Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:45:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT THREAD A MILLION

Started by idunnosomename, December 14, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

GEOFFFFFFFRRRRREEEEEYYYY COXXXXXXXXXXXXX

ollyboro

Totally forgot about John Major's gait. He sort of puts his knees together and walks like he's scratching his testicles with his inner thighs. We've all walked funny after we've ( insert own Edwina Currie/Curry gag) - amirite Lads?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 13, 2020, 09:59:17 PM
What's going to stop them? London becomes Tel Aviv on Thames, a hostile client state enclave. Who's going to stop them?

Engage Pig-Calf-Donkey action plan immediately

jobotic

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: jobotic on September 13, 2020, 10:12:47 PM
Centrism will stop them.

"The Centre Party has successfully negotiated with the Tories. We're allowing them to break the law and potentially set precedent to do what the fuck they like from now until ever, and in return, they've pinky sweared not to round up their political opponents and have them killed. Reasonable, intellectual negotiation has triumphed once more."

sirhenry

Of course, with no hard border between North and South in Ireland, if this bill is invoked, there would be no customs checks between Northern Ireland and the mainland either.

UNLIMITED UNCONTROLLED IMMIGRATION!

That might just stop this bill...

Paul Calf

Quote from: sirhenry on September 14, 2020, 07:09:41 AM
Of course, with no hard border between North and South in Ireland, if this bill is invoked, there would be no customs checks between Northern Ireland and the mainland either.

I'm offering £100 at 5-1 against.

They knew this. Their sponsors knew this. They aren't against illegal immigration because it gives them a massive pool of vulnerable workers with no employment rights to use as a lever to exploit documented workers. They knew this and have a plan to deal with by involving their gutter press friends.

If the left make a big fuss about it, it plays into the hands of fascists.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 13, 2020, 09:59:17 PM
What's going to stop them? London becomes Tel Aviv on Thames, a hostile client state enclave. Who's going to stop them?

I seem to remember Blodwyn Pig is on it.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sirhenry on September 14, 2020, 07:09:41 AM

BUILD THE WALL

BlodwynPig

DrGreggles

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: steveh on September 09, 2020, 08:21:41 AM
That Festival of Brexit thing still hasn't died yet then. Still finding it hard to imagine who would choose to be involved in that.

The Festival of Brexit organiser Martin Green (who pushed the Queen out of a helicopter in 2012 and is responsible for Hull) is looking for applications for ideas to mark Brexit.

QuoteThe search is on to find 30 extraordinary creative teams who will each be funded up to £100,000 to develop a breath-taking idea for a major public engagement project as we work towards a contemporary festival celebrating the UK's creativity and innovation in 2022.

I'm thinking of submitting a plan to write the name of every true British person in lion shit on the side of Buckingham Palace, although if I can get some unicorn shit I may incorporate that too. Maybe I could genetically engineer a unicorn, and then collect its shit.

Also, it's apparently now called Festival UK * 2022 which is even shitter than you could possibly have dreamed.

imitationleather

I suggest we knock down The Shard and replace it with a similarly-sized bronze statue of Hans.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe UK's new trade deal with Japan commits it to tougher restrictions on state aid than the ones it is currently offering the EU in the Brexit talks, potentially undermining its negotiating position with Brussels.

In the bilateral UK-Japan agreement announced in principle on Friday, London and Tokyo have agreed to replicate the restrictions on subsidies in the EU-Japan deal that went into effect last year. That agreement prohibits the governments from indefinitely guaranteeing the debts of struggling companies or providing an open-ended bailout without a clear restructuring plan in place.

By contrast, the UK has repeatedly told the EU that it must have total freedom over state aid after the end of the Brexit transition period with complete autonomy over future subsidy decisions, subject to WTO rules.

The so-called level-playing-field issues have become the main sticking point in the EU-UK negotiations, with London resisting Brussels's demands for it to remain within the tough EU state aid regime.

Britain's proposal to the EU would merely require each side to notify the other of subsidies rather than restricting them. Its offer replicates the EU's commitments in earlier bilateral trade deals, such as the one with Canada that went into force in 2017...

https://www.ft.com/content/edb7d155-56b4-4065-9f83-31b2247fa178?segmentid=acee4131-99c2-09d3-a635-873e61754ec6&__twitter_impression=true

JaDanketies

Quote from: ollyboro on September 13, 2020, 10:09:14 PM
Totally forgot about John Major's gait. He sort of puts his knees together and walks like he's scratching his testicles with his inner thighs. We've all walked funny after we've ( insert own Edwina Currie/Curry gag) - amirite Lads?

I'd have an itchy scrote if I put my knob in a curry too

idunnosomename

Will be interesting to see what the Queen does this time. We all felt a bit let down by her Maj last year when she allowed the proroguing business, but perhaps she knows best, and is just playing a really long game. She will finally.

Stop Brexit.

You're toast, Johnson.

AllisonSays

It's all theatre, but I'm still enjoying watching Ed Miliband savage Johnson in the Commons here.

Fambo Number Mive

Ian Blackford very good as usual. Hard to say how much support there is for the bill on the Tory side.

imitationleather

I learned my lesson last autumn and am not watching Brexit debates anymore.

olliebean

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 14, 2020, 02:55:34 PM
Will be interesting to see what the Queen does this time. We all felt a bit let down by her Maj last year when she allowed the proroguing business, but perhaps she knows best, and is just playing a really long game. She will finally.

Stop Brexit.

You're toast, Johnson.

I don't think they need to ask the Queen about this, the way they did about the proroguing. So I imagine she'll stay well out of it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 14, 2020, 06:40:23 PM
Ian Blackford very good as usual. Hard to say how much support there is for the bill on the Tory side.

He and his party has for a while replaced the Lib Dems as the conscientious prodder and sniping person in the corner. If only they weren't disingenuous nationalist psychopaths.

Fambo Number Mive

Farage says he will stand a Brexit Party candidate against any Tory MP that does not vote for the Bill.

imitationleather

Paul Calf

Farage is a fucking Nazi prick who's failed to be elected to the Commons seven times. He should be whipped out of town.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: imitationleather on September 14, 2020, 08:19:29 PM
In 2024?

I presume at any by-elections that come up between now and then as well.

jobotic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 14, 2020, 08:17:52 PM
Farage says he will stand a Brexit Party candidate against any Tory MP that does not vote for the Bill.

Four years after we've left? Scary

Perhaps they'll have rebranded as the Drown The Migrants Party by then. But hopefully Farage will have carked it by then.

Fambo Number Mive

The liberals "all five former British Prime ministers are against it " line that Stephen Kinnock just mentioned doesn't really work, as the last five British Prime Ministers were rubbish (not so much Gordon Brown perhaps, but the other four were dreadful).

Particularly Blair and Major, people can just say "How dare the man who gave us Iraq/Maastrict/the worst Tory  seat loss since 1906 say that"

The bill is terrible and should be voted against, but who cares what Cameron, Blair and co think.

Fambo Number Mive

Bell Ribeiro-Addy making good points on how a No Deal would affect Britain.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 14, 2020, 08:36:01 PM
The bill is terrible and should be voted against, but who cares what Cameron, Blair and co think.

If anything, Blair's reverse-Midas touch is a liability.

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on September 14, 2020, 06:42:02 PM
I learned my lesson last autumn and am not watching Brexit debates anymore.
at least we had a chance of changing things then.

i wonder if jo or chuka watch them?