Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:39:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT THREAD A MILLION

Started by idunnosomename, December 14, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imitationleather

Quote from: Cardenio I on January 10, 2020, 02:18:02 PM
i wish i was dead

Ah. I saw that and thought "I wish they were dead."

Quote from: king_tubby on June 22, 2018, 08:03:02 PM
Airbus fucking off then.

wut

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51047264

QuoteThe chief executive of Airbus has said the future of its British wing plants is "secure" and there is "great potential to expand" post Brexit.

The aerospace giant had warned it could move wing-building out of the UK in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Airbus employs 13,500 people in the UK, including 6,000 at its site in Broughton, Flintshire.

On Wednesday, Guillaume Faury said the fact MPs had backed Boris Johnson's Brexit deal made things more "certain".

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on January 10, 2020, 07:06:28 PM
wut

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51047264
could move wing-building out of the UK in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Can you read Walnut

They'll say the same end of 2020 when no deal is back on the table unless Johnson asks for an extension

BlodwynPig

Not only can't he read, he cannot love, dream, think or jive

idunnosomename

his posts are poor

but they come apace

walnuts

is a fucking disgrace

imitationleather

katzenjammer

The Airbus bosses have obviously had BRINO confirmed to them behind closed doors

idunnosomename

Quote from: imitationleather on January 10, 2020, 09:54:57 PM
pizza bean
i want to make an avatar from that but it looks like it will take a modicum of effort

idunnosomename

More important politics

I hope the belfry floor collapses and the ring of bells falls on their fat warbastard heads

imitationleather

So many people in this country and completely and utterly crazy.

Johnny Yesno

So many people in this country are complete bells.

Fambo Number Mive

By the powers that be do they mean vicars? You can't just go into your local church and start ringing the bells.

The implication that leaving the EU is like defeating a fascist government that murdered millions is astonishing.

BlodwynPig

The powers that be are themselves surely?

If we dont like it, we'll do it anyway.

idunnosomename

Actually a lot of churches the bellropes are on the ground floor. You can just pull on the ropes and the bells will peal.  But you are pretty much broadcasting to the village you are being a dick. With taller towers there is a bellringing chamber under the belfry which of course is kept locked.

What you can use the bells to commemorate ought to go through the Parish Church Council (of which the priest in charge is a part). Democracy eh.

idunnosomename

And doing a proper peal of bells (bum ba bum bum bum ba bum bum) is not easy and you need to be a group who knows what the fuck youre doing

BlodwynPig

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 11, 2020, 08:16:18 PM
And doing a proper peal of bells (bum ba bum bum bum ba bum bum) is not easy and you need to be a group who knows what the fuck youre doing

What a perfect image for post-Brexit Britain. Discordant and aggressive bells ringing up and down the land

Hey, Punk!

I've had a complete rethink after this historic Tory victory. There are probably people who will disagree, but the fact that 50 of the 52 Labour seats we lost were leave seats shows that Brexit may have been the deciding factor, not in our loss, but in losing so thoroughly. I think that our smug attitude towards Brexit voters (that I partook in myself), has had disastrous consequences. Not talking about CaB here specifically, but middle-class lefty remainers in general.

I personally think that Brexit was a bit of nonsense because we live in a thoroughly neoliberal world and we'd just be transfering power from Brussels to Westminster, but I do think this was a revolt that we should have attempted to understand. A result of alienation is not necessarily knowing why you're in the position you are.

They should have respected the referendum results, otherwise they look like people who only support democracy when it works in their favour which, while true for pretty much everyone, isn't something you want people to know. At this point though, I honestly have no idea what to do, if Starmer of Phillips become leader of the Labour party I'm leaving it.

Hey, Punk!

Not middle-class myself (from Dudley ar yam), but I've definitely picked up a bit of that smug arsey left-lib mentality (which helps me get on swimmingly with my fellow students).

gib

BlodwynPig

gib

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 12, 2020, 09:49:11 PM
Anarchy is dead

Today i have mostly been singing that Crass song that begins 'if there was no government, wouldn't there be chaos' in the folk music style until it sounded very similar to 'ten green bottles'

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: gib on January 12, 2020, 08:22:25 PM
that was a good post that

Was it? I thought it was obvious to anyone who agreed with Corbyn's idea that it shouldn't be the 48% against the 52% but the 99% against the 1%.

PlanktonSideburns

idunnosomename

If you think fbpe people look pathetic now, wait till you see what happens to the Brexiteers

buttgammon

Quote from: idunnosomename on January 13, 2020, 09:21:16 AM
If you think fbpe people look pathetic now, wait till you see what happens to the Brexiteers

Fair point. They won't be around to see it though.

I'm looking forward to all my Farage loving relatives having a meltdown when they hear we're starting the actual negotiations with the EU and it stops them from celebrating Are Freedom from the Foreigners.

phantom_power

Not sure where to put this but #jamesobrianisawanker is trending on Twitter. I thought it would be from Labour supporters pissed off with his anti-Cobyn stance and general #FBPE twattiness but from what I can see it is a load of Brexiteer twats getting their knickers in a twist

idunnosomename

In lieu of any actual positive events, patriotic brits have resorted to gloating via abuse of formerly blazing remainers and plans to ring a lot of bells while bellowing about freedom from the kleptocratic eu

imitationleather

Absolutely nowt will happen when we leave at the end of the month and so we're going to be subjected to yet more gloating from twats who either are unaware or are purposefully ignoring that the actual shit isn't going down until next January.

Hey, Punk!

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 13, 2020, 08:25:50 AM
Was it? I thought it was obvious to anyone who agreed with Corbyn's idea that it shouldn't be the 48% against the 52% but the 99% against the 1%.

Of course, but respecting the referendum result was to me an essential part of any party that actually wanted to be elected. Losing seats that have been Labour for a century should be a real kick up the arse. Blaming the press can only go so far, as the anti-Corbyn rhetoric was just as fierce in 2017 and Labour gained seats.

The main difference was capitulating to the People's Vote nonsense. Remember that Corbyn and Denis Skinner have been fiercely anti-EU almost their entire political career.

Hey, Punk!

I'm convinced that Paulie is just a pseudonym of another (actually pro-Corbyn/Labour) poster here, who would actually spend so much time on this forum?