Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:14:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greener Grass (2019)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, December 08, 2019, 08:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

This is an absurdist satire of suburban life written, directed and starring Jocelyn DeBoer and Dawn Luebbe. It's a brightly lit oddity where women casually give up their children, teachers sing with their students about their own murderous mother, and at one point one of the kids turns in to a dog and no one really cares. It's got a very distinct sense of humour and is definitely rather strange, but I liked it an enormous amount personally. 7.9/10

Oh yeah, and D'Arcy Carden is in it. Which is always a good thing.

Vitalstatistix

Shaky

Enjoyed this but it didn't entirely gel for me. I thought it started off incredibly strong but ultimately couldn't quite sustain it's peculiar little world (in a way I can't entirely out my finger on, to be honest). But definitely one of those films I'm glad exists and the main actress was excellent.

Shaky

Quote from: Shaky on December 15, 2019, 03:11:59 AM
Enjoyed this but it didn't entirely gel for me. I thought it started off incredibly strong but ultimately couldn't quite sustain it's peculiar little world (in a way I can't entirely put my finger on, to be honest). But definitely one of those films I'm glad exists and the main actress was excellent.

Twit 2

madhair60

An tSaoi