Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

fundamentally

Started by pancreas, December 11, 2019, 04:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

To conclude then, Tory and Leave voters are thick racists but you can't say that.

Endicott

Oh come on. Not all off them.

Zetetic

The one in front of you always has some dreadfully interesting legitimate concerns, of course.

Buelligan

Nothing that a charming smile and a full moon cannot solve though.

Twit 2

At my daughter's school play earlier, spoke to one of my wife's friends who's the headteacher of a high school in a very deprived Norfolk town. She is a history teacher, degree in history. Genuine quote:

"I know about history and propaganda and when I strip all the propaganda away, I can't decide who to vote for." Said she didn't like Corbyn and didn't think there was any money to pay for things in the manifesto. I honestly nearly had a cardiac arrest. I am ashamed to say I went into a bit of (I hope polite and diplomatic) "rant" putting her straight (this was before the play started) in the hope that some other parents heard. Don't care if it made me an overbearing dick head, this election is way too important. But fuck me. The kids she teaches are some of the worst off in the country and she works her arse off to improve their lives. Degree in history. Can't decide who to vote for.

When we got home my wife texted her the school cuts page for her school plus all the latest good videos that have been in the election thread (Monbiot on Corbyn, Ken Loach thing, Cornyn Facebook compilation of Tory lies etc).

Never, ever underestimate the power of propaganda over people who should know better but don't.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Wipe the school off the map.

Ferris

Quote from: pancreas on December 11, 2019, 11:26:52 AM
You try knocking in Middlebrough South.

It's a certain nexus of ignorance, callousness, gullibility and weakness that is necessary to create a Tory voter there. You need all of these qualities; three out of four won't be enough.

'I am voting for Boris Johnson, because I want to GET BREXIT DONE.'

This actually works on some people. How can you not despise someone when they say something like that? It's not about the working class, not at all, it's about Tory voters.

They should just do what I tell them. Some of them will, fortunately. Not enough.

Fair play, panco bang on the money here.