Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:57:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

French swearing

Started by The Boston Crab, December 09, 2019, 06:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Whore of cunt of shit.

Over and over and over.

My old French exchange partner said I swore too much, maybe, but if I heard her say 'whore' once, I heard her say it thousands and thousands and thousands of times.

Something pretty fucked up about French (and throw in the Italians and Spanish) how so much of their swearing is based around whores and mothers.

A) Disrespectful of women.

B) Boring.

I guess it's some Christian/Catholic thing and the inherent misogyny in these cultures.

bgmnts

Also they say bitch a lot which ticks off A and B again.

DrGreggles

Le Diner des Cons - Cunts' Dinner

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd agree that English is far superior to swear in. Due to our linguistic heritage, we get the romance language swears, but we also get those wonderful Germanic ones too. Those lovely, harsh, gutteral sounding words like cunt and fuck that our European friends simply have no answer to. How does a Frenchman call somebody a fucking cunt? I bet it sounds rubbish, and as you've stated, it probably involves their mother in some capacity, or their mother's whoredom.
How's the Northern European swearing scene? I expect great things from Germany, Scandinavia, places like that, but I don't know any of their fucking swears.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Have the French become addicted to inane compound swears like 'cockwomble' and 'shitdesk' yet?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'm sure Buelligan can fill us in on the French swearing when she gets back to her converted well or whatever she lives in. Mon dieu

Gulftastic

AllisonSays

From what my partner (French) tells me, cunt in French is more like it is in Glasgow than it is in England. She employs 'tu est un gros con' or 'connard!' for relatively minor infractions and irritations. I agree that the plosive, germanic swearing possibilities make English more satisfying to swear in.

Buelligan

Con is cunt but like you say, it does depend where you're from and who you're talking to.  Here in the poor part of the South, con can be like mate, you can call someone a pauvre con with nothing but love in your heart and no offence will be given but try that on a Parisian or a church-going old lady and see what happens to your account.

I don't swear myself.

poodlefaker

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on December 09, 2019, 07:25:04 AM
I'd agree that English is far superior to swear in. Due to our linguistic heritage, we get the romance language swears,

Can't think of any swear words that have entered English from the romance languages off the top of my head.

FredNurke

'Piss' and 'bastard' are two that come to mind.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

There's also bellend, from the vulgar Latin bellendicus.

Norton Canes

SteK

What about the J'encule one?

chveik

Pink Gregory

The lack of plosives and glottal stops is compensated by the downturn of the lip and implied shiver of disgust - meeeeurrde

Blinder Data

idunnosomename

foreign people just say fuck like everyone else

Ian Drunken Smurf

There are theories about some languages being predominantly "faecal" in terms of swearing, while others are more "sexual". Then you get outliers like Finnish which is "devil-based"

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

What's English then? Genital?

Buelligan

idunnosomename

YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL

Cerys

Only on alternate Thursdays.

Buelligan

Also, what kind of Hell is it where cock-sucking takes place?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Depends entirely upon which cocks your mother is sucking in hell. If it's demon cock, it's probably covered in all sorts of protrusions and warts and stuff. It may even be on fire. Hellish.

It could even be Hitler's cock, or she might be chowing down on his ball.