Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:03:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT THREAD A MILLION

Started by idunnosomename, December 14, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Fambo Number Mive

The Telegraph, which has blood on its hands over its coronavirus coverage, wanting to have its Brexit cake and eat it:

"New rules will limit the amount of time Britons can spend in their foreign boltholes".

The Telegraph doesn't want freedom of movement aside from the upper middle class second home owning Telegraph readers. Weird how the paper gives so much coverage to the coronavirus death cult (such as Bob the cartoonist) when what they want would kill off lots of Telegraph readers (who tend to be elderly).

Fr.Bigley

Lol.

The cunts: "We demand access to our second homes"

Normal people"We would appreciate an actual home, anything would do"

The cunts: "Well move somewhere cheaper"

Normal people: "You mean like spain?"

The cunts: "Yeah"

Normal people: "We can't, you voted leave"

The cunts: "This isn't what we vot...

Normal people: "Lol Margaret"

JamesTC

Not spending three months at their holiday home is THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

Anybody angry at it is a TRAITOR.

falafel

Particularly ridiculous because this has transparently been the case since the vote itself, these are the basic Schengen visa rules and of course nothing has changed. Anyone with a second home who has only just discovered this should have it confiscated and donated to a French farmer on grounds of diminished capability.

frajer

Brexiteers genuinely flabbergasted to discover they haven't voted to restore the British Empire to exactly as it was during the Imperial Century.

Paul Calf

To be fair, people with holiday homes in Spain and France probably didn't vote leave, on average.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 30, 2020, 03:35:54 PM
To be fair, people with holiday homes in Spain and France probably didn't vote leave, on average.
They were duped into that timeshare, therefore duped into voting leave.

Quote from: JamesTC on November 30, 2020, 02:20:53 PM
Anybody angry at it is a TRAITOR.

Don't think you should use this kind of language, even if it is a joke.

EDIT: Sorry, my bad, thought it said TRACTOR.

falafel

Indeed, there is probably a shred of truth in the articles: the only thing they are getting wrong is who the expats are actually furious with.

Non Stop Dancer

Oh I wouldn't count on that. I'll bet it's 50/50 at best.

sirhenry

From BBC News site (https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55157177)

QuoteThe Dutch government is using a Brexit muppet to highlight the changes to cross-border trade from 1 January

The Dutch generally speak good enough English to know what 'muppet' means, right?