Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:31:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Blade Runner is on GoG.com

Started by madhair60, December 17, 2019, 05:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Replies From View

Which 'cut' of the film is it a game of?

Inspector Norse

QuoteRecognize the Hollywood cast from the original film including Sean Young, James Hong, Joe Turkel, Brion James, and William Sanderson.

Awesome! I love games where you have to recognise people. It sounds like Guess Who but with replicants!

PlanktonSideburns

Loved the lama reaction shot in the FMV sequence

Moribunderast

Hah, I recently replayed a chunk of this when it became playable on Scummvm. Still holds up, though it's very pixellated now, where it used to look beautiful. I should go back to it. Got stuck and then left it alone so long I forget where I was stuck and what I was meant to be looking for...

bgmnts

I assume you're meant to be looking for simulants.

Jim Bob

Quote from: madhair60 on December 17, 2019, 05:49:00 PM
hey Jim Bob you probably like this one, no?

No and by no I mean yes, no?

Quote from: Replies From View on December 17, 2019, 07:15:33 PM
Which 'cut' of the film is it a game of?

You joke and yet there literally is a director's cut of the game.  It's an option in the menu screen.

Jim Bob

Oh, also; this game is now supported in ScummVM, so you have no excuse not to play it.

Play it.  It's a good game.

The Culture Bunker

Very much tempted, as it was a source of some teenage angst that my PC in those days wasn't up to spec. Always the worry that the reality doesn't hold up to how good I convinced myself it must be.

Jerzy Bondov

This game went right over my head when I was a kid. Couldn't get anywhere with it. But I loved it anyway - loved the atmosphere and the way it looked. I hadn't even seen the film when I bought it.

Didn't realise it was on ScummVM now. I've got my original copy in the garage, I should get it installed.