Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:54:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Televisual Mandela Effects

Started by George White, December 18, 2019, 11:00:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

That the Zygons in Doctor Who were red banana-people.
That there was a tough coach/military-type character in an episode of Disney's Recess called Lance Burtcaster.

Thomas

I swear that South African lad's name was Neilson Mondala.

Jumblegraws

Apparently a lot of people used to swear that there's a bit where Pipes dances on the garden lawn in Ghostwatch.

beanheadmcginty

When I watched the show as a kid, The A-Team van was all black with a red stripe. This was also what the toys looked like. Now I watch it as an adult and the top half of the van is grey and the bottom half black with the red stripe as a divider. I haven't checked if the toys have changed too.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on December 18, 2019, 12:02:42 PM
When I watched the show as a kid, The A-Team van was all black with a red stripe. This was also what the toys looked like. Now I watch it as an adult and the top half of the van is grey and the bottom half black with the red stripe as a divider. I haven't checked if the toys have changed too.

*Hat Fucked*

Pseudopath

We're alright lads...they haven't changed the vintage toys yet:

DrGreggles

Until YouTube came along I'd have sworn that me seeing Rik Mayall appearing on Cannon & Ball was a false memory.
It just didn't make any sense that he'd be on it, and no one else seemed to remember it.

Delighted to have been proven correct, but it still doesn't make any sense.

touchingcloth

I don't know if this is a Mandela effect or just tedious cunts out for attention, but it boils my piss when someone says "remember Captain Pugwash? There were characters called Roger the Cabin Boy, Master Bates, and Seaman Staines!"

Fuck off. First, of course there weren't, and second, no one remembers Captain Pugwash except these fuckwits who heard and believed there were naughty names in it.

studpuppet

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 18, 2019, 02:55:53 PM
Fuck off. First, of course there weren't, and second, no one remembers Captain Pugwash except these fuckwits who heard and believed there were naughty names in it.

We all know what they were really called.

Alberon

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on December 18, 2019, 12:02:42 PM

The van was actually blue.

https://youtu.be/vXEk3deCOm0

Gulftastic

In 92, I did the backstage Universal Studios tour. The van was sat in a car park. The guide didn't even bring anyone's attention to it, but me and my mate saw it, and here's the photo I took.

Make your own mind up.

That Pugwash thing is surely the number one. Or it would if anyone could actually recall those rude names.

Rizla

Dunno about this business of the A-team van being partly grey. Series 1 episode 13 on telly right now, looks all black to me. Also they use the footage of the plane coming through the airport window from Airplane!, much like how that episode of MacGuyver used footage of the mini chase from the Italian Job. Was any old footage fair game to these 80s telly cunts?

pigamus

Paul Merton 'destroying' Jimmy Savile on HIGNFY.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Rizla on December 20, 2019, 12:02:46 PM
Dunno about this business of the A-team van being partly grey. Series 1 episode 13 on telly right now, looks all black to me. Also they use the footage of the plane coming through the airport window from Airplane!, much like how that episode of MacGuyver used footage of the mini chase from the Italian Job. Was any old footage fair game to these 80s telly cunts?

I remember the short lived 'V' series using footage from the 50s version of 'War Of The Worlds', so it would seem so.

Yussef Dent

I don't know if this is a Mandela effect or just tedious cunts out for attention, but it boils my piss when someone says "remember Captain Pugwash? There were characters called Roger the Cabin Boy, Master Bates, and Seaman Staines!"

These are exactly the same type of people who post on Facebook with that innuendo laden 'episode' of Rainbow, and go "I can't believe they let this go on air!" and I have to explain to them that it was never intended to be shown on TV and I'll keep doing this every time I see someone wrongly say it.

Blumf

Quote from: pigamus on December 20, 2019, 12:12:45 PM
Paul Merton 'destroying' Jimmy Savile on HIGNFY.

Jimmy Savile using that tub of lard in a distressing way.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Yussef Dent on December 20, 2019, 01:38:09 PM
These are exactly the same type of people who post on Facebook with that innuendo laden 'episode' of Rainbow, and go "I can't believe they let this go on air!" and I have to explain to them that it was never intended to be shown on TV and I'll keep doing this every time I see someone wrongly say it.

Yep, though the difference with the Rainbow one is there's at least filmed evidence of it being a thing that happened, but I don't know how brain dead you have to be to think "this thing of a zip-mouthed bear talking about plucking stunts was so subtle that it actually got broadcast and no one noticed!"

DrGreggles

Quote from: touchingcloth on December 20, 2019, 02:48:34 PM
I don't know how brain dead you have to be to think "this thing of a zip-mouthed bear talking about plucking stunts was so subtle that it actually got broadcast and no one noticed!"

Bear?!

touchingcloth

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 20, 2019, 07:25:42 PM
Bear?!

I didn't know which one says the naughty line, so I merged a couple of them into a single beast. Which was the one which had actual fannies as eyes?

DrGreggles

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Gulftastic on December 18, 2019, 07:38:31 PM
In 92, I did the backstage Universal Studios tour. The van was sat in a car park. The guide didn't even bring anyone's attention to it, but me and my mate saw it, and here's the photo I took.

Make your own mind up.

Laughed

Kryton

Sex in the city was actually Sex and the city. Probably a common one this, but I would have put money on it.

Also that episode of HIGNFY in which Merton and Hislop tear into Jimmy Savile. Referring to his pus-filled cock etc. Apparently didn't happen (or not to that extent), later investigation reveals there's a hoax transcript and a genuine episode of HIGNFY in which Savile drops his 'feared in every girls school' line, but the rest didn't happen. But I have no idea why I would imagine this because I only read the 'transcript' years later and genuinely remember being shocked at the episode at the time (and I rarely ever watch HIGNFY). False memory.

Alberon

Worth pointing out that the infamous Jimmy Savile transcript comes from some people associated with a disreputable comedy forum called Cookd and Bombd.

QuoteComedian Richard Herring, who knows most things, told me it was some people calling themselves SOTCAA and, indeed, it was. Two of them.

Around 2005, when they were writing on the Cookd and Bombd forum, they were calling themselves 'Alan Strang' and 'Emergency Lalla Ward Ten'.

https://thejohnfleming.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/jimmy-savile-the-birth-of-a-paedophile-hoax-on-have-i-got-news-for-you/

Glad it's not just me that gets fucked off by that.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?action=post;quote=4014688;topic=76424.0

idunnosomename

beanheadmcginty

I have crystal clear memories of watching news reports of Ian Botham walking from Land's End to John O'Groats with a pint of milk balanced on his head. One of those proper glass bottle jobs. Only very recently did I discover after some fruitless googling that although the walk indeed took place, no dairy products were involved.

Spode

I was adamant I once saw a news report on a Sunday afternoon that gave the re-run results of every premier league match from the previous day that ended in a draw. They even spoke over a goal at white hart lane. Early/mid 90s. There was even an acknowledgement from the reporter about why they games were being replayed but I could never remember what it was.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Alberon on December 23, 2019, 02:48:27 PM
Worth pointing out that the infamous Jimmy Savile transcript comes from some people associated with a disreputable comedy forum called Cookd and Bombd.

https://thejohnfleming.wordpress.com/2012/10/03/jimmy-savile-the-birth-of-a-paedophile-hoax-on-have-i-got-news-for-you/
People who've not been around since forever: you're really not missing anything.

idunnosomename

it is worth pointing out yes, but also those two cunts were the most exhausting fuckers ever. and that transcript isnt convincing or funny beyond two lines