.  The last line is especially poignant and yet funny.

Thanks to Google being better than usual lately, I don't have to ask you guys for once.  A quick sf short story birthing machine dimension tells me it was "Tomorrow's Child" by Ray Bradbury, and it's a safe bet I read it in his short story collection I Sing the Body Electric.

Sorry for this self-indulgent and pointless post but hey, the OP made me laugh too.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 20, 2020, 03:21:39 PM

Something about a guy who accidentally shits himself into a different dimension

fixed for that's all I got thread

Blue Jam

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 20, 2020, 03:21:39 PM

Isn't that like an old science-fiction short story?  Something about a guy who accidentally shifts himself into a different dimension so he ends up looking to the rest of the world like a big oblong.  Efforts to reverse the process fail, so his wife and child decide to
Spoiler alert
undergo the same thing so they can be with him
[close]
and... no I remember it now.  It's the CHILD who ends up in a different dimension due to a malfunction with "the birthing machine", and
Spoiler alert
the parents who go through it as well so they can be with him
[close]
.  The last line is especially poignant and yet funny.

Thanks to Google being better than usual lately, I don't have to ask you guys for once.  A quick sf short story birthing machine dimension tells me it was "Tomorrow's Child" by Ray Bradbury, and it's a safe bet I read it in his short story collection I Sing the Body Electric.

Sorry for this self-indulgent and pointless post but hey, the OP made me laugh too.

It's not this one, but you might enjoy it anyway:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 20, 2020, 03:28:51 PM
It's not this one, but you might enjoy it anyway:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

Heh, I actually found it terribly dry.  Probably because I was spoiled by reading The Planiverse by A. K. Dewdney first.

I first heard about Flatland as a kid, saw it mentioned many times but never actually managed to find a copy.  Bought The Planiverse not long after it came out and enjoyed it tremendously.  So when eventually I did find a copy of Flatland around 5 years later I was pretty underwhelmed.

Thanks for the recommendation anyway, though.  If you've never read the Dewdney book I do recommend it back!

Twit 2