Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:48:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If You Walked Through A Time Vortex Thing And Was Transported Back To 2010...

Started by Dr Rock, December 10, 2019, 04:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Quote from: Pranet on December 10, 2019, 07:53:57 PM
I do sometimes think about that, how I would make money gambling if I went back in time. Presumably if you kept putting a million pounds on the cup final or whatever and kept winning then they would ban you. Or rather, how would you reach the position where could put a million pounds on the cup final, you'd need to do a lot of smaller bets first. I ponder this for a while and then I remember that it isn't a problem that I need to find a solution to.

Me too. I'd do an accumulator on 2015. Making a ton of money on the 2015 Challenge Cup final, then sticking a chunk of it on Leicester at 5000-1 odds to win the league the following year.

Dr Rock

Cor is money all that matters to you? I'd do something truly noble like warn Ched Evans not to climb through that window and rape that drunk girl.

imitationleather

Quote from: Gulftastic on December 10, 2019, 08:05:58 PM
Me too. I'd do an accumulator on 2015. Making a ton of money on the 2015 Challenge Cup final, then sticking a chunk of it on Leicester at 5000-1 odds to win the league the following year.

How much do you think you'd realistically be able to bet on Leicester winning the Premier League in 2016? I think if you put over a tenner on it you'd be investigated by the police.

Gulftastic

I'd lay the ground work by making other long shot bets I knew would fail of about £500 a time. Then, when I got my money on at 5000-1, I'd have a cool 2.5 million.

I may have thought about this too much.

Famous Mortimer

Billy

Seeing a big hole in the ground where the Shard should be, followed by a massive poster for Avatar, followed by the sound of "We No Speak Americano" blasting out of a shiny-new 10 reg, followed by the pounds being round and the notes being paper.

I'd then run through the streets screaming "DON'T DO IT! DON'T AGREE WITH NICK!!" blasting a vuvuzuela into the faces of confused locals.

idunnosomename

I log on to cab and emergency lalla ward 10 is posting

Edit fuck cunt stopped in 2008.

Get happy slapped by the crazy frog

easytarget

My daily routine of grabbing people by the lapels and demanding "What year is this? Who is the president?" means I'd solve this problem pretty quickly.

Danger Man

What if I went to 2029? I'd probably know immediately because everybody would be dead.

gib

Quote from: Danger Man on December 10, 2019, 11:15:45 PM
What if I went to 2029?

We'd all forget about you after a few days then we'd get to 2029 where you had been patiently waiting for 10 years pressing F5. There would be a joyful reunion and then we would all go back to moaning about the young people they have on the 2029 version of CaB.

Cerys

kittens

i think i would kill 90% of people on Earth in order to solve the problem of to many people on Earth.

Dr Rock

dissolute ocelot

2010=lack of vegan sausage rolls. Plus the message tattooed on my arm saying "Kill Nick Clegg".

Dr Rock

Dr Rock

kittens

fine. if that is what you want, doctor, i would kill everybody on earth using magic spells.

boki

Icehaven

I was going to say I'd immediately know if I was in Birmingham city centre because it wouldn't be a massive fucking building site but actually yes it would. It always has been and always will be.

thenoise

People's windows in our village would be full of lib dem signs instead of fucking Brexit signs. Are these the same people? Is this what 9 years of twitter and BBC bias does to you?!?

thenoise

Also: (checks CAB history): mook, Ronnie the Raincoat, Serge, Neil regularly posting about comedy, Saucer51, HappyTree, Small_world, Nelson Swillie, LfBarfe, Tiny Poster, Ginyard, rudi, ....

Autopsy Turvey

I've pondered before, out walking around where I live, that if I sauntered through a time portal to 1957 I probably wouldn't notice, except of course for the lack of UPVC windows, and elms.

garbed_attic

I'd probably just go to CeX and think I was in 2004 until I noticed some of the DVDs.