Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:21:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT THREAD A MILLION

Started by idunnosomename, December 14, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

idunnosomename

lmao

remember when corbyn no oh well

Johnny Yesno

Johnny Yesno

QuoteLilico's Guardian profile, describes him as:

"One of Europe's top experts on the economic impact of financial regulation, he led the teams doing the European Parliament's assessment of the impact of the Financial Services Action Plan, the European Commission's assessment of the costs of complying with financial regulation, and the FSA's assessment of the benefits of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive. He is a member of the IEA/Sunday Times Shadow Monetary Policy Committee and a regular commentator on economic issues on BBC television and radio, and on Sky, Bloomberg and CNBC Europe."[2]

idunnosomename

all the brexit grifters have a trail of shit hanging out their prolapsed arses but no one cares because CORBYN WAS A BREXITEER

phantom_power

It's ridiculous isn't it. The person who seemed to understand that people who voted for Brexit shouldn't simply be ignored as it would make the divisions worse, wanted to try and work towards a Brexit that was actually going to be beneficial to people or go back to the country to show how this could not happen, and then held his party together to try to stop the shitty May and Johnson deals, is the one who some people blame for the whole shit show

Buelligan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 04, 2020, 04:02:39 PM
A whole 6 (or 11 depending on who you believe) people turned out to celebrate in Swindon: https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18205996.brexit-victory-parade-swindon-yellow-vests/

Dear god, they think they've won something.  Look at it.

Cuellar

Beautiful photo. The 'CLOSING DOWN SALE' signs in the background, lovely touch.

Cuellar

'Victory parade' like it was a genuine war or something. Why is everything a battle with these pricks. Cosplay cunts.

Buelligan

Absolutely, but I'm not sure they're cunts, I think they're just naive, easily led, a bit lost.  I feel sorry for them.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Buelligan on February 05, 2020, 10:33:07 AM
Absolutely, but I'm not sure they're cunts, I think they're just naive, easily led, a bit lost.  I feel sorry for them.
At some point ignorance becomes indistinguishable from cuntishness.

Paul Calf

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Cuellar on February 05, 2020, 10:29:20 AM
Beautiful photo. The 'CLOSING DOWN SALE' signs in the background, lovely touch.

They were probably delighted as the store has a French name.

Paul Calf

In about 2004, I was trapped in an O'Neil's on St. George's Day by a load of rock-throwing knuckledraggers chanting 'no surrender to the IRA'. When the police arrived, we shook ourselves down and went home.

These fucking meathead pricks are part of the establishment now.

NoSleep

I think we'll see them coming before they see us. The best minds of their generation.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 05, 2020, 11:31:46 AM

Replaced by a Happy Shopper 2020 now

Paul Calf

Quote from: NoSleep on February 05, 2020, 12:03:50 PM
I think we'll see them coming before they see us. The best minds of their generation.

It's not them we need to be watching

katzenjammer

Quote from: Buelligan on February 05, 2020, 10:28:43 AM
Dear god, they think they've won something.  Look at it.

Britain's potential, unleashed

NoSleep

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 05, 2020, 11:31:46 AM

Which means "cheap", as everything is going up in price thanks to Brexit.

Norton Canes

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA bomb found in County Armagh may have been intended for a Brexit day attack, police believe.

The device was uncovered attached to a lorry on Monday.

Police said they first received a report about an explosive device in a lorry at Belfast docks on 31 January - the date the UK left the EU.

The report claimed that the lorry was due to travel by ferry to Scotland and a search was conducted but nothing was found.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51401435

Very scary. The current government clearly know nothing about Northern Ireland and it's very concerning that there could be an rise in sectarian violence.

Paul Calf

Christmas isn't the same without the traditional mainland bombing campaign.

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 06, 2020, 01:59:36 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51401435

Very scary. The current government clearly know nothing about Northern Ireland and it's very concerning that there could be an rise in sectarian violence.

It knows plenty. It also knows that divide and rule is the only way that they stay in power and what better way to achieve that in NI than by restarting the troubles?

Buelligan

I agree.  A government that doesn't really know what it's doing and isn't really interested in people, flourishes best and is most popular in a conflict situation.  Repressive behaviour, us and them, a little bit of hate in every life, what made Churchill great essentially.

Endicott

My half Dutch pal posted this article to me from 2017. I found it amusing and accurate reading.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/how-i-learnt-to-loathe-england

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/02/06/three-million-eu-citizens-apply-remain-uk-just-six-rejected/

QuoteOnly six EU nationals have had their bids to settle in the UK rejected, while applications to remain in the UK have passed three million, internal figures show.

More than 2.7 million of the applicants have been granted permission to remain. The six rejected were on the grounds of "serious criminality", where applicants are assessed to represent a "genuine, present and sufficiently serious threat."

Quote from: Endicott on February 07, 2020, 06:55:22 PM
My half Dutch pal posted this article to me from 2017. I found it amusing and accurate reading.

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/how-i-learnt-to-loathe-england

QuoteI've seen a good deal in England which suggested that, just maybe, not all was well with the collective psyche—the in-your-face binge drinking, the bookies stoking gambling addiction on every high street

As opposed to Amsterdam, where......