Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 11:53:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BREXIT THREAD A MILLION

Started by idunnosomename, December 14, 2019, 08:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: JamesTC on November 18, 2020, 04:26:16 PM
You underestimate the swivel eyes loonies who want this. They see "taking back control" as more important than concentrating on a global pandemic. They believe foreigners are more dangerous than Covid 19. Plus the Venn diagram of Brexiteers and Covid deniers is basically a circle.

How did they get to say what was best for Britain?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 18, 2020, 06:47:52 PM
That's true. I had imagined that we'd see an increase in health issues caused by a shortage of mainly fruit and vegetables, but I am starting to wonder if we'll need to start growing food in our back gardens due to a shortage of all types of food. All the gammons would love it if rationing came back in (Alcohol and cigarettes will not be rationed).

Back gardens, what strange new tragic is this?

idunnosomename

it will all be head remoaner/brexiteer crobbins fault

JamesTC

Quote from: Darles Chickens on November 18, 2020, 05:51:17 PM
I would've naturally expected that too, but there seems to be plenty of hardcore Brexiters who are also very vocal about respecting lockdowns and mask-wearing.  And not even just the fogeys whose lives rather more depend on it.

I guess loads have certain authoritarian tendencies. This enamours them to strictly obeying rules.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The desire for young people to suffer is probably the most perverse reaction of all of this, especially given that this desire stems from people who weren't actually alive (or at least were very very young children) during the 40s and 50s.

If this suffering is unavoidable because of political decisions my sincere desire is that they suffer every inch of what young people suffer with it, so they can look them in the eye and say they were right.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 10, 2020, 07:23:54 PM
Thanks for pointing out what the ocelot was clearly implying.

Seemed to imply that Bogg was accepting the risk for himself. He is not.

Ray Travez

at what point should I go full-on prepper?

evilcommiedictator

Just don't sweat the small stuff, like eating raw onions, you peasants

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on November 18, 2020, 06:47:52 PM
That's true. I had imagined that we'd see an increase in health issues caused by a shortage of mainly fruit and vegetables, but I am starting to wonder if we'll need to start growing food in our back gardens due to a shortage of all types of food. All the gammons would love it if rationing came back in (Alcohol and cigarettes will not be rationed).

I'm going to have to buy some multivitamins to crush into my brexit baked beans.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on November 19, 2020, 11:10:09 AM
Just don't sweat the small stuff, like eating raw onions, you peasants

Never ever trust anyone who says 'Don't sweat the small stuff.' They're the cunts who float through life causing chaos and wondering why everyone else is so stressed, blissfully unaware that some muggins is sweating the small stuff for them.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Paul Calf on November 19, 2020, 07:46:39 AM
Seemed to imply that Bogg was accepting the risk for himself. He is not.

We know the Ocelot well enough by now to know that his comment was dripping with sarcasm.

frajer

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on November 19, 2020, 01:41:04 PM
Never ever trust anyone who says 'Don't sweat the small stuff.'

It really is the call of the privileged prick.

Heeyyyy guyyyy, don't sweat the small stuff, I don't. I'm so laidback I'm horizontal. People wonder how I do it, I wish I knew hahaa!

idunnosomename

i cant imagine being a public figure and doing that sort of public pants shit, when you know liberal grifter james felton is just going to weigh in with a semi-bon mot

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteQueues of trucks stretching for five miles unexpectedly built up in Kent on Tuesday after the French started a trial of post-Brexit checks.

Lorries on their way across the English channel were forced to stop in long lines up to junction 11 on the M20 as they tried to approach the Eurotunnel entrance just outside Folkestone and the Port of Dover.

The queues give a glimpse of things to come in January whether a deal is reached or not with the government last month warning of queues of 7,000 lorries on the main motorway routes to both Eurotunnel and Dover ferries in the worst-case scenario.

The delays were caused after the Police Aux Frontières, the equivalent to Border Force, rehearsed new immigration procedures. Under the Le Touquet agreement, French authorities conduct immigration checks at the UK side of the tunnel and the port...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/24/trial-of-brexit-border-checks-causes-five-mile-lorry-queues-in-kent

olliebean

"Unexpectedly"? Isn't this exactly what people who have a clue have been saying will happen?

Paul Calf

I can't express a public opinion on this, and it is extremely frustrating.

idunnosomename

Im really looking forward to Brexit because im sure the people who moan the most would be the people who banged on about how great it will be last four years

"WHEN WILL BORIS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS MASSIVE JAM ON THE M20. I SIMPLY MUST GET TO DOVER TO POINT AT SOME IMMIGRANTS IN SMALL BOATS"

Bazooka

Love Brexit, but not keen on Corona disease, I couldn't get more English.

idunnosomename

interesting on the centre meltdown front next to the whole staged suzanne moore flounce this week

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/carole-cadwalladr-drops-truth-defence-in-arron-banks-libel-battle-but-insists-claims-were-in-public-interest/

people's vote was all a bunch of shit meant to keep corbyn out. cadwalladr should've just said banks was a greedy fat cunt. all this russia stuff was bunk. fuck off all journalists down the fucking drain. all cunts.

evilcommiedictator

It's all good folks, the Brexit gnome has awakened and will lead us to a grand future!

JamesTC

Is that a recent picture? Because if it is, he has put on weight since that campaign to lose weight.

Paul Calf

Quote from: bgmnts on November 26, 2020, 06:25:05 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/nov/26/british-actors-barred-from-playing-prince-william-in-diana-film-kristen-stewart

This is great!

Yeah, brilliant. I'm over the fucking moon. What joy that British people are going to be denied employment opportunities. Fucking wicked that. Couldnt be happier.

idunnosomename

lol here comes first name bunch of numbers with their trademark opinions

https://twitter.com/Alex16320719/status/1331911448201752576

in fact this proves what I said about Brexiteers being the first to complain about minor inconviences

frajer

Oh god, it's here isn't it? The far-too-late realisation for Brexiteers that we're actually a shitty little island with very little to offer the world, and won't get our way just because we've thrown our toys out of the pram.

Britain, 2021: a toyless baby in an awful pram.

EOLAN

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 27, 2020, 12:20:18 PM

https://twitter.com/Alex16320719/status/1331911448201752576

in fact this proves what I said about Brexiteers being the first to complain about minor inconviences

In fairness; I am still waiting for a decent production of Hamlet with a lot of Danish accents (not that I be travelling to Denmark for it).

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 27, 2020, 12:20:18 PM