Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:50:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Post music what you've made

Started by spaghetamine, December 21, 2019, 02:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McFlymo

PaulTMA

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on March 27, 2020, 07:24:43 PM
Surely it's fine to post samples from work that you've made available to purchase in other places? I mean, I posted stuff there from an album that is available (for free if you just put 0 in the box, or if you listen on Spotify or wherever else) but I'm not trying to spam or owt, I'm just sharing stuff I'm pleased with and that you can hear for free. I doubt Barry would complain about a track or two being posted that's free to listen to, even if you had to pay to own it? Or maybe he would. I don't know. I certainly wasn't fishing for folk to follow links or anything, and I'm sure you wouldn't be either.

I think I'm the reason the previous thread was locked because I had the audacity to post streamable, no-purchase-necessary music which happens to be commercially available even though I'd almost certainly earn more money by sucking cocks for 5 quid

PaulTMA

Sorry, miserable, don't like myself

chveik

Quote from: alan nagsworth on January 02, 2020, 08:38:20 PM
Anyway here's my stuff that no cunt will listen to. In 2013 I made an EP of horror soundtrack stuff inspired by John Carpenter, Fabio Frizzi and (to a less funky extent) Goblin. It's probably the most cohesive and realised collection of songs I ever made and I'm still proud of most of it. I called it Dead Hotel and you can listen to it here.

very nice (it might help that I'm a sucker for this kind of music but still, well done).

Barry Admin

Quote from: PaulTMA on March 29, 2020, 02:58:59 AM
I think I'm the reason the previous thread was locked because I had the audacity to post streamable, no-purchase-necessary music which happens to be commercially available even though I'd almost certainly earn more money by sucking cocks for 5 quid

Don't think it was down to any specific poster, more a combination. And the usual thing of people not listening and trying to implement their own rules instead.

As it goes, this thread was almost locked again a few days ago, as it evidently gives the impression that other forms of "self-promotion" are now allowed on CaB. They're not, and thankfully an understanding was quickly reached there.

I'm not going to apologise for continuing to keep CaB spam-free. If it's any consolation, I get constant and quite insistent offers to make "promoted posts" and don't even reply to them, though I could certainly do with the money.

non capisco

I'm sporadically recording lo-fi cover versions whenever I can be arsed during all this. I'm on lockdown in my flat all on my jack jones and it's something to do to and another form of expression/communication to stop my brain leaking out of my ears.

https://soundcloud.com/ross-patrick-3/isolation-sessions-hey-sa-lo

I'm using my furlough period to spend shitloads of time playing my instruments. I'm experimenting with different sounds and feeding my electro autoharp through a Digitech guitar processor-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwSnCC_auoM

hellvetica

Working my way through the 2007 songbook, so heres an industrial-shoegaze cover of Mouthwash by Kate Nash. Sans lyrics due to the proximity of housemates and the drunken hour of recording

https://soundcloud.com/kkaaiirroonnss/mouthwash

Quote from: alan nagsworth on January 02, 2020, 08:38:20 PM

A reverb-heavy dream pop song called It's Alright. I still really love this and it's the most accomplished song I ever made in terms of sound and structure, even if it's a goofy piss take song and it's not very well produced.

hi I listened to this and it was very good

Lord Mandrake

Got obsessed with that surviving edged weapons voiceover from best of the worst so made a tune and vid out if it.

https://youtu.be/F_nL5u9GW9g

DukeDeMondo

- actually no, I think -

mrpupkin

What are the rules on Spotify links in here?

DukeDeMondo

I posted this the other day but then shortly after I felt really sick, for I think I said too much in the post and also I'd used a photograph as the artwork for the track itself and also I wasn't happy with the take of the thing and, I dunno, I deleted it. It's the second song on a wee two track thing I'm going to throw out into the world as a wee free download single next week or the week after or whenever. It's a song about a friend that I lost at the end of last year, but it's not any sort of portrait or anything like this, it's just a bunch of unvarnished thoughts that fell out of me a couple weeks ago because someone liked a post I'd made when I'd first found out about what happened away back in December and it caught me by surprise and I got to thinking about him, and about the magick he used to perform in my living room (I don't believe in magic or magick either, I don't think, but he did, and that was magic or magick enough for me) and the states we'd get into when we'd take to clattering about the streets of the wee hours and how brilliant and blazing and ambitious he was and then also I remembered the last time I saw him, remember vividly the look of him and the sound of him, a window in a sprawling blackout that ate the days either side, before a geographical shift made it difficult for us to hang out in person any more.

The news of his... what do we say. Death, really, is the only word for it. The news of that reached me in the middle of a blackout too, albeit a different sort of one caused by illness rather than intoxication. Then one night in the middle of January I suddenly remembered. I'd been listening to a recording of him talking about a little plasticine figure he'd either made or had made for him, and the matchstick that had been driven into its heart. This recording was made a couple weeks before he died. There was mischief in his voice but then there was something else too.

The sort of swells of sound here and there are samples of his voice lifted from that recording that I've slowed down and reversed and bent here or there in one way or another. It's not any sort of eulogy or anything like that. It's just what I was feeling and have been feeling when I've thought about him over the past couple weeks. I'm concerned that it sounds at the start like I'm blaming someone or suggesting there was any malice in him, for there wasn't, and I don't blame anyone at all.

But. I'm going to put it together with a track from a thing I put out recently. I've maybe said too much again, I don't know. It's here if you'd like to hear it, anyway: "'Mon Charlie, Sing Down Through"

non capisco

^ That song is absolutely beautiful, Duke. Sorry to hear of your loss.

DukeDeMondo

Quote from: non capisco on May 06, 2020, 11:51:06 PM
^ That song is absolutely beautiful, Duke. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Thank you, man. As you know I'm a huge fan of yours.

I put together a sort of lyric video for the other song on the thing, which is a vague sort of murder ballad I've had kicking about for years. I shot the video down by the banks of the same river that the song is about. I haven't made it public yet either but it's here if anyone wants to see one of my boots delivering what I think is a fine performance.

Hiya; I finally managed to record some music properly with my band on the brink of lockdown time...I'm really chuffed with our first release, it's got some radio interest and we even managed to piece together a little video in the derelict church we recorded in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EKX5vSvC48

PaulTMA

Song I did by a great songwriter called Stephen Solo
https://soundcloud.com/the-martial-arts/the-martial-arts-suddenly-heaven

It's nice and free so no one go bonkers over nothing

Neomod

Enjoyed the Beach Boys bridge on that PaulTMA

Messing about with the Juno 6 soundpack on the Caustic 3 app (highly recommended) I did a KPM library-esque track (insistent/building) to accompany my eulogy to Stevenage. An artwork called New Town.

The artwork New Town

The track New Town

https://soundcloud.com/newamusements/new-town

I have never been to Stevenage

the

Great art, love the colours.

I've been to Stevenage (but I've never been to me), fascinating, groundbreaking, deeply flawed place. Sustainable top-down town planning and development is difficult difficult lemon difficult.

Neomod

Quote from: the on May 29, 2020, 03:16:30 PM
Great art, love the colours.

I've been to Stevenage (but I've never been to me), fascinating, groundbreaking, deeply flawed place. Sustainable top-down town planning and development is difficult difficult lemon difficult.

Fanx. I really should go as I'm fascinated by the place. Oh and to ride around on a baker's bike a la Barry Evans in Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush.

alan nagsworth

Been really getting back into rummaging through obscure old music for samples recently. Yesterday I put together this punchy instrumental hip hop track that samples some wet old hippie shite and makes it far more upbeat. Would probably not sound out of place on a mid-2000s skate video.

FUN ROCK

the

Quote from: alan nagsworth on June 03, 2020, 12:51:03 PMBeen really getting back into rummaging through obscure old music for samples recently. Yesterday I put together this punchy instrumental hip hop track that samples some wet old hippie shite and makes it far more upbeat. Would probably not sound out of place on a mid-2000s skate video.

FUN ROCK

'Ain't that fun?' You could quite confidently submit this as the new theme to Top Gear. :)

Bassline sort of reminds me of The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: the on June 03, 2020, 01:30:46 PM
'Ain't that fun?' You could quite confidently submit this as the new theme to Top Gear. :)

I have never been so insulted in all my life!

the

That was meant as a positive comment on the guitar work and production sheen, but now I read it back it does sound a bit sinister doesn't it. Sorry.

alan nagsworth

Heheh it's fine I was only acting faux-outraged.

Quote from: Misspent Boners on May 21, 2020, 05:35:33 PM
Hiya; I finally managed to record some music properly with my band on the brink of lockdown time...I'm really chuffed with our first release, it's got some radio interest and we even managed to piece together a little video in the derelict church we recorded in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EKX5vSvC48

I'm a bit late to this thread - very, very keen on that!