Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:37:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Resident Evil 3 remake then

Started by madhair60, December 10, 2019, 05:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

H-O-W-L

Glad to see the boob tube costume is back. I won't be playing the game without it.

popcorn

Couldn't even finish the trailer it was so dull but I enjoyed the RE2make so I'll do this I spose.

Where will it end? Will do they do Veronica? Will they do RE1 again? WHERE WILL IT END ?

Thursday

Resi 3 was all just one campaign wasn't it? So this'll probably be good as they won't do the thing that ruined Resi 2 of pretending to have four campaigns.

Bazooka

Quote from: Thursday on December 11, 2019, 08:28:30 PM
Resi 3 was all just one campaign wasn't it? So this'll probably be good as they won't do the thing that ruined Resi 2 of pretending to have four campaigns.

It's all about the chess piece puzzles.

bgmnts

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/12/19/resident-evil-3-makes-some-big-changes-to-the-original?amp=1

Unsure how I feel about there being lots of changes. 3 is understandably most people's favourite of the entire series, does much needs changing?

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on December 20, 2019, 07:20:36 PM
https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/12/19/resident-evil-3-makes-some-big-changes-to-the-original?amp=1

Unsure how I feel about there being lots of changes. 3 is understandably most people's favourite of the entire series, does much needs changing?

No. Any changes are doomed to fail.

Quote from: Thursday on December 11, 2019, 08:28:30 PM

There was the mercenaries storyline, no?

Jim Bob

Unsure how I feel about there being lots of changes.

It honestly doesn't sound any different to Capcom's approach with the Resident Evil 2 remake.  The title of that article is pure clickbait.

3 is understandably most people's favourite of the entire series...

What are you basing this statement upon?

Ferris

Quote from: Jim Bob on December 20, 2019, 07:32:54 PM

It's definitely my favourite, just ahead of 2, and I reckon that's a pretty representative mainstream RE opinion.

3, then 2, then 4.

(I'm not arguing with you across multiple threads on purpose, I swear!)

bgmnts

Almost everyone I have talked to about it saying it's their favourite.

Famous Mortimer

4 is my favourite, and (judging by the admittedly limited number of gaming sites I visit) is vastly more well-regarded than reading CaB would have you believe.

Ferris

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on December 20, 2019, 07:44:21 PM
4 is my favourite, and (judging by the admittedly limited number of gaming sites I visit) is vastly more well-regarded than reading CaB would have you believe.

I think it's widely regarded as one of the best, even on CaB no? It's up there with 2 & 3 anyway

bgmnts

4 is the best but 2 is my favourite, then 3.

Consignia

I thought 4 was universally thought of as the best? I wasn't sure this was largely disputed.

The feeling I get is the order of popularity of the pre-4 games is RE2, then RE3/CV/RE1HD (interchangeable really), then then RE0, then RE1. But that's just dipstick of opinion rather than any great survey.

Jim Bob

Outside of a poll, I don't know how to find out what most peoples favourite installment is.  Personally speaking, it's the first game for me, but I'm very much aware that's a minority opinion.  I would have thought that the majority considered 4 to be the best, with 2 being most peoples favourite installment from the 'classic' series.  This is the first I've heard of most people favouring 3.  Interesting.

Consignia

You can get a feeling though, can't you? Not that it's scientific or owt, and likely to be unrepresentative, but you can gauge opinion from experience.

Ferris

Yeah it's hardly objective really, but RE3 is the first one I really played the absolute shit out of so it's my fave.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I had the feeling that most people hadn't even played 3.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Consignia on December 20, 2019, 07:50:09 PM
I thought 4 was universally thought of as the best? I wasn't sure this was largely disputed.

The feeling I get is the order of popularity of the pre-4 games is RE2, then RE3/CV/RE1HD (interchangeable really), then then RE0, then RE1. But that's just dipstick of opinion rather than any great survey.
Perhaps I'm talking out of my arse. I always felt it got a bit of a kicking when brought up here, but I've been wrong quite a bit.

Thursday

4 can be divisive because some people prefer the classic style of Resi gameplay and think it was the start of the game going down the wrong path.

Which has truth to it, I think 4 is the best one, but that it also proved to be the wrong direction for Resident Evil... it's just that Resi 4 is so impeccably well-designed and achieves what it sets out to do so well it can be forgiven for that.

I'm also of the opinion that the first one is the best of the original games, I thought that was quite a common opinion.

Basically the Shinji Mikami one's are the best.

bgmnts

Quote from: Thursday on December 20, 2019, 10:07:04 PM
Which has truth to it, I think 4 is the best one, but that it also proved to be the wrong direction for Resident Evil.

Never understood this as Resi Evil 5 is one of the best co-op games ever made. 6 is gash but the Revelations games are good and obviously the RE2 remake is brilliant.

Mister Six

4 > 2 > 3 > CV > 0 > 1 > 5

Didn't bother with 6 and still haven't finished 7 so not including them.

Thursday

Quote from: bgmnts on December 21, 2019, 02:13:57 AM
Never understood this as Resi Evil 5 is one of the best co-op games ever made. 6 is gash but the Revelations games are good and obviously the RE2 remake is brilliant.

Because not everyone played it co-op.

Waking Life

2 > Re:Make > 3 > Zero.

Have played CV, 4 and 7 briefly. This is the first time I've seen 3 cited as the best too, which is surprising. Was it not rushed out? Had thought CV was meant to be the actual third installment.

When I break both my legs and have enforced time off work, I might catch up as I have other three I've mentioned in the library.

Bazooka

If you didn't have the item dropping and character swapping,RE:0 is fucking excellent, probably the best, built on the excellent game design of  the RE:Remake.

RE4 is not the best RE in terms of lore, but game design it's fluid to perfection. Resident Evil 2 claims it for me.

bgmnts

Quote from: Bazooka on December 21, 2019, 12:06:38 PM
If you didn't have the item dropping and character swapping,RE:0 is fucking excellent, probably the best, built on the excellent game design of  the RE:Remake.

Nah the enemy designs are fucking rancid as well.

H-O-W-L

It's always been my favourite classic RE. I've always felt RE2 is overrated and far too long.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: bgmnts on December 21, 2019, 02:13:57 AM
Never understood this as Resi Evil 5 is one of the best co-op games ever made.

Only if you play it while a bit pished or chonged with a mate. If you play it online with randos or, god forbid, solo, you will fucking despise it, and rightly so. It's a crock of shit.