Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

David Baddiel apologises for mistakenly criticising a celebrity instead of a pleb [split topic]

Started by colacentral, December 21, 2019, 05:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colacentral

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1208407269832089600?s=19

QuoteHey Martyn. I'm really sorry about this. I got shown some tweets without context and asked to ad lib put downs. I should've said no. My follow up tweet about moment of stardom - when I still didn't know it was you - referred to the show not your work, which I greatly admire. D

Johnny Yesno

Dewt

David Baddiel can only pass as a comedian when somebody is paid to stand there and laugh at his jokes

greenman

Quote from: Dewt on December 21, 2019, 06:53:13 PM
David Baddiel can only pass as a comedian when somebody is paid to stand there and laugh at his jokes

A man who made a career out of standing next to a funnier man.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Danger Man on December 21, 2019, 06:50:16 PM
People who were in Heaven 17 still have celeb status? Blimey.

Yeah not really, but I couldn't think of anything else suitable that fit in the thread title.

Fascinated by CC this week. In the aftermath of the elections, a lot of British comedians seem to be concerned instead with the fact that people criticise them on Twitter.

That's the real injustice in modern Britain, evidently.

bgmnts

You'd expect nothing less from someone who has leeched off more successful people their entire life. You'd expect celebrity deference.

Barry Admin

Quote from: jobotic on December 21, 2019, 07:01:20 PM
What's he talking about?

Scroll up the Twitter thread until you get to this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/itvpeston/status/1207440083151802369

And the first guy they call a "troll" turns out to be a member of Heaven 17, and whines in the comments:

QuoteCriticism of the establishment is now 'trolling' is it? Seriously, are we not allowed to question the motives and effects of clearly biased news organisations? Please enlighten me...

Danger Man

Quote from: Barry Admin on December 21, 2019, 07:03:20 PM
Yeah not really, but I couldn't think of anything else suitable that fit in the thread title.

I meant it more that it's amazing that Baddiel immediately apologises because he recognises Martyn Ware as belonging to his group. People who are/were famous.

It's a group we tend to forget about as most battle lines are drawn around race, gender, class etc.

Could be misreading this and Baddiel was a really big Heaven 17 fan all those years ago. Which is disgusting, as the Human League were always better.

Quote from: Danger Man on December 21, 2019, 07:14:04 PM
Could be misreading this and Baddiel was a really big Heaven 17 fan all those years ago. Which is disgusting, as the Human League were always better.

Not sure if you're trolling here DM, Ware was a founding member of Human League before forming H17.

Danger Man

Quote from: Better Midlands on December 21, 2019, 07:39:06 PM
Not sure if you're trolling here DM, Ware was a founding member of Human League before forming H17.

They went from strength to strength after he left.

Johnny Yesno

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Oh, soz Danger Man, I didn't realise it was you. Thank you very much for your corrective information, and have now amended the post.

( I have realised that the post correcting my song title was done made  by the famous CaB poster and part-time fit Scouse actress impersonator Danger Man, and am now apologising. Droll, conceptual stuff, I'm sure y'all agree.)

Danger Man

I only corrected you because a few posters seemed to think I didn't know my Heaven 17/ Human League history.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on December 21, 2019, 08:02:45 PM
I only corrected you because a few posters seemed to think I didn't know my Heaven 17/ Human League history.

You certainly gave that impression.

Quote from: Danger Man on December 21, 2019, 08:05:19 PM
Wait until you discover I'm Martyn Ware Eddie Waring.

ftfy

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I like the nice, festive touch to Johnny's avatar ( nothing to do with the thread topic, but it's always worth pointing out when posters on 'ere do that sort of thing, and they should know their efforts are appreciated).

Johnny Yesno

Small Man Big Horse

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest, after the most recent series of Taskmaster he proved himself to be absurdly stupid, and completely lacking in common sense too.

Danger Man

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on December 21, 2019, 08:08:24 PM
I like the nice, festive touch to Johnny's avatar ( nothing to do with the thread topic, but it's always worth pointing out when posters on 'ere do that sort of thing, and they should know their efforts are appreciated).

Your avatar of Jodie is very Christmassy because she's a cracker.

See? I can do posts like you.

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on December 21, 2019, 08:15:45 PM
Thanks, man.

Mang

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

rasta-spouse

Don't know about the weasel nature of his apology, but Baddiel under pressure to be funny produces some of the worst comedy ever. See Taskmaster chickpea skit for further proof. It's so perfectly awful.

Comer thread coming.