Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:20:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Sun goes full nazi conspiracy batshit mental.

Started by Bobloblawslawbomb, December 07, 2019, 09:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Probably deserves its own thread.

https://twitter.com/trillingual/status/1203291719707635713?s=21

Tom Newton Dunn has had to pull a truly insane piece that 'accidentally' linked to a neo-nazi website whilst trying to paint labour activists as extremists.

I honestly didn't think it was possible to be shocked by our gutter press any more, but here we are.

Replies From View

They probably realised they should save things like this until the very last day before voting, when many people won't have the processing time to realise it's bollocks.

king_tubby

I've seen a few unconfirmed reports that they had to take it down as the copyright is owned by Stormfront? Could be just shitposting though.

idunnosomename

The Sun politics twitter seems to have deleted it? It never fails to amaze me though how Tom Newton-Dunn is invited on radio 4 to speak as a sensible correspondent on politics the same day as okaying a headline that's ike CORBYN: FUCKS BABIES WITH A SICKLE THEN BRAINS THEM WITH HAMMER

Zetetic

Quote from: king_tubby on December 07, 2019, 09:48:42 PM
I've seen a few unconfirmed reports that they had to take it down as the copyright is owned by Stormfront? Could be just shitposting though.
Copyright on what? The claims themselves aren't subject to copyright.

I suspect that someone even at The Sun decided that linking to Aryan Unity was a bit much. If there were legal threats, I doubt they were coming from the scum being cited, who will have enjoyed the signal-boost enormously.

idunnosomename

considering the whole of merseyside fucking hates the sun im surprised it maintains such a high circulation

why are people so fucking stupid

Kryton

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/nz8ez8/liverpool-vs-the-sun-how-the-city-rid-itself-of-the-uks-biggest-paper

QuoteThroughout the length of the boycott The Sun has offered multiple apologies, always lacking sincerity, always rejected and always inevitably followed by a Kelvin Mackenzie or editorial gaffe in relation to Liverpool further down the line. Today, it was revealed that Mackenzie will be leaving the newspaper after making comments comparing Everton player Ross Barkley – who has a Nigerian grandfather – to a gorilla, as well as further insults aimed at the people of Liverpool.

Fuck the Sun and anyone who works for it.

Thomas

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 07, 2019, 10:26:15 PM
considering the whole of merseyside fucking hates the sun im surprised it maintains such a high circulation

why are people so fucking stupid

It stuns me that there isn't nationwide solidarity on this count. Everybody ought to have shunned it out of communal disgust. Don't know why people are happy to buy it in other counties. The paper would have smeared innocent people wherever the disaster happened. Folk in Derby reading it to this day as though they'd have been treated any better.

idunnosomename

genuinely why is no one doing a sociological study of the sun's distribution oh wait. because murdoch would literally have their guts for garters.