Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:16:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Some news about purlieu

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, December 06, 2019, 04:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twit 2

Get well purlieu. Listened to your album last night, beautiful stuff. Lovely synth work, especially around the 21 min mark.

jobotic

I wanna listen to purlieu's album!

jobotic

I wanna learn to read!

Thank you Twit 2

Dex Sawash

I listened to it last night, the first thing CaB has ever linked that my wife didn't say "what the fucking fuck are you listening to"

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Dex Sawash on December 07, 2019, 12:02:54 PM
I listened to it last night, the first thing CaB has ever linked that my wife didn't say "what the fucking fuck are you listening to"

Sounds like a right twat

BlodwynPig

Uncle TechTip

Warm wishes and recover swiftly, purlieu.

pigamus

I really enjoy your Doctor Who book reviews purlieu and I  hope you get the help you need to come through this shitty patch. Best wishes.

chveik

Pingers

Hi purlieu, some guy you've never heard of here. I'm sorry you are in a bad way. I followed the link to your music, it's really genuinely good. I am a fan of people like Tom Green, Biosphere, Murcof and Gas. People think it's easy to make that sort of music but it really isn't, if I hear it done badly I wince. But yours is genuinely first rate, I bought the digital album.

Of course, you could make crap music and I'd still wish you just as well, but if you're looking for reasons to stay alive, maybe your music is one.

A few years ago I made a plan to kill myself. I didn't tell anyone in my life in case they tried to deter me. I felt I was very close to going through with it, and that if I experienced one more upset I'd go off and do it. I often feel lucky that I didn't, it's important to play the long game.

Look after yourself, peace out.

bgmnts

I think about it almost every day, understandably.

I came across this and it just clicked in me a few hours ago:

https://www.salon.com/2006/03/06/suicide_23/

I hope someone else thinking about it reads this.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: purlieu on December 06, 2019, 11:59:04 PM
Still, if all it takes is a suicide attempt to find a way to circumvent the music self-promotion rule, I'll have to try this again next time I've got an album out.

Haha! Cunning. I'm glad you're still around to make more good shit.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on December 07, 2019, 06:36:06 PM
Proving it takes one to know one.

I thought it was a very positive comment. I've just finished listening to Vale again. Moving on to Purlieu's Intl. Debris stuff.

Blue Jam

Glad you're doing relatively alright purlieu. Strength and hugs to you x

purlieu

Thank you again for all the well wishes and the nice comments about my music. Had my first visit from the crisis team today which was nice, it's good to just have a new friendly face to talk to about shit, especially as one of the big issues I have is loneliness. I'll be seeing them on alternate days for the next week or two so they can keep an eye on me and hopefully make sure I don't end up slipping too much and going back to hospital. I'm hoping to something close to back to normal by Christmas.

Quote from: Pingers on December 07, 2019, 05:43:52 PM
I followed the link to your music, it's really genuinely good. I am a fan of people like Tom Green, Biosphere, Murcof and Gas. People think it's easy to make that sort of music but it really isn't, if I hear it done badly I wince. But yours is genuinely first rate, I bought the digital album.
Thank you very much, that's lovely. Some of my favourite artists there, especially Biosphere and Murcof. Both have had some impact on my own music too.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: purlieu on December 07, 2019, 07:50:11 PM
Thank you again for all the well wishes and the nice comments about my music. Had my first visit from the crisis team today which was nice, it's good to just have a new friendly face to talk to about shit, especially as one of the big issues I have is loneliness. I'll be seeing them on alternate days for the next week or two so they can keep an eye on me and hopefully make sure I don't end up slipping too much and going back to hospital. I'm hoping to something close to back to normal by Christmas.
Thank you very much, that's lovely. Some of my favourite artists there, especially Biosphere and Murcof. Both have had some impact on my own music too.

Keep getting stronger. Are you aware of the track Clouds by Gaussian Curve? It is quite a standout track as the rest of their output does not reach anywhere near this level. However, it is melancholic, so don't listen if this is something advised against.

Brundle-Fly

You'll come out the other end, son.

I still dyslexically pronounce your online name as 'Purley- OO' . It's cuter, no?

shiftwork2

Another here who bought and loves this record.  We need more please, when you're ready.

Cerys

Good to see you posting, purlieu.  You're still the prettiest, but don't tell SNG I said so.

Crabwalk

So glad to hear you're getting good support Purlieu.

There's a high chance a lot of people are going to be in very bad mental space later this week so we all need to be aware of anyone we know who may be vulnerable. It's going to take a lot of fucking kindness to stave off severe despair but we have to try.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Crabwalk on December 08, 2019, 08:12:29 AM
So glad to hear you're getting good support Purlieu.

There's a high chance a lot of people are going to be in very bad mental space later this week so we all need to be aware of anyone we know who may be vulnerable. It's going to take a lot of fucking kindness to stave off severe despair but we have to try.

Bojo grief dog?

Crabwalk

That's a good idea. I'll provide the sausages.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on December 07, 2019, 08:53:36 PM
I still dyslexically pronounce your online name as 'Purley- OO' . It's cuter, no?

That is how it's pronounced, isn't it? https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/purlieu

Thomas

Best of luck in your recovery, purlieu. Take it gently. Your username is one of my favourites to imagine pronouncing, even if the above proves me wrong.

'Pearl-you'.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

purlieu

Quote from: shiftwork2 on December 08, 2019, 12:06:33 AM
Another here who bought and loves this record.  We need more please, when you're ready.
I delivered a vaguely similarly themed record to the same label last week, actually.

Purlieu is obviously pronounced 'Stenk-varz-loh'.

Quote from: Crabwalk on December 08, 2019, 08:12:29 AM
I probably won't be online at all on Friday. Sod that.

greenman

My entry for the guilt thread for missing this on the day but now freeloading enjoying your great album.

A belated get well soon anyway.