Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:03:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Baddiel apologises for mistakenly criticising a celebrity instead of a pleb [split topic]

Started by colacentral, December 21, 2019, 05:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marquis_de_sad

In the future this sort of lazy hack shite will be the defining trope of the era won't it? Instead of a brick wall and trite observations it'll be, "According to @uterushippo1999 I am shit and unfunny [audience laughs]".

DrGreggles

Quote from: imitationleather on January 22, 2020, 11:53:03 PM
God imagine going to see that show.

IMAGINE.

I'm going to be waking up in a sweat thinking about it.

I've been offered a free ticket for it!
I'm away that week though, 'unfortunately'.

Brundle-Fly

Surely, it won't be him just reading out trolling tweets for an hour and a half? 

Barry Admin

I'm actually kind of intrigued to go and see it, the sheer paucity of ideas is absolutely fucking hilarious. Spelling flames on the big stage, actually can't believe it.

Brundle-Fly

But it remains to be seen, I suppose?  He's been quite reflective and even self-flagellating in his last two shows.

DrGreggles

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 23, 2020, 12:15:43 AM
I'll ask my mate to review the Cambridge gig.

Without prejudice*?  Nice one. 

*And I don't mean THAT prejudice, I hasten to add.

DrGreggles

Just checked the Corn Exchange website.
Looks like it'll be half full at best.

£33 a ticket!

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: DrGreggles on January 23, 2020, 12:29:39 AM
Just checked the Corn Exchange website.
Looks like it'll be half full at best.

£33 a ticket!

Fuck me! Is it a musical?

imitationleather

Ferris

Barry Admin

Hahaha, brilliant avatar for someone.

Just had to go and have another look at the advert. It's not exactly setting the world alight, is it?

Anything good in those 7 comments?

bgmnts

Hasn't Jimmy Kimmel spent the past 50 years doing the whole trolls on twitter thing? Embarrassing.

idunnosomename

note all but one of those are today and i suspect prompted by THIS VERY FORUM THREAD

edit sorry two, baldy man at bottom skipped my radar

Ferris

I think if you've lived in a bubble where you are given good money for old rope and people keep saying how great you are, and this goes on for years and years, then you can start to lose sight of reality.

I suspect this tour will be a commercial failure, because who the fuck wants to see David baddiel talk about twitter. Or worse, it will be a success.

Dewt

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 23, 2020, 02:57:13 AM
I think if you've lived in a bubble where you are given good money for old rope and people keep saying how great you are, and this goes on for years and years, then you can start to lose sight of reality.
Exactly. If you want to remain a relevant creative force, don't get comfortable.

the

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 23, 2020, 02:57:13 AMif you've lived in a bubble where you are given good money for old rope and people keep saying how great you are, and this goes on for years and years,

BlodwynPig

poodlefaker

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on January 23, 2020, 02:57:13 AM
Or worse, it will be a success.

Baddiel Tweets, live from the O2. His greatest put-downs collected in a book in time for Christmas.  Trolls! the Musical.

mr. logic

How does he own the trolls that post his black face picture underneath his posts?

DrGreggles

Quote from: mr. logic on January 23, 2020, 08:41:02 AM
How does he own the trolls that post his black face picture underneath his posts?

He blocks them and... ZING! They're owned.

gilbertharding