Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:36:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hanging about Chester train station for next 4 hours

Started by PlanktonSideburns, December 07, 2019, 12:31:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Anyone want to come round for a chat about the merits of placing kievs out of phase to prevent bursting?

Or want to talk about the merits of haruomi hosono''s solo work, most particularly Philharmony? (RIP OSCILLATION STATION)

Or just distract me from it here?

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Chester seems nice, why don't you just wander round for a bit?

Edit: just realised it's half past 12 in the morning

shiftwork2

Have a walk around the city walls, these city walls.  Do that 12 times and bob's your aunties live-in etc.  I met a tremendous cat when I did this last year.  Here is cat

gib

Sin Agog

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on December 07, 2019, 12:31:25 AM
Anyone want to come round for a chat about the merits of placing kievs out of phase to prevent bursting?

Or want to talk about the merits of haruomi hosono''s solo work, most particularly Philharmony? (RIP OSCILLATION STATION)

Or just distract me from it here?

I am not in Chester, but I do like me some Hosono.  For some reason, his album with the wicked Miharu Koshi, Swing Slow, is a total guaranteed success whenever I play it in the background during Sunday dinners with the fam.  I keep on insisting to them it's got all these weird jarring effects and shit- it's very, very Julee Cruise/Twin Peaks- so they shouldn't like it so much, but I think they just imagine themselves in a swagged-out elevator to space while it's playing and that's enough for them.  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=06HcFuiHWZ4

Um, also keep warm!

PlanktonSideburns

Yea I had to have a little sit down and a think after hearing that swing low album - really great - play it everytime I'm on a plane to sooth my soul.

Can't do much carousing around the town as I have two huge bags, but fair dooos Chesters pretty swanky. Keeping warm in the McDonald's till train station opens.

Fair play McDonald's workers need medals. Bad enough being a sober customer on a Friday night

Can't be arsed to walk home, homes Newport so I probably wouldn't make it

PlanktonSideburns

Never noticed how much of atomTM''S stuff is a conversation with hosono's work

I wonder to what frequency I will have to buy burgers in here to not get hassled.  I feel like no burgers

pigamus

idunnosomename

Newport Man with Two Big Bags Freezes to Death Outside Chester McDonalds

PlanktonSideburns

Love the idea that my two big bags would be my legacy

Small Man Big Horse

I heard that if you're in Chester for longer than two hours you get cast in Hollyoaks. So are you now a leading actor in the soap opera Hollyoaks?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

"Heavy-set balding man bummed insensible in toilets of Chester branch of McDonald's"

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 07, 2019, 04:02:21 PM
"Heavy-set balding man bummed insensible in toilets of Chester branch of McDonald's"

heavy set non balding man looks sad and rattled in an mcdonalds more like

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 07, 2019, 03:56:53 PM
I heard that if you're in Chester for longer than two hours you get cast in Hollyoaks. So are you now a leading actor in the soap opera Hollyoaks?

they said i looked too heavy set and sad

spaghetamine

PlanktonSideburns

willpurry

Quote from: shiftwork2 on December 07, 2019, 12:42:32 AM
Have a walk around the city walls, these city walls.  Do that 12 times and bob's your aunties live-in etc.  I met a tremendous cat when I did this last year.  Here is cat

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/chester/4005-77638/