Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:42:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jody Comer Appreciation Thread

Started by Dr Rock, December 07, 2019, 07:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

After someone here, can't remember who, mentioned a few times that Killing Eve was worth a watch, I just finished the first series and wanted to say it was pretty ace, mostly because of Josie Cummer's performance as Villainer, pulling funny faces and that.

I hear the second series disappointed some, I'll see for myself.

Anyway Huzzah for Jodie Cromer!

BlodwynPig

Cardenio I

I hope you people are on some sort of list.

chveik

Quote from: Cardenio I on December 07, 2019, 11:25:56 AM
I hope you people are on some sort of list.

cook'd and bomb'd's list of members!

Dr Rock

Why don't people like the second series much? I'm about to steam through it..

Np Spoilers please

Jim Bob

Chriddof

Someone explain what's happening here. I'm genuinely lost.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Jim Bob on December 08, 2019, 06:08:30 AM
Creepy.  Ever so creepy.

Let me be clear - my appreciation of Ms Cromer has nothing to do with her attractiveness, which is neither here nor there for me. It's about her performance, her acting, in a role that calls for her to be likeable, to be (very) funny, to be believable as a resourceful, smart and capable killer, yet missing something essential to be human, her ability to handle an often very physically demanding role, to be a magnetic presence on screen. Much of the credit must go to the writers, but Commar elevates it with a fantastic performance that I can't imagine another actor matching.

I realise I am late to the show, but I was impressed enough by her charming and amusing acting that I thought she deserved a thread of appreciation. Is there anything 'creepy' about that? I say there is not.

I'd ask anyone who has actually watched Killing Eve to deny that she deserves a thread to respect her truly marvellous ability to portray Villenour with just the right touch, to steal every scene she is in, to be a veritable revelation.

In short, Ms Jossie Corma is ace.

Killing Eve is currently available on iPlayer for those who missed it at the time (like me), and I urge any doubters to give it a go.

JesusAndYourBush

When she was made into a cake, I'm still curious if only her head and shoulders were cake, or her whole body.

bgmnts

Quote from: Chriddof on December 08, 2019, 10:33:27 AM
Someone explain what's happening here. I'm genuinely lost.

Dr Rock is encroaching on lisajesusmaryandchain's territory.

You lose points for not naming the thread Jody Comer Appreciation Coner.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 08, 2019, 04:43:46 PM
When she was made into a cake, I'm still curious if only her head and shoulders were cake, or her whole body.

Fuck that, what's her fanny made of?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I'm not in the best frame of mind to give any kind of decent response to this thread at the moment, but I'm glad to read that the Doc has found himself to be a fan of the " Killing Eve" television series, and I enjoyed reading his eloquent appreciation of Ms. Comer's undoubted talents.

( Also, yeah, the second series is a bit shit. )
( Although the first two episodes are pretty watchable.)

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 08, 2019, 06:36:08 PM
Fuck that, what's her fanny made of?

Well yes that's what I was alluding to by asking how much of her was made of cake.  The legs look shop window dummy but it's not clear how far down the cake goes.

chveik

I think we've discussed series 2 of Killing Eve in a previous Comer thread.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain