Author Topic: BREXIT THREAD A MILLION  (Read 19845 times)

Re: BREXIT THREAD A MILLION
« Reply #480 on: February 14, 2020, 06:44:01 PM »
Have they ever stood in the immigration queue at heathrow? Hour at least.

FerriswheelBueller

• Golden Todger or
  • Silver Member
  • ...and I really do mean that.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #481 on: February 14, 2020, 07:48:14 PM »

Yeah it is fucking shit.

We asked the guard to stamp Ferris Jr’s UK passport, “no mate, I don’t have any stamps, I work the baggage and been called up here at short notice, sorry!”

...Mrs Ferris didn’t get a stamp in her Canadian passport either so we are still unclear if we (inadvertently) did an immigration crime.

Paul Calf

• LOTION MAN
  • Golden Member
  • I’d rather see Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth
« Reply #482 on: February 14, 2020, 08:07:12 PM »
Did you get an exit stamp? Immigration staff generally don’t stamp you out unless they can find a visa and entry stamp. Rarely, they’ll ignore it, some will demand a bribe and some will throw you into a secret prison and torture you until you admit to being a secret Nazi/communist agent. Most will just keep you in a very dull holding room for the best part of a day while they straighten it out.

(I discovered this the hard way)

« Reply #483 on: February 15, 2020, 08:13:53 AM »

I have a British passport and just got back to the country yesterday morning after being away for a month. Landed at Heathrow. They've now merged all passport types into a single line. So British passport holders were lumped in with all the foreign filth. Took me an hour and a half to get through. Lines snaking back for miles, health and safety officers moving people off the stairs.

It was funny because there were loads of British people muttering and mumbling. I assume considering the timing they, like me, were experiencing post-Brexit passport control for the first time. Is this just temporary? Have they really not bothered to make a separate line for British passport holders?

« Reply #484 on: February 15, 2020, 08:59:16 AM »
Assuming its a pisstake...?
one wonders if it's really worth being a brexiteer account for like six months with under a 1000 followers just to deliver that viral coup de grace

FerriswheelBueller

• Golden Todger or
  • Silver Member
  • ...and I really do mean that.
    • I am antsy for baseball in the off-season.
« Reply #485 on: February 15, 2020, 01:29:46 PM »
Did you get an exit stamp? Immigration staff generally don’t stamp you out unless they can find a visa and entry stamp. Rarely, they’ll ignore it, some will demand a bribe and some will throw you into a secret prison and torture you until you admit to being a secret Nazi/communist agent. Most will just keep you in a very dull holding room for the best part of a day while they straighten it out.

(I discovered this the hard way)

No exit stamp, just checked. I think we got one over on Heathrow security

« Reply #486 on: February 16, 2020, 07:19:09 PM »

« Reply #487 on: Today at 07:17:32 AM »
Balls on the table boys, it's gunna get real

BlodwynPig

• I’m deffo a AI bot, but i don’t even know it
« Reply #488 on: Today at 07:20:32 AM »
Balls on the table boys, it's gunna get real

Looks it

« Reply #489 on: Today at 08:20:55 AM »
Hahaha thatd be so funny

That said i dont think most Brexiteers care very much about Phidias or classical sculpture in general

Also recall couple of years ago when the BM lent part of them to St Petersburg which really pissed Greece off

Tags: