Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:29:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT THREAD A MILLION

Started by idunnosomename, December 14, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Have they ever stood in the immigration queue at heathrow? Hour at least.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on February 14, 2020, 06:44:01 PM

Yeah it is fucking shit.

We asked the guard to stamp Ferris Jr's UK passport, "no mate, I don't have any stamps, I work the baggage and been called up here at short notice, sorry!"

...Mrs Ferris didn't get a stamp in her Canadian passport either so we are still unclear if we (inadvertently) did an immigration crime.

Paul Calf

Did you get an exit stamp? Immigration staff generally don't stamp you out unless they can find a visa and entry stamp. Rarely, they'll ignore it, some will demand a bribe and some will throw you into a secret prison and torture you until you admit to being a secret Nazi/communist agent. Most will just keep you in a very dull holding room for the best part of a day while they straighten it out.

(I discovered this the hard way)

popcorn

Quote from: bgmnts on February 14, 2020, 06:44:01 PM

I have a British passport and just got back to the country yesterday morning after being away for a month. Landed at Heathrow. They've now merged all passport types into a single line. So British passport holders were lumped in with all the foreign filth. Took me an hour and a half to get through. Lines snaking back for miles, health and safety officers moving people off the stairs.

It was funny because there were loads of British people muttering and mumbling. I assume considering the timing they, like me, were experiencing post-Brexit passport control for the first time. Is this just temporary? Have they really not bothered to make a separate line for British passport holders?

idunnosomename

Quote from: bgmnts on February 14, 2020, 06:22:20 PM
Assuming its a pisstake...?
one wonders if it's really worth being a brexiteer account for like six months with under a 1000 followers just to deliver that viral coup de grace

Ferris

Quote from: Paul Calf on February 14, 2020, 08:07:12 PM
Did you get an exit stamp? Immigration staff generally don't stamp you out unless they can find a visa and entry stamp. Rarely, they'll ignore it, some will demand a bribe and some will throw you into a secret prison and torture you until you admit to being a secret Nazi/communist agent. Most will just keep you in a very dull holding room for the best part of a day while they straighten it out.

(I discovered this the hard way)

No exit stamp, just checked. I think we got one over on Heathrow security

evilcommiedictator

Balls on the table boys, it's gunna get real

BlodwynPig

idunnosomename

Hahaha thatd be so funny

That said i dont think most Brexiteers care very much about Phidias or classical sculpture in general

Also recall couple of years ago when the BM lent part of them to St Petersburg which really pissed Greece off

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 19, 2020, 08:20:55 AM
Hahaha thatd be so funny

That said i dont think most Brexiteers care very much about Phidias or classical sculpture in general

Oh, they'll learn to sound like they care about it like they did with the fishing industry.

buttgammon

How dare they steal Are Brave British Marbles???!! What next, the Scotch trying to get them to take them back to Elgin?

idunnosomename

wouldnt it be ironic if the ultimate act of democracy lost us the prime surviving art objects of the city state that first practiced democracy

i was always generally against repatriating the parthenon sculptures because it's not like they're going back where they belong on the building, it's just to another museum and the Greeks will probably just get food on them or something

but now anything that embarrasses this shitty little country anymore globally is fine by me

olliebean

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 19, 2020, 02:25:48 PM
wouldnt it be ironic if the ultimate act of democracy lost us the prime surviving art objects of the city state that first practiced democracy

Be more ironic if it lost us democracy itself, like the Tories definitely want, wouldn't it?

Mr_Simnock

The elgin lot should have gone back to Greece decades ago, they were practically stolen in the first place by the british (see almost all UK non native historical treasures pre 1900).

imitationleather

Nevermind the Elgin marbles, when will the Inverness pogs be returning to Macedonia?

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on February 19, 2020, 05:26:30 PM
Nevermind the Elgin marbles, when will the Inverness pogs be returning to Macedonia?

Over my dead body that's fucking when pal

fucking state of this - any of you lot love trading blocs so much that you're going to apply for an associate EU membership that will never be allowed to happen?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 19, 2020, 05:28:03 PM
Over my dead body that's fucking when pal

Can we return Rangers and Celtic to Belfast and Dublin respectively?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: imitationleather on February 19, 2020, 05:26:30 PM

We have an area where I live called Elgin, but the natives choose to call it 'Eljin'. Does my nut in and I refuse to call it that despite the pitying/derisive looks I get.

I presume they pronounce marbles just the same but it's never come up in 16 years.

Ferris

Quote from: jamiefairlie on February 19, 2020, 09:03:06 PM
Can we return Rangers and Celtic to Belfast and Dublin respectively?

I've no opinion on that sort of thing, it's the pogs I'm after.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 19, 2020, 09:54:05 PM
I've no opinion on that sort of thing, it's the pogs I'm after.

It can be part of the trade deal. If it ends up being no-deal though, the Americans get to chlorinate all the pogs.

Ferris

As long as I get the pogs I do not care.

Blue Jam

What does Moai John have to say on the matter?

evilcommiedictator

Board of British Jews: We hate the old man
Board of British Jews: Being back the old man he probably wouldn't have stopped us underpaying poor people
Penis Fucknuts: Hurr Durr flag

BlodwynPig

Their uppityness knows no bounds

Cuellar

"We... is continuing to engage with the Home Office..."

Replies From View

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on February 19, 2020, 07:17:32 AM
Balls on the table boys, it's gunna get real

If "balls on the table" means "heads on their open necks" then I agree.  They can't go out looking like that.

NoSleep

I think I know where that piece on the floor is meant to fit.