Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:21:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cage

Started by bgmnts, December 09, 2019, 02:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

I fucking love Nicolas Cage, he is one of my heroes and favourite actors. However, due to a combination of being incredibly generous and turning spunking away income into an art form, he now releases about 15 pieces of shit films a year.

When do you think Cage will be free of this debt and how many more bad films will he make?

What is your favourite nouveau-Cage shit film? 

Icehaven

I've twice got about 20 minutes into Left Behind before thinking 'Nah.' I'll probably get through it one day but it'll take some doing. Does Knowing count? I actually don't think it's that bad, although it's one of those mystery/sci-fis that has a nice 'what's-going-on?' build up that's then spoilt by a disappointing reveal and the last act of the film.

Attila

Nicholas Cage is our go-to for Friday night movie-watching when we haven't got anything else planned. Cannot go wrong.

Left Behind is hilarious.

Cannot wait for Colour out of Space to hit Netflix or Amazon.

Cuellar

Watched Mom and Dad the other week. Really prime Cage-going-mental fodder. Smashing up a pool table with a sledgehammer, gasing his own kids, brilliant.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Attila on December 10, 2019, 07:44:33 PM
Nicholas Cage is our go-to for Friday night movie-watching when we haven't got anything else planned. Cannot go wrong.

Left Behind is hilarious.

Cannot wait for Colour out of Space to hit Netflix or Amazon.

He's in that? If its the same style as Mandy then im in

Dex Sawash

The one with Téa Leone is ok

Attila

Quote from: BlodwynPig on December 10, 2019, 09:23:21 PM
He's in that? If its the same style as Mandy then im in

Yep.

Colour out of Space is one of my favourite stories (first read in the middle of the night on an isolated farm in the middle of nowhere, Virginia, years back...the only sounds were far-off train whistles and rustling wind in the trees. Brilliant).

I saw it was being made into a film, and thought, 'Yeah, no way, it won't be any good holy cow Nicholas Cage is in it yep, front row, I'm there.

I don't care how awful it is with the presence of Cage.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfYAXMwCpk0

It also stars Tommy Chong.

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: icehaven on December 09, 2019, 09:33:52 AM
Does Knowing count? I actually don't think it's that bad, although it's one of those mystery/sci-fis that has a nice 'what's-going-on?' build up that's then spoilt by a disappointing reveal and the last act of the film.

Roger Ebert named Knowing as his favourite film of the year.

Icehaven

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on December 12, 2019, 03:20:54 PM
Roger Ebert named Knowing as his favourite film of the year.

Fair doos, given the competition was only Moon, Inglourious Basterds, A Serious Man, The Dark Knight, Gomorrah, Avatar, A Single Man, Anvil!, Star Trek, The Hurt Locker and about a million other films.

kaprisky

Color Out of Space was sold out for its two London Film Festival screenings before it even got to booking for the general public. Then they added an extra screening and that sold out too. Richard Stanley's first narrative feature since Dust Devil, with Cage and Joely Richardson, it's bound to get a general release at some point.

His "Hi girls, I'm a police officer" line in the Wicker Man remake is the best thing in it.

Dying of the Light is going to be on London Live over Christmas too.

Icehaven

Watching Left Behind now. Much anticipation.

Icehaven

Quote from: icehaven on December 13, 2019, 10:46:26 PM
Watching Left Behind now. Much anticipation.

Fell asleep 10 minutes in.

Dex Sawash

Should try the Kirk Cameron ones

SteK

The 'National Treasure' films were good yarns...

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The Wicker Man is far better if you think of it as a black comedy about a mentally ill man who has some sort of breakdown and goes off to a remote island to punch women.

alan nagsworth

My partner's sister and her husband are currently watching every Cage film in chronological order. I think they just passed Vampire's Kiss. I'm wondering how long it'll be until they give up, when they start hitting the exponentially steep hill of the last decade or two.

George White

Quote from: Attila on December 12, 2019, 03:01:47 PM
Yep.

Colour out of Space is one of my favourite stories (first read in the middle of the night on an isolated farm in the middle of nowhere, Virginia, years back...the only sounds were far-off train whistles and rustling wind in the trees. Brilliant).

I saw it was being made into a film, and thought, 'Yeah, no way, it won't be any good holy cow Nicholas Cage is in it yep, front row, I'm there.

I don't care how awful it is with the presence of Cage.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfYAXMwCpk0

It also stars Tommy Chong.
Saw it at the Dublin Horrorthon.
Utterly insane.
"Alpacas!".

Attila

Quote from: George White on December 28, 2019, 12:26:52 PM
Saw it at the Dublin Horrorthon.
Utterly insane.
"Alpacas!".

Brilliant!

I love Cage's IMDB page -- give the guy his due, he makes like 15 films a year. At this rate he'll be giving David Warner and Donald Pleasance a run for the money of 'Never turn down any script.'

How much money does Cage owe in alimony/debts/whatever, I wonder?

bgmnts

Catching the tail end (heh) of Con Air on Channel 5+1.

Glorious.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Despite all my rage I am still just a Nicholas Cage.

beanheadmcginty

Those cunts at Cineworld aren't showing Colour Out of Space. Might cancel my unlimited card.

Ferris

I was having a sandwich on Adelaide St E circa 2014 when out of the window who do I see but Nic Cage (filming some utter dogshit)?

Helps that I've seen every Cage film from Fast Times at Ridgmont High to Knowing.

Favourites? Thanks for asking - Red Rock West and Vampire's Kiss for me. I also genuinely enjoy the National Treasure series and wish they'd make a few more of them.