Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:24:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tenet

Started by Head Gardener, December 20, 2019, 10:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Gardener

greenman

Bad Ambassador

Michael Caine's looking about 100 now, isn't he? I know this is his first on-screen Nolan role in six years, but he's really looking his age now. Must be all that Brexit in his diet.

Glebe

There was a teaser for this attached to Joker, this is a new trailer though. Look's interesting. Seems like Nolan is venturing into a kind of Inception world again.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

The crisscrossing timestream fighting looks a bit ripped off from Doctor Strange. Then again, that film copied the folding cities thing from Inception, so I guess turnabout is fairplay and all that.

phantom_power

I am guessing from the name that this will be have some sort of "time palindrome" thing going on

Glebe

Oh yeah, saw the prologue for this attached to The Rise of Skywalker in IMAX.

Btw, New Rockstars have done a breakdown of the trailer, if you're arsed. He talks about the Sator Square... I remember that appearing in Heavy on the Magick on the Speccy 48K!

Icehaven

Quote from: Glebe on December 20, 2019, 02:31:26 PM
There was a teaser for this attached to Joker, this is a new trailer though. Look's interesting. Seems like Nolan is venturing into a kind of Inception world again.

As soon as I saw that pic up top I thought that, and that he might end up doing another one in a few years so it's some kind of trilogy.

Puce Moment

Why is Nolan always so concerned about humans?

Chairman Yang

One day Christopher Nolan will be brave enough to release 3 hours of footage of a gun resting on a neatly pressed suit and then cinema will finally be over.

olliebean

New trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3pk_TBkihU

Well, this looks like a proper load of old hokey.

SavageHedgehog

Can't really tell what the plot is or what it's about. But it's a big budget film not based on pre-existing IP, so I have some interest.

Butchers Blind

Trailer keeps you interested without giving away shit loads of plot.  Will watch.

beanheadmcginty

I'm willing to bet my mum on the fact that this whole film will be a palindrome. There'll be a big realisation moment right in the middle of the film where the backwards and forwards bits collide. Guarantee it.

Cue several hundred YouTube videos explaining the plot, even though it's not that complex.

Hand Solo

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on May 22, 2020, 01:04:23 PM
I'm willing to bet my mum on the fact that this whole film will be a palindrome

Ooh yeah, probably as TENET is a palindrome in of itself, short enough not to give it away though, they could have called it A MAN A PLAN A CANAL, PANAMA!

Puce Moment

HAHA! I love how they undid all the work of the nice, almost dialogue-free, moody trailer to be replaced with something that better represents Nolan's modern style.

"Cool."

LOL

Puce Moment

It's happening....
Spoiler alert
....in the future!!!!!
[close]

Apparently production hit a delay when Nolan fell ill during the casting process. He remarked in an interview, "Able was I ere I saw Elba."

bgmnts

Looks like every other Christopher Nolan film.

Hand Solo

He's remaking Momento???

This is perhaps the most palindromic Christopher Nolan thing of all!

He forgot he'd already made it.

Mango Chimes

There's a rumour that Tenet's a secret sequel to Inception, with the central set piece taking place within a dream. Apparently it involves a character, called Alan, thinking he's Benny Andersson, panicking about not making it to the stage in time for a performance. Fortunately, he gets snapped out of it by his Russian colleague, who appears in the dream as his pet.

"God, am I on late?! In Abba?!" "Niet, Al. No. I'm a dog."

chveik

it looks fucking shite christopher mate

Mango Chimes

There's another rumour that Tenet follows on from the end of Dark Knight Rises, with Alfred in the cafe. But rather than being in Florence, he's in Hong Kong. He's having dumplings.

Oh, and it's not a cafe: it's strip club.

Alfred's speaking to his business partner, and chatting to a group of foreigners who are just visiting. Celebrating the fact he's saved Master Bruce, Alfred's a bit pissed and being lascivious, extolling what he sees as the excellence of Chinese strip clubs. It's creepy.

He can't hear the others very well under the loud music, so he calls to the DJ to turn it down. Alfred being a high-rolling regular, the DJ does as he says. But this just makes the activities of nearby patrons suddenly audible, and Alfred immediately regrets it.

In a big twist, it turns out the character is not actually Alfred. Michael Caine plays Rod Hull.

"Wonton?
We won, Emu!
Love poles... Laps... Boobs... Pals: elope.
Volume, now!
Ew, not now."

You are now my favourite person.