Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:53:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Asthma sufferers

Started by bgmnts, December 09, 2019, 12:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Are there any sufferers of asthma here? Do you just suffer from coughing or wheezing or is there a tickle in your throat when you breathe?

I was told by a doc a few years ago that I had 'mild asthma' but lost the pump and wasn't arsed but the past month or two i've had a severe cough, to the point of retching,  largely caused by a tickle in the throat thats exacerbated by breathing in. Is this just lingering flu or something or aids tier asthma?

Thomas

I visited the doctor last year, suspecting a drop of asthma, and they gave me an inhaler and a letter referring me for an X-ray. Stupidly lost the letter and the inhaler's running low, so I'll need to go whimperingly back to the doctor (and it's fifty quid a pop here in Ireland, even if you're only in for sixty seconds to learn there's nowt wrong. People tend to save up their ailments before going in).

I can take a long while catching my breath after an uphill walk with shopping bags, and I can sometimes feel the wheeze. Sometimes I imagine it's heart failure and resign myself to the void, before remembering I've got frozen stuff to put away. As for your deathly cough, I'd just get yourself to the GP while it's still free to speak to them.

Glebe

I've suffered with asthma since childhood (was hospitalized with it once), it's gotten better over the years but I still an inhaler on occasion.

H-O-W-L

Could be lingering flu but it is more likely asthma if you're afflicted with it. Symptoms careen back and forth between severity for me and my entire family, who all have it. Lately I've had to use my puffer every other day due to the lingering damp season we've had going on daahn sahhf, but last year I only had to use it like once every few months.

For me it really is a full-on choking sensation, like, I can cough and I can wheeze enough air to survive, but it's basically can-kicking until I can have a puff. I was hospitalized twice with near-fatal pneumonia when I was younger too, so I'm very vulnerable to respiratory dings. Any damp, any particulates in the air, vape smoke, air fresheners, strong bleach fumes -- wheeze I go.

Have met some cunts who don't have asthma who seem to think they're an authority on it though. "broaaghgh you'll be alright in a bit!".  One time a manager at my former job told me that I had to wait before going to get my inhaler. Told him then and there "Nope." and abandoned my work and walked off to get it. Apparently another manager (also asthmatic) gave him a right drubbing for it too. He was made redundant a few months later anyway.

izadoru

@thomas would be cheaper for you to get inhaler from united pharmacies on line. No prescription required. I use them as I have no doctor.

Yussef Dent

For years every time I went in for my asthma review the nurses were always a bit baffled as to why it never seemed to get any better, and why I used my Ventolin inhaler loads more than I should have been, three or four times a day despite using Becotide (brown inhaler) as a preventer in the morning and before bed. Then one time about four years ago they said "we'll put you on Sirdupla (also known as Salmeterol or Seretide, a kid of pink/purple colour one) and see if that does anything." It totally brought it under control, as a result I hardly use Ventolin at all now, mainly just when I have been playing football. I'd highly recommend to anyone being diagnosed with asthma to ask for that inhaler.