Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:47:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT THREAD A MILLION

Started by idunnosomename, December 14, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olliebean

Quote from: Paul Calf on March 04, 2020, 11:39:25 AM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/royal-navy-uk-waters-fishing-brexit-vessels-protect-a9374496.html

It's fine though. Quickest trade deal in history.

Fucking idiotic cunts.

Yet more clear evidence that their intention is not to get a deal.

ToneLa

Brexit all you fucking well want, but I, personally, am not leaving the EU.

I've let them know; response forthcoming presumably. I intend to establish a valuable trading bloc. Will keep you apprised

ToneLa

Morning, Brexit thread.

Eating some Co-Op tomato & basil soup and it has a little notice:

"Made in UK using EU and non-EU tomatoes and EU basil".

... I like to imagine, somewhere, somebody is spitting out this soup in disgust at that (though as it's vegan, I doubt it)

Morning All

couldn't shut remainers up about Nissan at one point

QuoteNissan presses ahead with £400m Qashqai plan for Sunderland

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/mar/06/nissan-presses-ahead-with-400m-qashqai-plan-for-sunderland

Uncle TechTip

Took eighteen months to build

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe UK will leave the European aviation safety regulator after the Brexit transition period, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has confirmed.

He said UK membership of the European Aviation Safety Agency - responsible for certifying the airworthiness of planes - would end on 31 December.

He said the UK's Civil Aviation Authority would "bring expertise home".

But the owner of British Airways said the CAA lacked world-class knowledge and could not be ready in time...

ADS has estimated that it would take 10 years and cost up to £40m annually to create a UK safety authority with all the expertise of EASA, against a current contribution to the European agency of £1m to £4m a year.

It claimed a new regulatory regime could put jobs in the sector at risk.

"We have been clear that continued participation in EASA is the best option to maintain the competitiveness of our £36bn aerospace industry and our access to global export markets," the trade body said.

It added that the UK's influence within EASA "contributes to raising standards in global aviation" and helped make the industry "attractive to the investment it needs".

British Airways owner IAG said it was "disappointed" with the decision and said the Civil Aviation Authority "does not have the expertise required to operate as a world class safety and technical regulator".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51783580

In case this got missed among all the coronavirus new

Shoulders?-Stomach!

idunnosomename

Britain is the best at everything so thats great news imo

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ToneLa on March 04, 2020, 03:56:25 PM
Brexit all you fucking well want, but I, personally, am not leaving the EU.

I've let them know; response forthcoming presumably. I intend to establish a valuable trading bloc. Will keep you apprised

Ha, im doing the same. Wha? Visa? Fuck off, im with you lads all the way!

BlodwynPig

Pranet

Off for the time being at least apparently.

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1239949409439436808

Not exactly surprising but there are still some furious brexiteer replies. Suppose they are real people not bots. Yeah we've got to stop civilisation collapsing first, been to Morrisons lately?

phantom_power

Those replies are not doing anything to dispel the thick brexiter stereotype. "they can do video conferences, what's the problem?"

Cuellar

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about Brexit!

chveik

imitationleather

In a couple of months we're going to have to eat people who still care about Brexit.

idunnosomename

i love brexit but i couldnt eat a whole one

phantom_power

Of course this coronavirus is a classic remoaner plot to stall are glourious Brexit

jobotic

Timing and choreography?

There's an international crisis going on and people are dying? Coronavirus - heard of it?

Your gammon bullshit can wait.

Paul Calf

Odds for nationality of first knob-end to call it a 'left wing virus':

British: 2/1
American: 1/4
ROW: evens

jobotic

Close

Turfline/Trading
@Turfline
·
16h
Replying to
@Channel4News
Stats.

36,000 die from Flu per year
98 per day.

1million people die from Mosquito related bites per year.

Don't see C4 or MSM blasting this all over airwaves.

Only when it suits their Far-Left agenda.

C4 doing Project Fear on Chinese Virus or (Coronavirus).

BlodwynPig

RAGING

My wife got citizenship and her passport arrived a few days ago - Burgundy!!! I was hoping she would be one of the first blue passport holders, but no. BORING BURGUNDY

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 29, 2020, 12:54:56 PM
RAGING

My wife got citizenship and her passport arrived a few days ago - Burgundy!!! I was hoping she would be one of the first blue passport holders, but no. BORING BURGUNDY

Good news on the citizenship though!

Replies From View

It's not BORING BURGUNDY - it is a brand new shade of it called COVIDITY DRAPES.

They haven't officially announced it yet, but you wait until they do my friend.

You wait until they do.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on March 29, 2020, 01:41:37 PM
Good news on the citizenship though!

I think it made her more depressed

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on March 29, 2020, 03:39:42 PM
I think it made her more depressed

Probably the most British reaction possible, if that helps

ollyboro

Hold the fuck on. If the EU governs all of Europe.....and governments aren't sovereign......then.......(scratches head) ....how come individual governments within the EU are deciding for themselves what to do? And why's my Brexit government so piss poor?  Who knew?

Dropped to Page 3

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 20, 2019, 07:24:41 PM
Darren Grimes has won his appeal against the electoral commison fine

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 20, 2019, 08:29:31 PM
This is a lie: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/19/pro-brexit-activist-darren-grimes-wins-appeal-against-fine-electoral-spending

You're cementing your place in CaB history as its most mendacious poster of all time.

QuoteA pro-Brexit campaigner has blasted the Electoral Commission as an 'out of control quango,' after a fine he was given in 2018 was overturned and police ended its probe spending during the EU referendum campaign.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 20, 2019, 08:29:31 PM
And she's going to counter-sue: https://pressgazette.co.uk/carole-cadwalladr-will-defend-true-claims-about-brexiteer-aaron-banks-in-libel-battle/

Quotethe NCA found "no evidence" of criminal offences.

The NCA said it would take no further action against Leave.EU, its chief executive Liz Bilney or Mr Banks.

BlodwynPig

Zetetic

Looks like we've decided to tackle the evil EU's nefarious MEGATARIFFS ON THE POOR by copying - exactly - the EU's tariff preference scheme for less economically developed countries.

(Which is good, but boring and the undermines the Great British Coffee and Chocolate growers.)