Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:46:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Richard Coles

Started by lebowskibukowski, December 20, 2019, 11:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lebowskibukowski

Just after his partner died, Richard Coles received a letter that began something along the lines of "Hello, I'm so glad to hear your partner has died..."

Have we finally reached peak cunt? I can't make the jump between a couple of legends saying this between themselves after a couple of pints of Stella, and actually sitting down and taking the time to write a letter like this and post it.

Fuck, this country is depressing right now. Can someone point me to a 'cute kittens' thread?

EOLAN

Sounds like it might have been meant to be sent to Peter Baynham from Richard Herring (or vice versa).

DrGreggles

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on December 20, 2019, 11:04:29 AM
Just after his partner died, Richard Coles received a letter that began something along the lines of "Hello, I'm so glad to hear your partner has died..."

Of course, there's always a chance that Coles is talking bullshit again...

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: DrGreggles on December 20, 2019, 12:09:14 PM
Of course, there's always a chance that Coles is talking bullshit again...

Yes, remember that time on QI he said that someone on twitter kept calling him #twatvicar, so of course the first thing you do is go on twitter to have a rubberneck and all you find is one tweet posted an hour earlier saying something to the effect of "what a con, nobody is calling him #twatvicar!"

BlodwynPig

Is he a renowned liar? I don't like celebrity vicars, twee and middle class at its worst. But I wouldn't wish his dead partner hell.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Richard Coles is very annoying. No need for him to wear his vicar clobber every time he goes on panel shows or whatever, which is far too fucking often. If he worked in McDonald's, he wouldn't go on telly in his fucking McDonald's uniform all the time, would he. The annoyingness is compounded by his passing resemblance to a slightly younger Bob Goody, which reminds you of a funny, entertaining man, and vintage episodes of " Smith and Goody" ( if you're an old cunt like me), thus compounding your annoyance at Richard " I'm A Vicar, Me" Fucking Coles.
I think all we CABbers at this time of year, should all bond together over our dislike of Richard Coles in this very special thread.

Cuellar

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on December 20, 2019, 12:21:42 PM
Yes, remember that time on QI he said that someone on twitter kept calling him #twatvicar, so of course the first thing you do is go on twitter to have a rubberneck and all you find is one tweet posted an hour earlier saying something to the effect of "what a con, nobody is calling him #twatvicar!"

Maybe he misremembered the exact term

If I received a letter like that, I'd run away, turn away, run away, turn away, run away. Run away, turn away, run away, turn away, run awah fuck, that was Bronski Beat.

poodlefaker

He behaved like a right arsehole when he was a famous popstar, inc, faking being HIV+ to get attention. The Reverend Bronksi* act is hugely annoying and just feels like another way of attention seeking; why not just live quietly as a vicar, on your royalties? And that radio show is dreadful. I wouldn't write him a letter like that tho.

*This is his name in my head

I got quite pissed with him years ago; and he was funny, self-effacing and seemed an all-round good thing. And when his partner has died seems not the most attractive time to attack him.

Cuellar

You're all heartless shits and I can't help but think that wasn't what the OP was asking for.

So here, have a cute kitten:

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: sick as a pike on December 20, 2019, 12:40:49 PM
I got quite pissed with him years ago; and he was funny, self-effacing and seemed an all-round good thing. And when his partner has died seems not the most attractive time to attack him.
Maybe you have a point. Perhaps, at this moment in time, we shouldn't be hauling Coles over our ire.

king_tubby

Quote from: Cuellar on December 20, 2019, 12:41:19 PM
You're all heartless shits and I can't help but think that wasn't what the OP was asking for.

Isn't this that baby Yoda everyone keeps banging on about?

Butchers Blind

Well he can always offer him forgiveness or pray for him or whatever other vicary things they do.

lebowskibukowski

Would

pigamus

Oh, 'Arold, you wouldn't leave your poor, old father on 'is own on Christmas, would ya?

Pseudopath

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on December 20, 2019, 12:36:44 PM
If I received a letter like that, I'd run away, turn away, run away, turn away, run away. Run away, turn away, run away, turn away, run awah fuck, that was Bronski Beat.

Made me laugh.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 20, 2019, 12:29:17 PM
Richard Coles is very annoying. No need for him to wear his vicar clobber every time he goes on panel shows or whatever, which is far too fucking often. If he worked in McDonald's, he wouldn't go on telly in his fucking McDonald's uniform all the time, would he. The annoyingness is compounded by his passing resemblance to a slightly younger Bob Goody, which reminds you of a funny, entertaining man, and vintage episodes of " Smith and Goody" ( if you're an old cunt like me), thus compounding your annoyance at Richard " I'm A Vicar, Me" Fucking Coles.
I think all we CABbers at this time of year, should all bond together over our dislike of Richard Coles in this very special thread.
technically being a parish priest isnt a "job" in the same sense as being employed by a private company, it's more like holding office, like a judge, for which you recieve a stipend rather than a wage.

Probably be as bad if he turned up on QI in a big wig though.

shiftwork2

Can't imagine he'd have a shred of a media career in 2019 without the Reverend.  Convenient, then, that he felt the urge to join the clergy.

Dewt

Somebody needs to tell him to smile in a way that doesn't emphasise his lack of a chin.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

was worried this was going to be a thread about him being #CANCELLED for willy crimes. He's on this Mondays christmas university challenge, not sure I can take that programme being pulled at the minute

greenman

Some people still carry a judge from the misbehaviour in those latter Led Zep tours.

bgmnts

To be honest i dont really waste my limited empathy and sympathy for the religious, they can all fuck off as far as i'm concerned.

idunnosomename

quite frankly though the abuse he has had from supposed christians is fucking revolting.

religion isn't necessarily a bad thing. nor is it necessarily a good thing. but granted it can embolden some truly vile actions from self-righteous, judgmental cunts.

genuinely do feel very sorry for Coles now.

timebug

Never liked him on any of the telly quiz shows he appears on. Always seems a bit smug and egotistical to me.Other than that I know nothing about him, nor want to!

buzby

Quote from: poodlefaker on December 20, 2019, 12:37:25 PM
He behaved like a right arsehole when he was a famous popstar, inc, faking being HIV+ to get attention. The Reverend Bronksi* act is hugely annoying and just feels like another way of attention seeking; why not just live quietly as a vicar, on your royalties? And that radio show is dreadful. I wouldn't write him a letter like that tho.

*This is his name in my head
Communards, mate - you are getting him mixed up with Jimmy Somerville's previous collaborator Steve Bronski.

Regarding the HIV+ thing, I posted this a couple of months ago in the BBC4 TOTP thread when the linal Communards single was in the charts:
Unfortunately this is the Communards last release, as they shortly would split acrimoniously after a number of arguments while on a European tour. These were mostly driven by Coles' jealousy of Somerville getting all the attention, resulting in him lying to Jimmy and their friends about being HIV Positive after being diagnosed with shingles. When the truth came out, Somerville did not speak to him for 5 years, and the resulting  shame and being ostracised by their friends led him to joining the clergy to repent.

Dewt

Can't believe he left them that way.