Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:21:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Some news about purlieu

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, December 06, 2019, 04:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I'm not sure if he would want me to go into specifics of what has happened but suffice to say but he is currently in hospital and not doing well. He has let people know on Facebook too.

It's not anything comical like a colonoscopy, sadly an altogether too common and unhappy other reason.

I'm posting this as it doesn't appear anyone else has yet and as several people on here have known him for some time, and plenty on Oscillations chat with him regularly, you guys would want to know and wish him a speedy recovery to good health and strength to the Leicestershire-based git.

Absorb the anus burn

imitationleather

Oh no, that's a bit crap. (Although not as crap as I was fearing when I saw the thread title.)

Sending on my love and all-round nice vibez. He's a good lad.

Small Man Big Horse

I hope he feels better soon too, and that it's nothing too awful.

Danger Man

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 06, 2019, 04:08:39 PM
sadly an altogether too common and unhappy other reason.

Phimosis.

Get well soon, Purlieu.

bgmnts

Hasn't gone bald has he?

Get well.

Phil_A

Come on purlieu, you've still got 40+ Dr Who novels to review yet, no time for lounging about "sick" mate.

dallasman

Great poster, that's all I know. Best wishes!

alan nagsworth

Oh fucking hell. My heart absolutely sank when I read this title. I'm glad at least to read that it isn't the worst news, but this saddens me greatly nonetheless.

Ross you bugger, we love you very much. Please get well soon.

Ambient Sheep

What others have said.  You're great, Purlieu, get well soon.

chveik

oh fuck. get well soon purlieu xx

BlodwynPig

Some warmth from the cold cockles of a bloated pig. Get better purlieu, always a pleasure to read your thoughts on music.

Icehaven

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, he's a top chap, I haven't been on Facebook today but I'll check now. Hope he's OK.

Famous Mortimer

Hope you defeat the fuck out of whatever it is that's got you in hospital purlieu.

Cerys

GET BETTER, PURLIEU! 

This is an order, with a side-order of Huge Welsh Hugs.

Kryton

Good luck Purlieu. We're all counting on you.

Goldentony

an old, familiar name with a lot of great posts who its a joy to see still posting, please get better purlieu mate you mother fucker

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Alberon

Quote from: Phil_A on December 06, 2019, 04:41:16 PM
Come on purlieu, you've still got 40+ Dr Who novels to review yet, no time for lounging about "sick" mate.

Yeah, you're not getting out of that!

Damn well get better!

Egyptian Feast

Really sorry to hear this. Get well soon purlieu!

non capisco

Keep on keeping on, purlieu. You're ace.

thenoise

Get well soon purlieu.

Can everyone take extra special care of themselves please? I love CAB and you all make it what it is. I don't think I'd bother with the internet at all if it weren't for CAB.

Thursday

Ahh fuck, he's a great bunch of lads, hope you get better soon.

shiftwork2

jobotic

Get well soon you great poster, you.

Mister Six

Purlieu ended up sleeping on my sofa after I attended my one and only CaB meet in 2010 or so, and for that I am truly sorry - it was a shit sofa.

Anyway, I really do wish him the very best. He's a great bloke and I damn well expect him to be back on here shortly or I shall be HAVING WORDS.

JesusAndYourBush

I've met Purlieu at at least one cab meet.  Get well soon you bugger, you're younger than me FFS and that is no age to have some sort of bodily malfunction.

wosl

One of the best (an enthusiastic fan of mid-era Tangs, as I remember, which gives him a life-pass for the good books, as far as I'm concerned).  No hugs available from Hugh Welsh here, purls, just heartfelt wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. 

NoSleep

Hope everything turns out OK, purlieu.