Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I don't think The Sopranos is very good, does that make me a cunt?

Started by cliggg, December 10, 2019, 08:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gulftastic

Quote from: bgmnts on December 27, 2019, 09:36:43 PM
I really like the episodes with Drea de Matteo in her undies.

I'm rather fond of the ep where the hot tennis lady is perving on Adriana

kngen

Quote from: Gulftastic on December 28, 2019, 06:51:35 AM
I'm rather fond of the ep where the hot tennis lady is perving on Adriana

'How green is my fucking valley?!?!'

Also, Evidently Chickentown is a great episode. And I got a wee thrill when I heard the unexpected yet familiar tones of John Cooper-Clarke sign that one off, just like hearing Time Zone's World Destruction kick off season 4. Even though, back then, the internet was cracking its knuckles to warm up in its quest to make every and any piece of art ever created available to anyone, it still felt like David Chase was rifling through my record collection to provide me with a personal soundtrack for each episode.

And the title track of Material's Seven Souls. I started to think: 'Wait, am I selecting the music for this in my sleep?'

jobotic

Quote from: Bazooka on December 14, 2019, 07:08:01 PM
Big Pussy(character/not genitalia) on the boat episode secures its position as the greatest piece of television.

Been watching it from the beginning and that episode is just brillliant. Tony's fever dreams (and comedy farting) that precede Pussy's boat trip are awesome TV and Gandolfini deserved the award he got for that episode.

Cuellar

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 27, 2019, 10:04:51 PM
It may be cartoonish and slightly out of kilter compared to the rest of the show, but it's still fucking funny.
Most good comedies don't have a scene as funny as that.

I think my favourite Paulie moment is when he ends up at a seance, gets annoyed and throws a chair shouting 'FUCKING QUEERS'

Quote from: jobotic on January 27, 2020, 05:11:15 PM
Tony's fever dreams (and comedy farting) that precede Pussy's boat trip are awesome TV and Gandolfini deserved the award he got for that episode.

His ranting about getting the shits after eating chicken vindaloo: "Fucking goddess with the six arms, no wonder!"