Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:48:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

grabbing a handful of metros and shoving them in the bin

Started by PlanktonSideburns, December 11, 2019, 02:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

anyone else do this sometimes?

not claiming it has any moral function, just feels good sometimes.

how many Xunits of metro are you alowed to grab at one time?

who owns a metro, legally? once theyve dumped them into their little hamper thing at the train station

JesusAndYourBush

The Metro went downhill since they stopped including Nemi.

Icehaven

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on December 11, 2019, 02:11:19 PM

who owns a metro, legally? once theyve dumped them into their little hamper thing at the train station

They used to (and probably still do, I've not looked for ages) have a message on saying something like 'To avoid littering, please take your Metro with you.' but I don't think that's legally binding just because they've called it 'your Metro'. It's a Metro, it runs wild and free, you can try and trap it by starting the crossword but if you put it down to answer your phone and the bloke sitting across picks it up it's tough luck, forget it Jake, this is Metrotown.

TrenterPercenter

replaced a load of them on several buses other the day with lefty propaganda that looked like metros.

PlanktonSideburns

shiftwork2

They should turn each Metro into a hot bowl of delicious soup.  I'd pick one up on the way out of the station then.

PlanktonSideburns

Did this on the way in and out of the station today -  grabbed a handful of them and cuntwd them into the nearest recepticle.

Is this illegal?

Also is it immoral? Do street people grab me all in the night for warmth?

BlodwynPig

Its a stinking rag that started out as a decent comfort read in the early morning commute. It is equivalent to 80s red top now with added tits

JesusAndYourBush

Brundle-Fly

You can't do that. How will 'Cute girl with the red shoes on the 8:35 to Euston' hook up with 'that smiley guy in glasses with the vial of Rohypnol in his inside pocket'?

PlanktonSideburns

Flatulent Fox

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on December 11, 2019, 10:20:19 PM
im recycling, not in regs bin

Poor show.
                  Flush them down the toilet to reduce the carbon footprint.

Butchers Blind

Some mysterious person leaves a pile of them in the canteen every morning.  I like to write the word 'TWAT' on the forehead of pictures of people I despise in the paper.

PlanktonSideburns

Bazooka

If you put them in a bottle of Coca Cola you get one billion dollars from YouTube, what a waste.

garbed_attic

Has anyone here done this with the Daily Mail? I do sometimes fantasise about a coordinated campaign...

dissolute ocelot

I like to take the whole stack when I get on the bus and sit up the back writing "This is my Metro" on every page and then putting them back in the holder at the front.

The Bumlord

Oh, you're supposed to read them?

I thought they were some fancy floor covering for Thameslink train carriages.

dissolute ocelot

To be fair, if you leave one on the seat beside you on the bus, it makes it about 10% less likely that someone will try and sit beside you, without having to be be a bag-on-seat cunt. Plausible deniability is what it's all about, "Nah, not my paper, mate."

Replies From View

Everyone knows that a metro is a geordie train thing.  You don't get to rewrite reality just because you have heard of newspapers before.

It's not Newspapers-Upon-Tyne, cunt.

Flatulent Fox

Flatulent Fox

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on December 12, 2019, 04:31:30 PM
To be fair, if you leave one on the seat beside you on the bus, it makes it about 10% less likely that someone will try and sit beside you, without having to be be a bag-on-seat cunt. Plausible deniability is what it's all about, "Nah, not my paper, mate."
This could backfire if someone gets on an takes both the seat and the paper.
Then discusses it all with you while reading. "So and so is a bastard","I don't like her","I don't believe it!"

It's a good idea to take your own reading material to keep you amused,act as a prop to ignore everyone,or even attract the ladies...