Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Atroshit titles

Started by Scarlet Intangible, December 09, 2019, 11:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Frankissssssssssssssssssssstein by Jeanette Wintersunk

I'm imagining a tabloid newspaper/gossip mag picture caption; there is a new film out about Frankenstein and the main actor man is snapped on a beach kissing his boyfriend (OR partner), and underneath it says: Frankissstein.

Sadly I've heard it's part of a trilogy, with Frankinkstein set to come out in 2021 and Frankrikeywhatarewegettingourselvesintostein in 2024.

I'm act chew alley working on some projects mice elf and I'd like to share the titles here to jenna rate some hype:

Draculust
The Hunchback Of Notre Damsel In Distress
Van Helsingle Mum On A Mission

I hope you will all buy them when they come out.

Until then, lamb poon a book title you diss pies

Icehaven

Quote from: Scarlet Intangible on December 09, 2019, 11:03:06 AM

I'm act chew alley working on some projects mice elf and I'd like to share the titles here to jenna rate some hype:

Draculust
The Hunchback Of Notre Damsel In Distress
Van Helsingle Mum On A Mission

Please promote your saucy films elsewhere, thanks.

Mister Six

Doesn't really aid googling if you deliberately misspell the title and author both.

It's Frankissstein by Jeanette Winterson. Works a bit better on the cover:

Chriddof

I'm genuinely surprised to see this wasn't just a misposted thread intended for HS Art.

BlodwynPig

thenoise

Strange Case of Doctor Jeck - killed Anne, missed her thighs.

Sebastian Cobb

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl Who Played with Fire
The Girl Who Shoved Hornets Up Her Cunt

H-O-W-L

Reading about Frankisstein actually made me feel a little bug-eyed. I feel the original novel sold its point perfectly well. In fact I'm going to re-read it now.

popcorn

Bit bored of that "a love story" thing now.

Mister Six

Always found the "...a novel" thing in titles a bit pretentious. It's in the general fiction section, you plum. Of course it's a novel.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Mister Six on January 12, 2020, 04:13:28 PM
Always found the "...a novel" thing in titles a bit pretentious. It's in the general fiction section, you plum. Of course it's a novel.

1984 is to blame.

flotemysost

In the wake of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train there was a glut of domestic thrillers called things like GIRL GONE BAD, HIS FAVOURITE GIRL, THE NEXT GIRL etc.

Now that's been exhausted they're just called stuff like YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID or I KNOW WHAT YOU DID or SHE FORGOT WHAT SHE DID and so on.

There's probably a separate thread for awful autobiography/memoir titles, but Life and Laughing by Michael McIntyre. Mate.

Jerzy Bondov

The [Noun] of [Full Name]

Mister Six

Quote from: H-O-W-L on January 12, 2020, 04:40:18 PM
1984 is to blame.

Were they worried people would think it was a calendar?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: flotemysost on January 12, 2020, 11:07:35 PM
In the wake of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train there was a glut of domestic thrillers called things like GIRL GONE BAD, HIS FAVOURITE GIRL, THE NEXT GIRL etc.

Now that's been exhausted they're just called stuff like YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID or I KNOW WHAT YOU DID or SHE FORGOT WHAT SHE DID and so on.

There's probably a separate thread for awful autobiography/memoir titles, but Life and Laughing by Michael McIntyre. Mate.
Go into a WH Smith about three months after some book has become a hit - Da Vinci Code, 50 Shades, etc. - and you'll see hundreds of books with almost identical covers, titles, etc.

flotemysost

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 13, 2020, 02:38:58 PM
Go into a WH Smith about three months after some book has become a hit - Da Vinci Code, 50 Shades, etc. - and you'll see hundreds of books with almost identical covers, titles, etc.

Cheekiest example of this I've seen was a reissue of Dante's Inferno at the same time the eponymous Dan Brown came out, with near-identical cover design, colours etc. except the author name was in minuscule type obviously.

Anyway shit titles... Paul McCartney's recent foray into kid's books is called Hey Grandude!. Oh no he better GranDON'T

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Of (x) and [y], or worse: Of (x), [y] and [z]. Pretentious pricks.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Enjoyed this post

Alberon

shiftwork2

Ritchie to Rags by Shane Rags.