Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Post music what you've made

Started by spaghetamine, December 21, 2019, 02:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purlieu

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on December 21, 2019, 05:50:22 PM
whats this audius site about? not seen it before
Soundcloud without the ads basically. Doesn't seem to have quite hit off yet but I really hate SC these days.
Quotewheres that low voice sample on your first tune from? sounds familiar
I couldn't tell you off-hand, my sample library is so big. Given the time I recorded it I can definitely say it's from one of the labels in the Kuckuck/Celestial Harmonies/Fortuna group, but couldn't go deeper than that I'm afraid. Glad you enjoyed anyway. :)

Will have a listen to the rest of this thread soon.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: purlieu on December 22, 2019, 10:40:10 AM
Soundcloud without the ads basically. Doesn't seem to have quite hit off yet but I really hate SC these days.I couldn't tell you off-hand, my sample library is so big. Given the time I recorded it I can definitely say it's from one of the labels in the Kuckuck/Celestial Harmonies/Fortuna group, but couldn't go deeper than that I'm afraid. Glad you enjoyed anyway. :)

Will have a listen to the rest of this thread soon.

Ah nice - been looking for some post sound cloud service. Will check it out  I like how it looks a bit like MySpace

jobotic

Got shitloads on my phone made on free apps, some of which I actually rather like, but no idea what to do with it.

dallasman

Let's get even more diverse, while keeping the baritone guitar in the mix. "Vil Ha Dig" ("I Want You"): A summery, bittersweet love song with a latinx beat, sung in Danish:

https://soundcloud.com/bruno-faetten/vil-ha-dig/s-sHbx3

This was as slick as our productions ever got, and a song people actually seemed to like on first hearing.

SteK

I persuaded Irish singer and actress Tara Lee to do a full version of of Kern's Till The Dockland Drown, she partly sang in the film 'A Date For Mad Mary' - great film BTW, anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrl2NHH6STA

dallasman

This band was originally based around a Casio, an acoustic guitar, and what-and-whoever else was around. We eventually upgraded to a drum machine, and finally a real drummer. The band was never much more than student shenanigans, really, but we enjoyed ourselves, and because we were living in a little pond, we somehow wound up on a compilation CD ("We Are Hello Vol. 2") and got to play the release party. So we beefed up with a rhythm section and did a passable 13-minute, five-song set. This is our "theme song", "Tid/Materie" ("Time/Matter"), live at legendary punk venue UFFA:

https://soundcloud.com/bruno-faetten/tid-materie-simplifax-uffa/s-JdCt9

Listen out for appropriately "wacky" insertion of the Imperial March from Star Wars, and our singer tearing apart his homemade Penguin Missile costume at the end of the song, cutting his mike in the process. Pix:

The one on the right is from a music video we did for another song, featuring a smaller, simplified version of the costume. It was made by an aquaintance for whom it counted as course work, and I might throw that up on YouTube myself some day, if I get around to starting a channel. Just for the time capsule title, here's "Millennium 4 2":

https://soundcloud.com/bruno-faetten/millennium-for-2/s-WdVqz

Few more stills from the "Y2K42" video, to whip up some buzz:

For good measure, here's the original 1998 demo for "Tid/Materie", which was just put out on CD as is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j4DpF8B4K0

Casio, guitar, bass, vocal: Simplifax. The dialogue is from the classic scared-straight drama "Himmel og Helvete" (1969), which is a comically heavy-handed "Reefer Madness"-type film, popular with young stoners for generations.

dallasman

Quote from: SteK on December 22, 2019, 09:12:29 PM
I persuaded Irish singer and actress Tara Lee to do a full version of of Kern's Till The Dockland Drown, she partly sang in the film 'A Date For Mad Mary' - great film BTW, anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrl2NHH6STA

You cheat! That's actual music.

dallasman

It's a busy time, so if you only have one minute to check out something new today, why not this adorable waltz?

https://soundcloud.com/bruno-faetten/pruneprelude/s-Bq63S

Perfect for walking to another part of the house and back again.

dallasman

I'm sorry, I guess I should have made clear that that was all intended as shameless self-promotion, and the campaign is now over. It was a massive failure, since you ask...zero likes. 0. Probably won't bother with a YouTube. Anyway, I'm not going to barge in every other post with band biographies and pictures; just thought I'd get the ball rolling and get out of your way. You can't say I haven't set the bar low enough, so cough it up, and you're guranteed to crush compared to me.

If it turns out I'm the only true punk on the forum, though...well, I can't say I'm surprised, really.

Having clarified all that, here's definitely my last contribution (this decade...):

https://soundcloud.com/bruno-faetten/the-shellfish-incident/s-uIvZj

It's another blast of simple electronic fun, a little cartoon for your mind, with some jolly brass. Guaranteed to break the ice at parties!

McFlymo

I think I might have pissed off Neil for posting not free music in the past, I was sort of thinking: Well it's free to stream / playback on Bandcamp / soundcloud and spotify, so is that ok? But I can see why that was me just being a dick..............

Anyway, as perhaps way of apology and perhaps since it's this time of year and all, I'd love to share the only music I "put out" in 2019 (i.e. stuck up on Spotify / iTunes / Bandcamp / Amazon etc) with you all and let you download it for free from Bandcamp if you could be arsed.............

https://drlilt.bandcamp.com/album/a-viper-ep

I made this over about 3 or 4 night, in the first couple of weeks of January 2019.
Bit of moody house stuff, glitchy techno, hip hop and some uplifting breakbeat sorta shit.

I dunno........

I also contributed to the CaB HA HA Tape and I might put out another EP thing in 2020 of that sort of ilk.

ajsmith2

The Hector Collectors, most of our stuff is free (and all free to stream) here:

https://thehectorcollectors.bandcamp.com/

bakabaka

I made Midi Machine Music - the 8-bit version of Metal Machine Music and while I love it, no-one else ever has so I won't post a link.

PlanktonSideburns

DukeDeMondo

I wrote a song for my wife ahead of our wedding and in it I told her how much I love her and how much I love my stepdaughter. I played it during the service. Our eyes were bolted to other from the off. I don't know if I should upload it or keep it just for us but here it is. This is the phone recording I made to send to my friend Ryan to make sure it was good enough to play and that it said all I wanted to say. He said "It says it." It has a chorus, and I'm not usually up for that, you can usually miss me with the chorus, but there's one here. "Something Of A Moment."

What else.

Well. I put together an album this year that I am very,very proud of. One long forty minute (or two twenty minutes if you listen on Spotify or wherever) meditation on memory and nostalgia and punk rock and folk terror and exorcisms and addictions. I won't link to the album because it's one of those bandcamp deals but here's one of my favourite tracks off it, all safe and snug in the Soundcloud:

"Closer The Further She Be's" Some of it is recorded properly in a studio in Newcastle Upon Tyne, and then it collapses into a toilet cubicle and you can hear me playing in the Victoria in Dalston, singing a verse I forgot to include when we recorded it properly, whilst terrible things are happening in the bogs, and then back to the studio. There's a story behind it but I'm not fit to tell it now. The download (which you can get for free) has a PDF explaining everything.

Sorry if I shouldn't have mentioned that.

The original version of that track without the Angus-exclusive pub toilet excursion, got a fair few listens, but this has next to none. However, the album itself has done really well and I'm very, very proud of it.

It put me in a sort of Stalinist frame of mind and I've now gone back and re-recorded songs off my very first album, made away back before I had any idea whatsoever about how to go about making an labum. One of the songs was called "Sinéad In Savage Purple". People liked it well enough, it got some modest radio play, but my performance was rotten and anyway I was singing about a woman I barely knew. Most of what I knew of her I'd made up. I met up with her in Dublin several times and she is a wonderful person but I remember thinking "Jesus, all those songs I wrote about you and I dont know you from the green of a grape. Really."

So I recorded this song called "Something Savage 2020." It's just me and an organ and my guitar and loads and loads of words about... I don't know. Writing songs about people you don't know. Neglecting people you do know. My friend died and he was one of the brightest souls I've ever known and the extinguishing of everything that was beautiful and broken in him has broken me. The lyrics are included because they;re mostly unintelligible.

"Something Savage 2020
" anway.

That'll do, pig.

DukeDeMondo

Sorry for the double post.

My new song about addiction and denial and abusing things and things abusing you.

"I Don't Give A Fuck Anymore"

I do give a fuck. I give a lot of them.

Make sure it's up loud. Its got a lot of echoes and distortions and slowed down chat and things like this. Asuming you want to hear it at all. It's there if you do. Abrasive sort of thing.

alan nagsworth

"Yeah I'll give your stuff a listen pal!" <keeps tab open on browser for about two weeks before realising you're not arsed any more>

We're all guilty.

Anyway here's my stuff that no cunt will listen to. In 2013 I made an EP of horror soundtrack stuff inspired by John Carpenter, Fabio Frizzi and (to a less funky extent) Goblin. It's probably the most cohesive and realised collection of songs I ever made and I'm still proud of most of it. I called it Dead Hotel and you can listen to it here.

OTHER STUFF, all in totally different veins, a proper selection box:

A reverb-heavy dream pop song called It's Alright. I still really love this and it's the most accomplished song I ever made in terms of sound and structure, even if it's a goofy piss take song and it's not very well produced.

A wonky instrumental hip hop song called Ape Drape. The bass isn't high enough on this. Influenced by (and featuring samples from) Donkey Kong Country on the SNES.

A pop-punk song about falling in love with a bumblebee, called Bumblebee. I actually wrote this with my housemate when we were drunk around 1AM some months back. It's catchy as fuck, bee warned. The stupid ska horns bit still makes me crack up laughing, we didn't intend for it to sound like They Might Be Giants but it sorta does.

A cover of Hallelujah, called Sweet Kahlua. All lyrics by me. All pianos by karaoke. This is a recording from the end of my set at Wembley Arena in 2018. The crowd are fucking loving it and that gig changed my life forever. FEEL THE ELECTRICITY!

And lastly, an industrial gabber song called Music to Watch Gurns By. Very short-lived project where I tried to make a load of proper heavy dance stuff, but this was the only half-good thing to come out of it. Samples NIN's Happiness in Slavery. Mixing is not very good on this at all but it's alright.

non capisco

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on January 02, 2020, 12:48:25 AM
I wrote a song for my wife ahead of our wedding and in it I told her how much I love her and how much I love my stepdaughter. I played it during the service. Our eyes were bolted to other from the off. I don't know if I should upload it or keep it just for us but here it is. This is the phone recording I made to send to my friend Ryan to make sure it was good enough to play and that it said all I wanted to say. He said "It says it." It has a chorus, and I'm not usually up for that, you can usually miss me with the chorus, but there's one here. "Something Of A Moment."

This is fucking gorgeous, Duke. Congratulations.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: non capisco on January 02, 2020, 11:09:49 PM
This is fucking gorgeous, Duke. Congratulations.

Thank you so much nc. Incidentally I love it when one of my tracks ends and the "related track" that kicks in is "Kathleen and Ray." I can't help but listen to it every time. Fucking beautiful. Which also reveals that I listen to myself a lot on there. But only when folk say they like a track. Or hate it. I like to listen as if I were them. But.

non capisco

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on January 02, 2020, 11:49:09 PM
Thank you so much nc. Incidentally I love it when one of my tracks ends and the "related track" that kicks in is "Kathleen and Ray."

Ha ha! Thanks for bumping my Soundcloud stats up, man!

spaghetamine

Can't be arsed to reply to everyone individually but I'm slowly working my way through all the links in this thread and there's some amazing stuff.

non capisco

I may have posted this in the old thread but I've always quite liked this one I recorded a while back. (Caveat: it's all recorded through laptop speakers and is lo-fi as fuck)

https://soundcloud.com/ross-patrick-3/my-phantom

Some cover versions
https://soundcloud.com/ross-patrick-3/sets/covers-no-1

DukeDeMondo

Really sorry for posting this again, but I'm going to delete everything new I have on the soundcloud except this.

I'll leave this alone as a sort of single for an album I'm planning to release in March.

Musically influenced heavily by Odetta and Yeezus. Lyrically all about addiction and denial and abusing things and things abusing you.

"I Don't Give A Fuck Anymore"

Make sure it's up loud. Its got a lot of echoes and distortions and slowed down chat and things like this. Asuming you want to hear it at all. It's there if you do. Abrasive sort of thing. I'll remaster it before March.

ajsmith2

I didn't do the music for this new FREE album, but I did draw the cover. You reference points here are Arab Strap and Pulp.

https://gums.bandcamp.com/

PlanktonSideburns

DukeDeMondo

I fell very ill around the middle of January, ill enough to mean that the only two options available to me were hospital admission or home treatment, provided I more or less self-isolated. It's sort of coming to an end now, all of that, although these things have a long tail, but in the middle of it, as I was staying with my folks, I abandoned a record I was putting together and wrote and recorded a new one from scratch all about illness and isolation and how fucking sore it is to be away from your family, and putting it out into the world now at a time when illness, albeit a different sort of illness, and isolation and that sort of soreness is largely the colour of day for everyone.

Anyway I uploaded a couple of the tracks up onto the Soundcloud. One is Song for Teresa of Ávila, which opens the thing, and the other is Perhaps Sebastian, which more or less closes it. I don't know if they'll be any interest to anyone or they won't, but there they are, anyway.

PaulTMA

I think musicians should get paid for releasing music online if they so choose so I guess I can't post any

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: PaulTMA on March 27, 2020, 04:03:22 PM
I think musicians should get paid for releasing music online if they so choose so I guess I can't post any

Surely it's fine to post samples from work that you've made available to purchase in other places? I mean, I posted stuff there from an album that is available (for free if you just put 0 in the box, or if you listen on Spotify or wherever else) but I'm not trying to spam or owt, I'm just sharing stuff I'm pleased with and that you can hear for free. I doubt Barry would complain about a track or two being posted that's free to listen to, even if you had to pay to own it? Or maybe he would. I don't know. I certainly wasn't fishing for folk to follow links or anything, and I'm sure you wouldn't be either.