Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 09:24:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Creating while a moody git

Started by Noonling, December 08, 2019, 01:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noonling

How do you Create without giving up within five minutes? Sometimes I think if I could just CREATE (in my case, write) consistently I would be much less of a moody git as it would be something to live for and be proud of, but then that in turn probably just puts pressure on it and puts me off (I don't know if it actually does, its just a theory).

Maybe my question is really: How do you Create rubbish? The general idea is that writing is all in the editing, and I hate editing - I know I have an issue with wanting things to be good first time. Maybe the question is "How do you learn to love/tolerate editing?"

Or simply "How do you do things that are good for you rather than play Slay the Spire for 100 hours?" Or "How make happy go?"

Please answer all my questions, and all the other questions I might have but have forgotten.

Glebe

If you're not in the mood to create, don't force it, I suppose?

Buelligan

Drop all hard feelings, release resistance.  Practice allowing things you love to flow through, expand into every sphere of your life.  Happiness grows.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuotePractice allowing things you love to flow through, expand into every sphere of your life.

I also masturbate this much

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

BLACK! Like the endless void of space! BLACK!

rasta-spouse

Quote from: Noonling on December 08, 2019, 01:49:18 PM
How do you Create without giving up within five minutes? Sometimes I think if I could just CREATE (in my case, write) consistently I would be much less of a moody git as it would be something to live for and be proud of, but then that in turn probably just puts pressure on it and puts me off (I don't know if it actually does, its just a theory).

Read a Steven Pressfield book, the titles are corny but the info is good regarding internal struggles.

Also, something from the terrible Linehan. He mentioned once a way to "hack" your inner critic on a first draft is to say to yourself, "let it be the awful turd that it was always meant to be". Helps him a lot apparently.

Piggyoioi

I find starting the hardest, then seeing shit and realizing its not a catastrophe, then a genuine interest emerges, then an excitement and drive to finish.

But yeah, getting in the chair and sitting down before the task is always the hardest for me. Just do that and don't think about it, the rest usually just happens.