Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nature you've done it again.

Started by bgmnts, December 12, 2019, 02:39:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Okay so this is the Suriname Sea Toad and its insistent on being as insane as possible.

So the mummy and daddy toad do a fuck dance and then the daddy toad puts the jizzy eggs in her back, where they form into fully grown Toadlets and pop about of her back, in a very satisfying way to my fellow trypophiles here.

Here is the video evidence: https://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/00000144-0a32-d3cb-a96c-7b3f4a2d0000

Why is nature so intent on spitting out these glorious abominations? Why isn't evolution okay with humans, cats and dogs and shit and maybe a duck or a rhino? It's unsettling.

Cerys

Oddly reminiscent of how Young Conservatives are born.

The description makes me think of the bit in gremlins which makes me want to turn inside out and die

Ray Travez

There's some kind of parasitic wasp that lays its eggs in the brain of another creature. The eggs hatch and turn into larvae, and then the larvae start to mind control the creature as they eat its brain. It becomes a kind of zombie host for the hungry maggots. I'd google it to get the name of the animal whose brain the parasites inhabit but I'd rather not recall any more about it to be honest.

If I had a gun I'd shoot myself in the head

Dewt

Cannot believe that fucking voiceover.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Ray Travez on December 12, 2019, 05:39:16 AM
There's some kind of parasitic wasp that lays its eggs in the brain of another creature. The eggs hatch and turn into larvae, and then the larvae start to mind control the creature as they eat its brain. It becomes a kind of zombie host for the hungry maggots. I'd google it to get the name of the animal whose brain the parasites inhabit but I'd rather not recall any more about it to be honest.

Ow, get off. Doesn't look much like a wasp does it, but there it is.

BlodwynPig

Not your british wasp no, but there are a great variety of wasps, only 80% of whom will brain fuck you

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Urgh, why do wasps have to be such little arseholes?

dissolute ocelot

They only want to be bees, but the Tories won't let them!

Yussef Dent

Is it the Jewel Wasp? That one does it to cockroaches, it's truly one of the most unpleasant things in nature.

Another bloody HORRIFIC thing in the natural world is how Bed Bugs copulate, I'll apologise in advance as it's deeply unpleasant. Despite the female having normal functioning genitalia, the male bed bug pierces her body wall and inseminates into her blood with his penis which is like a hypodermic needle. This is known as "traumatic insemination" and females subjected to this die sooner or significantly lose mobility. This continues to baffle animal scientists as the females continue to fail to resist mating, and why do they continue to have normal working reproductive tracts? Also, as Bed Bugs are really unsanitary creatures, the dirty male also infects the female with pathogenic bacteria, which is fought off by cells produced by a very unique immune organ, so at least there's that. Evolution's massively f***ed up down the line at some point there.

Dex Sawash

checkoutgirl

Is that the one that makes the host not run away when it's natural predator is around so it gets eaten? Thus continuing the cycle or something?

Who needs HR Giger? That toad thing is freaky. Some people have an irrational fear of collections of holes. Imagine showing that to them.

Cerys

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Yussef Dent on December 12, 2019, 12:43:33 PM
Is it the Jewel Wasp? That one does it to cockroaches, it's truly one of the most unpleasant things in nature.

Another bloody HORRIFIC thing in the natural world is how Bed Bugs copulate, I'll apologise in advance as it's deeply unpleasant. Despite the female having normal functioning genitalia, the male bed bug pierces her body wall and inseminates into her blood with his penis which is like a hypodermic needle. This is known as "traumatic insemination" and females subjected to this die sooner or significantly lose mobility. This continues to baffle animal scientists as the females continue to fail to resist mating, and why do they continue to have normal working reproductive tracts? Also, as Bed Bugs are really unsanitary creatures, the dirty male also infects the female with pathogenic bacteria, which is fought off by cells produced by a very unique immune organ, so at least there's that. Evolution's massively f***ed up down the line at some point there.

Decades of biting the vilest forms of humanity is bound to have consequences. Horizontal gene transfer from subhuman to bug.

Cuellar

Hate all these things, can't wait for climate change to ruin all natural life on this planet.

Nature is disgusting.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Yussef Dent on December 12, 2019, 12:43:33 PM

Yeah, that's the barstard.