Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,474
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:51:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Some news about purlieu

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, December 06, 2019, 04:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Got a fright when I read the post title... hope he's getting proper treatment, hugs and love to yah purlieu mate.

Oh for fucks... new page twat sorry.

Spoon of Ploff

I hope you're feeling better soon purlieu

Galeee

All the best for a speedy recovery, purlieu.

Gradual Decline

Best wishes, Purlieu.

Hope you're back to your very best soon and leave Hosptial and Leicestershire sharpish.

canadagoose

Hope you get well soon, purlieu. All the best.

rue the polywhirl

Sorry to hear you're in troubs. Wishing you a speedy recov.

BlodwynPig

gmoney

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien

If I could remotely Wetherspoons app you a plate of peas and 10 glasses of milk I would!

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Very sorry to hear about this. Get well soon, Purlieu.

Non Stop Dancer

I've always absolutely loved the track he contributed to the first Haha Tape album. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

He is an amazing musician and the stuff he has done recently blends vaporwave with ambient and 90s synths so beautifully. He is coming into his own.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 06, 2019, 09:35:23 PM
He is an amazing musician and the stuff he has done recently blends vaporwave with ambient and 90s synths so beautifully. He is coming into his own.

Can you pm me the name of that? I think he's mentioned his stuff previously - the Touched comp?

Bad Ambassador

Shoulders?-Stomach!

non capisco

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 06, 2019, 10:27:17 PM
https://timereleasedsound.bandcamp.com/album/arboretum

An example of the amazing stuff purlieu has been doing recently.

Talented so and so, isn't he? Beautiful stuff.

That's fantastic. Get better you bastard.

purlieu

Hello. Thank you for all the lovely comments and thoughts and jokes. You are all a lovely lot.

In short, my mental health has taken a tumble in the last few months - lots of things just getting on top of me really - and during a day out in Birmingham yesterday my girlfriend and I had a bit of an argument which turned into a proverbial straw and camel scenario. In short, I walked off and found myself trying to step in front of a moving tram. I caught the driver's eye at the last moment and a split-second realisation that I'd basically be fucking his life up by making him the person who killed me was enough to stop me. My girlfriend had already informed the police of my disappearance and they helped me and took me to hospital and such.

I was discharged this morning and have seen my GP and the Mental Health Crisis Team, who are going to be visiting me for the next few weeks to help with the recovery. My girlfriend and dad took me for a country walk and treated me to a pub lunch today and I've watched some Star Trek so my overall mood is 'slightly less shitty', but there's a long way to go. But little things like reading this thread are a reminder that being alive can be a nice experience sometimes.

Quote from: Danger Man on December 06, 2019, 04:22:34 PM
Phimosis.
Been there, done that. Surgeon fucked up the operation, too. But I'm all good down there now.

Quote from: Phil_A on December 06, 2019, 04:41:16 PM
Come on purlieu, you've still got 40+ Dr Who novels to review yet, no time for lounging about "sick" mate.
And the rest.

Quote from: Mister Six on December 06, 2019, 06:27:41 PM
Purlieu ended up sleeping on my sofa after I attended my one and only CaB meet in 2010 or so, and for that I am truly sorry - it was a shit sofa.
You and the sofa were life savers (probably literally, given the snow and the fact I left my coat at Ronnie Raincoat's), it could have been a bed of bricks and I'd still have appreciated it.

Quote from: Gradual Decline on December 06, 2019, 08:03:18 PM
Hope you're back to your very best soon and leave [...] Leicestershire sharpish.
Yes, me too.

Still, if all it takes is a suicide attempt to find a way to circumvent the music self-promotion rule, I'll have to try this again next time I've got an album out.

Flouncer

Ah man, I'm sorry to hear that. I ended up in a similar situation last year and I'm much better now. It can be hard to see a way out but there will be some way to get yourself in a better position. It takes time. Good luck. xxx

garbed_attic

One of the best and too gorgeous to die - sorry purlieu, you gotta keep it going! Do it for the Manics!

Malcy

Keep well Purlieu. Like that Star Trek made you feel 'Less Shitty'. It's my go to comfort when things are tough and works a treat.

All the best mate.

Glebe

Delighted to hear from you dear Purlieu mate, please please please dinnae attempt anything foolish from now on... more Star Trek and good meals and sleep and love and kindness and understanding I wish for thee.

koeman

Take care, purlieu. You're a good 'un.

Attila

Adding my well-wishes, purlieu.

I've really been enjoying your reviews in the Doctor Who thread, as well <3

buttgammon

Jockice

Hope he's as okay as possible.

alan nagsworth

Please look after yourself. We love you very much. In a sea of people barking rubbish at me on here you were the one whose classical musical recommendations resonated with me the most. You made me a flipping Spotify playlist and everything, thank you so much again for that! I'm really grateful for who you are.

Quote from: Malcy on December 07, 2019, 02:50:10 AM
Star Trek made you feel 'Less Shitty'.

This significantly ups the stakes for that new Picard show.

Lost Oliver

Sending lots of love to you Purlieu.