Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:09:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT THREAD A MILLION

Started by idunnosomename, December 14, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
But it'll mean cheaper goods for UK consumers!

Like when Sunak dropped the VAT on ebooks and they, miraculously, remained at exactly the same price.

idunnosomename

well we have to help get bezos to trillionaire by christmas!

SpiderChrist

Quote from: SpiderChrist on May 19, 2020, 04:31:59 PM
I can smell your erection from here.

Keep it in the Celeb Reekers thread eh mate?

Zetetic

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on May 19, 2020, 02:19:08 PM
But it'll mean cheaper goods for UK consumers!
To be absolutely clear, the UK plan is to make no changes to its current tariffs with respect to LEDCs.

Paul Calf

Just over a week to go, but let's carry on getting stiff about Cummings.

Fambo Number Mive

A week until what sorry? Talks about a deal?

Paul Calf

Until we leave the EU with no withdrawal agreement in place.

LADS

you promised this wouldn't happen due to Brexit - I am disappoint

QuoteSunderland plant safe after Nissan closes Spanish factory

jobotic

60,000 dead libtards

Plenty more where that came from, dry your eyes!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Munira Wilson MP @munirawilson
Home Office has issued new changes making it harder for EU nationals to become British citizens. These changes seem to have been sneaked through the backdoor, with little engagement to ensure EU citizens are aware of them. I've written a letter to clarify these changes

3:42 PM · May 29, 2020

https://twitter.com/munirawilson/status/1266379290192404482

Fambo Number Mive

Nissan say Sunderland plant is "unsustainable" if there is a no deal brexit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52900528

Fambo Number Mive

I'd be very surprised if we leave with a deal, given the make up of the current government, the purge of the Remain Tory MPs and how people are not as focused on Brexit as they were pre covid.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on May 28, 2020, 04:58:58 PM
LADS

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 03, 2020, 08:45:57 AM
Nissan say Sunderland plant is "unsustainable" if there is a no deal brexit: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52900528

You hate to see it etc

Johnny Yesno

We are being fattened up for a one-way trade deal with Trump

QuoteThe latest move is the Agriculture Bill, which has passed all its stages in the House of Commons and is due for its second reading in the House of Lords on June 10, and which effectively removes both food standard safeguards and protections for British farmers.

Its significance lies, not in what it says, but in what it does not say. The most important farming legislation in generations, it was the opportunity to replace EU food safety standards and protections for rural industries with a home-grown version.

Neil Parish, Conservative MP for Tiverton and Honiton, tabled an amendment to protect UK farmers from low-standard food imports. It would have prevented future trade deals from allowing food into the UK which was not produced to the standards required of our own producers.

The government ensured its defeat by 328 to 277 votes. Parish could muster only 22 Conservative colleagues to vote for it. And only one brave Conservative MP – Helen Grant, MP for Maidstone and the Weald – voted against the unamended Bill. Conservatives with rural constituencies, who have previously expressed serious concerns about the Bill, fell into line.

A former Ulster Unionist MEP, Jim Nicholson, says it is potentially "the last nail in the coffin for agriculture in Northern Ireland" because "it opens the floodgates to cheap food imports into the UK from around the world. This food will not have been produced to the same standards achieved consistently by farmers in Northern Ireland."

This means, among other things, the famous chlorinated chicken. An RSPCA report explains: "The problem the EU has with chlorinated chicken is that antimicrobial treatments can be used to compensate for poor hygiene along the supply chain, particularly on farms for example. Ever since 1997, member states of the EU have refused to accept imports of chlorine-treated poultry and this has been a point of contention with the US. The EU maintains that chemical washes are a form of quick-fix covering up for lower treatment standards, including lower animal welfare standards."

US chickens are raised in such cramped conditions that the only way to stop them arriving on our dinner tables diseased is to dunk them in chlorine.

The government has pressed ahead despite opposition from all the food producers, including the British Poultry Council and even the National Farmers' Union, normally a loyal Tory ally. "The most significant deficiency with the Bill is the absence of any commitment or means of upholding British farming production standards in the context of international trade negotiations" an NFU statement says.

"The NFU believes that it would be futile to develop a comprehensive and ambitious domestic support policy, simply for UK farmers' efforts to be undermined through the importation of products not produced to the same level of environmental or animal health/welfare standards expected of them domestically."

TAKING BACK CONTROL

jobotic

Gove says he has told the EU formally that there will be no extension.

Who's ready to be destitute if they aren't already dead by January 1st?

Well done Paulie, you won. I hope Cummings smile makes your sacrifice worthwhile.

jobotic

Quote from: bgmnts on June 12, 2020, 01:14:29 PM
Sacrifice?

He's got to live in this shithole with only his gif of a baby crying and libtards tears to keep him warm. Unless he's already very wealthy of course.

jobotic

Yeah, well. Sorry, but i'm fucking sick with anger and despair.

Paul Calf

I truly hope the Lib Dems are never a serious electoral force ever again.

evilcommiedictator

Oh look, it's another rich leftist person with one of those names fleeing the UK after Brexit, goodbye loser!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-stanley-johnson-boris-french-passport-rachel-book-rakes-progress-a9416636.html
QuoteBoris Johnson's father is in the process of applying for a French passport to maintain his ties with Europe after Brexit.

Stanley Johnson, a former MEP who voted Remain in the referendum, has requested to become a French citizen as his mother Irene was born in Versailles.

The move was revealed by the prime minister's sister Rachel, an ardent Europhile, in her new book, Rake's Progress.

Ms Johnson said that her father is "en route to becoming a French citizen, as his mother had been born in Versailles and his grandmother had been in Paris".

She added: "This is good news — I might be able to become French too."

A source close to the family told The Sunday Times that Mr Johnson Sr has applied so that his grandchildren can live and work in the EU after Brexit.

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on June 03, 2020, 11:00:49 AM
You hate to see it etc

there isn't going to be no deal, by keeping it on the table and refusing an extension we've forced the EU to start negotiating in good faith

anyway

HAPPY BREXIT DAY!!!!

evilcommiedictator

It that Farage celebrating his two week quarantine and investigation on his US trip by having a party with 20 of his closest friends about to board a bus to get their eyesight checked?
Nige really is a man of the common folk
https://news.sky.com/story/nigel-farage-trip-to-attend-donald-trump-rally-investigated-by-homeland-security-committee-12012928

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on May 28, 2020, 04:58:58 PM
LADS

I know to folks like you this is all a hilarious game - trolling wrapped up in a Union flag.

But I know lads who work at the plant in Sunderland and they're worried about their futures - and pricks going on about 'OF COURSE THERE'S GOING TO BE A DEAL', whilst having no idea what any deal would contain (if one happens), is fucking criminal.  Nissan have made it pretty clear what will happen under 'no deal' - and given that the plant relies on 'just in time' supply chains, anything other than a comprehensive free trade deal (I.e. the exact conditions which presently exist) will see the end of the plant (as it literally won't be able to function).

It's people's livelihoods that are being put on the sacrificial altar here - and I'm yet to see a single benefit of leaving which will replace those job losses.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on June 24, 2020, 01:15:58 AM
It's people's livelihoods that are being put on the sacrificial altar here - and I'm yet to see a single benefit of leaving which will replace those job losses.

Well sneering at and intimidating foreigns is socially acceptable once more so there's that.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on June 23, 2020, 05:31:48 PM
there isn't going to be no deal, by keeping it on the table and refusing an extension we've forced the EU to start negotiating in good faith

Oh, poorly, you're in for big surprise.

The disaster capitalists in charge of your party care no more for you than they do for us lefties and no amount of forelock tugging will change that.

The tories plan to crash the UK out of the EU so they can scrap all those pesky workplace and environmental protections that limit our ability to compete with countries where those are less of a concern. I predict that there'll be a second wave of Covid-19 infections in September/October necessitating a second lockdown and a couple of months later, they'll be able to blame all the negative economic effects of a hard brexit on that. And you will believe them.

Of course, they'll be fine and it amazes me to see the still unshakeable faith of people like yourself as the hard right elite openly do as they please and set about creating their two tier system in which they will have their ability to travel around the EU sorted while they encourage you to fetishise your worthless blue identity booklet.

Paul Calf

Quote from: jamiefairlie on June 24, 2020, 02:58:34 AM
Well sneering at and intimidating foreigns is socially acceptable once more so there's that.

That'll be fine then. As the far right and their little Diddymen keep telling us, that's the only thing the working classes (who are all white, of course) care about and failure to recognise this is the only reason Labour lost in 2017 and 2019. Best order your wizard's robes quick smart before Krystallnacht 2.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: TheBrownBottle on June 24, 2020, 01:15:58 AM
I know to folks like you this is all a hilarious game - trolling wrapped up in a Union flag.

But I know lads who work at the plant in Sunderland and they're worried about their futures - and pricks going on about 'OF COURSE THERE'S GOING TO BE A DEAL', whilst having no idea what any deal would contain (if one happens), is fucking criminal.  Nissan have made it pretty clear what will happen under 'no deal' - and given that the plant relies on 'just in time' supply chains, anything other than a comprehensive free trade deal (I.e. the exact conditions which presently exist) will see the end of the plant (as it literally won't be able to function).

My brother-in-law works in the supply chain for Nissan. Haven't found out if he was involved in the latest emissions scandal at the plant, though. A criminal enterprise.