Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:31:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Assimlating your kids into becoming pearly kings or queens and abandoning them

Started by Goldentony, December 11, 2019, 09:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldentony

Is this possible? At what age would I need to introduce my kids to Pearly Kings & Queens so that living every day as one becomes normal. I assume I'll have to move to Lambeth?

Alberon

Eighteen months at the latest. By three or four they should be able to survive alone on the streets.

idunnosomename

Um the pearly way is in the east end. So tower hamlets, stepney, or spitalfields at least

Goldentony

Quote from: idunnosomename on December 11, 2019, 09:36:12 PM
Um the pearly way is in the east end. So tower hamlets, stepney, or spitalfields at least

No sorry I have zero recolltion of any of these places and they seem like the sort ofplaces you could easily add YOU SLAG to the end of so were going to Lambeth

garbed_attic

This triggered a memory of a really adolescent brooding and mopey music video I made circa 2005 dressed us as a sad pearly king:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Qs8wvluJ0

Deyv

Quote from: gout_pony on December 12, 2019, 12:06:09 AM
This triggered a memory of a really adolescent brooding and mopey music video I made circa 2005 dressed us as a sad pearly king:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-Qs8wvluJ0

Mate, that's a great video!

I went out with a girl from Purley. Used to go to the cinema along the Purley Way. That's the closest I've come to a queen.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Goldentony on December 11, 2019, 09:14:22 PM
Is this possible? At what age would I need to introduce my kids to Pearly Kings & Queens so that living every day as one becomes normal. I assume I'll have to move to Lambeth?

I was in London last weekend and didn't see a single pearly king or queen. I didn't expect to see them everywhere like you used to but still thought I'd see the odd one or two, Lambeth Walking and whatnot.

Neville Chamberlain

I remember seeing a Pearly King in a pub in East Ham, back in the late 90s it must have been. He was all on his own, smoking his face off, completely out of his tree and is probably dead now. :-(

imitationleather

The Pearly King and Queen population has really reduced since the Mayor banned tourists from feeding them.