Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:49:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Is Weetabix a treat?

Started by holyzombiejesus, December 08, 2019, 11:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

holyzombiejesus

Quote@simonmaginn

Having trouble deciding between Corbyn and Johnson? It might help to think about the food-bank volunteer who found a woman in tears with a young child and took them to the supermarket. They bought Weetabix: the child thought this was a 'treat'.
Just let that image play.
Think.

This made me feel so fucking upset. Can you imagine being a young kid and considering a box of Weetabix 'a treat'? Maybe if it was the 48 pack with extra Dr Who cards, but I'm guessing this happened in 2019 rather than 1975.

idunnosomename

oh but legend bozza. hes a cunt like me. Crobbins is like genuinely empathetic and i can't stand that

Shoulders?-Stomach!

You know on the right wing fun clubs they are constantly pushing that Corbyn is 'a millionaire who doesn't understand normal people'.

It's all about Get Brexit Done and if a coalition of Saddam Hussain, Raoul Moat and Marc Dutroux were leading it then they'd ignore all their faults too for the sake of the One True Goal.

hummingofevil

Fuck the Tories obviously but 3 dry Weetabix covered in flora margarine is one of my guilty food pleasures. Eat the first two over the place then turn the last one upside-down and pick up all the Weetabix crumbs with the marg side. So nice.

Glebe

idunnosomename

Momentum thugs. Won't be giving them any of my chopped banana

Cuntbeaks

Ian Drunken Smurf

For some strange reason, I'm seeing Neil Kinnock doing the voice over for the "Finger of fudge" advert. Which comedy show of the late 80s or early 90s was that?

Buelligan

Made me angry.

Something has to change.  Each of us carries responsibility for making that happen.

Buelligan

Replies From View

To be fair if anyone held me at gun point and asked me if Weetabix is a treat I wouldn't be able to deny that it is.

BlodwynPig

When I was in a German hospital for 2 months due to retinopathy...sharing a room with a farting former Nazi-youther, breakfast consisted of leaded schwarzbrot and ham. It was killing me until my then girlfriend found a shop selling Oatibix - THIS WAS A TREAT BEYOND TREATS

Beagle 2

Depends how old the child is, my son is two and if I wrapped a dog turd in a piece of grease proof paper and told him it was a treat he would get excited. Weetabix is stretching it though.

Buelligan

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 09, 2019, 08:52:30 AM
When I was in a German hospital for 2 months due to retinopathy...sharing a room with a farting former Nazi-youther, breakfast consisted of leaded schwarzbrot and ham. It was killing me until my then girlfriend found a shop selling Oatibix - THIS WAS A TREAT BEYOND TREATS

I too had a similar experience with hospital food and actual Weetabix.  It's a bit like daddy or chips though, neither are great but one is not completely shit.

It's expensive, in fact all big brand cereal seems expensive compared to own brand equivalents which taste almost exactly the same.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: Ian Drunken Smurf on December 09, 2019, 05:56:57 AM
For some strange reason, I'm seeing Neil Kinnock doing the voice over for the "Finger of fudge" advert. Which comedy show of the late 80s or early 90s was that?

Phil Cool's BBC2 show.

holyzombiejesus

They should do adverts calling it Treatabix if it is a treat but I imagine it would just get laughed at.

Imagine looking round at this country and seeing how it's changed over the last 9 years and thinking, 'ooh, more of the same please.'

Non Stop Dancer

Nobody should have to use a food bank (I very strongly suspect my parents' would have had to use them if I'd have been a kid now rather than the 80s), but to be fair maybe the lad just loves a nice bowl of Weetabix.

Jasha

Surely the treat is having milk to splash on the Weetabix and not tepid tap water

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: Absorb the anus burn on December 09, 2019, 10:57:52 AM
Phil Cool's BBC2 show.

Thanks for clearing that up. Just found it on YouTube, but doesn't seem that funny anymore. https://youtu.be/I9kZWbpxCuk

Cloud

The little bite size ones with fruit or chocolate chips in them are

But yeah that's shit

Replies From View

Quote from: Non Stop Dancer on December 09, 2019, 03:49:53 PM
Nobody should have to use a food bank (I very strongly suspect my parents' would have had to use them if I'd have been a kid now rather than the 80s), but to be fair maybe the lad just loves a nice bowl of Weetabix.

You may think that this is a discussion about food banks but it is actually a conversation about only specifically the treat value of weetabix.

Oh by the way there's little mini weetabixes and proper sized ones about the proportions of a bar of soap.  The former are not treats while the latter are.

touchingcloth

I don't have a very sweet tooth, so to me Weetabix plus milk is quite the sugary treat. I imagine if I never had any sugar at all it would blow my balls off with its sweet and malty goodness - not everything has to be choco krispies in Nesquilk to be enjoyable.

Bronzy

The Honey Monster is a centrist

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Bronzy on December 10, 2019, 02:42:09 AM

Nah mate, he wears blue. Tory. Tory cunt.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 09, 2019, 08:52:30 AM
When I was in a German hospital for 2 months due to retinopathy...sharing a room with a farting former Nazi-youther, breakfast consisted of leaded schwarzbrot and ham.

Literal misery guts

Quote from: Bronzy on December 10, 2019, 02:42:09 AM

That bee off the honey nut loops adverts is a nailed on Lib Dem. You can tell by looking at him that he wouldn't risk rocking any boats.
Only Tony the Tiger is a true Corbyn man, like a big stripey affable Ross Kemp. "Nationalising the railways will be grrrrrreat!!"