Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT THREAD A MILLION

Started by idunnosomename, December 14, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on February 08, 2020, 10:17:27 AM
Good riddance!

If you look closely you can see a younger Paulie Walnuts mumbling the words in a doorway before scarpering with tears in his eyes.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Buelligan on February 08, 2020, 10:17:27 AM
Good riddance!

I know a few Amsterdam local politicians and believe me, they're really glad to be rid of us.

buttgammon

I absolutely adore Amsterdam - the worst thing about it is all the British stag party fuckwits who can't handle their weed.

DeadJefferson

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 08, 2020, 01:21:48 PM
what a stupid wanker you are.

coming from you, that's a beautiful compliment. 

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Quote from: DeadJefferson on February 08, 2020, 01:16:12 PM
what a lovely example of harmony between French emergency services workers.

I think you're missing the point.  The clip I posted was a film of English football supporters behaving like barbaric cunts in Amsterdam for no other reason than that they wanted to.

Your video shows firefighters, firefighters, protesting over low pay and dangerous conditions and being pushed into line by the (capitalist) State.

To be clear, I'm not denying that neocaptialists oppress the workers when it suits them, I know they do.  I'm saying Europe is glad to see the back of English hooligans, may they never get visas again.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on February 08, 2020, 01:52:08 PM
I think you're missing the point.  The clip I posted was a film of English football supporters behaving like barbaric cunts in Amsterdam for no other reason than that they wanted to.

Your video shows firefighters, firefighters, protesting over low pay and dangerous conditions and being pushed into line by the (capitalist) State.

To be clear, I'm not denying that neocaptialists oppress the workers when it suits them, I know they do.  I'm saying Europe is glad to see the back of English hooligans, may they never get visas again.

He knows this

Buelligan

I'm not sure he does, it's a bit like the Walnuts stupidity, your team done this so blah.  I don't think there's a lot of thought going in to it.

Sebastian Cobb

Buelligan

The idea that a man who is Dutch cannot hold an opinion on the way people in Britain are encouraged to binge drink and gamble because Zwarte Piet is not only racist in itself but also simplistic to the point of imbecility.

DeadJefferson

Quote from: Buelligan on February 08, 2020, 01:52:08 PM

The French state is neocapitalist?

Quote from: BuelliganI'm saying Europe is glad to see the back of English hooligans, may they never get visas again.

Quite right. There are enough violent thugs in Europe already.

Buelligan

Quote from: DeadJefferson on February 08, 2020, 02:12:54 PM
The French state is neocapitalist?

Quite right. There are enough violent thugs in Europe already.

Yes, we know our societies are plagued by violent right-wing thugs, we want rid and we'd rather you kept yours on your little island.  It's one of the few benefits of Brexit, for us if not you.

jobotic

I love how Dead Jefferson only posts when Paulie has just made a dick of himself, only to make an even bigger dick of himself. Coincidence I'm sure. I probably just can't accept that more than one person has a different opinion to mine.

idunnosomename

I am paulie walnuts. i make of all of his hilarious posts, because i am a mischievous imp. haha dance my puppets

Johnny Yesno

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/EU-EEA--Swiss-Students/Brexit-immigration-fees-and-student-support-for-when-you-arrive/For-students-intending-to-study-in-the-UK-in-2021-22

For students intending to study in the UK in 2021-22
Last modified: 09 September 2019

The following information is for students coming in the academic year 2021-2022 (usually September/ October 2021 to June/July 2022).

Government Student Support and 'home' fee status eligibility

There have been no decisions on fee status or student support for those commencing study in 2021/22, following the UK's full withdrawal from the EU. However, those who have commenced study prior to 2021/22 have been provided for (see above).

Immigration

There will be a new immigration system (expected to be in place from 1 January 2021). Anyone intending to come to the UK from January 2021 will need to apply under the relevant category of the immigration Rules in place at that time. We'll update this page as we get information.

I hear through work that the visa needed is likely to be Tier 4 - currently £348, with the threat of deportation for non-compliance. Yet more expensive red tape brought to you by people who claim to hate red tape. What could possibly go wrong?

Johnny Yesno

On the other hand: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/uk-announces-2-year-post-study-work-visa-for-international-students

I also hear that there are likely to be few restrictions with this visa and therefore not much in the way of compliance checking to be done. If this, in conjunction with my previous post, means what I suspect it means, Brexiteers are going to be furious. Remember, we're going to be binning those pesky EU employment rights that stopped us from being competitive with countries that don't have them.

NoSleep

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/06/key-mep-group-to-demand-level-playing-field-with-uk-in-return-for-free-trade

Interesting move; treating us like some little tinpot run-by-scumbags nation looking for some scraps from the EU table.

Fambo Number Mive

Take back control...but not of our ability to buy fruit and vegetables:

QuoteShoppers have been warned to expect price hikes and shortages of fresh fruit and vegetables, even if Boris Johnson succeeds in striking a post-Brexit trade deal with the EU.

The British Retail Consortium (BRC) hit out after the government admitted traders will face multiple border checks on almost all goods from January – even if a no-deal Brexit is avoided.

Andrew Opie, the BRC's director of food, said higher prices and some empty supermarket shelves were the inevitable consequences, without a dramatic upgrade of channel ports...

The prime minister has abandoned Theresa May's promise of frictionless trade in favour of a loose 'Canada-style' agreement with the EU, allowing the UK to break free of some of its rules.

"Boris Johnson's deal is very different," Raoul Ruparel, Mrs May's former Europe adviser, told Sky News.

"Boris Johnson's deal is closer to no trade agreement than to membership, whereas May's was closer to membership than no agreement...

In his speech on Monday, Mr Gove told businesses: "You have to accept we will need some friction. We will minimise it, but it is an inevitability of our departure."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-boris-johnson-food-price-fruit-vegetable-supermarket-shortage-a9328561.html

Quote"The free trade agreement that we will have to do with the European Union should be one of the easiest in human history"

Liam Fox, 20 July 2017

Johnny Yesno

Brexiteers to the back of the fruit and veg queues, please. It's what you wanted.

katzenjammer

There'll only be one or two there that got lost on the way to the Fray Bentos queue

NoSleep

Brexit sounds like some kind of gristly tinned meat product which I'm sure is all they'll be chomping down on in preference to fresh veg.

Dewt

idunnosomename

HAHA WHAT A MAROON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bgmnts