Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:12:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Baddiel apologises for mistakenly criticising a celebrity instead of a pleb [split topic]

Started by colacentral, December 21, 2019, 05:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smudge1971

I think most people would read that sentence with the voice of Alan Partridge being forced to co-present "I'm fiiiine with that"

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

idunnosomename

Dr Zands baiting baddiel after this marvellous exchange

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1318467787287834625?s=19

It is a marvellous time when the establishment are fucking us over so much we can have some mild relief by taking the piss out of them directly with parody accounts on the internet

Famous Mortimer

It's good that it's mentioned in multiple places though. He's such an awful hypocrite, weaponising anti-Semitism solely for his political opponents.

JaDanketies

Come watch my latest comedy special! Every anecdote starts with the sentence, "Once, someone on Twitter said to me..."

- David Baddiel

Imagine not having enough insight to realise that whenever you start a sentence with "Once, on Twitter," anyone listening rolls their eyes.

Hand Solo

Quote from: JaDanketies on October 22, 2020, 02:34:47 PM
Imagine not having enough insight to realise that whenever you start a sentence with "Once, on Twitter," anyone listening rolls their eyes.

Graham Linehan becomes tumescent.

neveragain

jobotic

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 22, 2020, 01:25:58 PM
Dr Zands baiting baddiel after this marvellous exchange

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1318467787287834625?s=19

It is a marvellous time when the establishment are fucking us over so much we can have some mild relief by taking the piss out of them directly with parody accounts on the internet

That is fun though.

idunnosomename

it's that he so fervently believes in russian trolls farms destroying democracy rather than... himself. in part.

anyway Trump, look out, David Baddiel is going to make another tweet calling you a stupid person. it may be curtains for you!

Menu

Quote from: smudge1971 on September 26, 2020, 11:48:28 AM
I think most people would read that sentence with the voice of Alan Partridge being forced to co-present "I'm fiiiine with that"

"I couldn't give a fucking shit either way."

frajer

Quote from: idunnosomename on October 24, 2020, 09:36:56 PM
speaking down to the plebs once again. kick the ladder down cunt

https://twitter.com/Baddiel/status/1319962263827238912

What it must be like to just drift through life, bumping into and bouncing off people and things like a drunk and privileged bumblebee. Having thoughts, immediately saying them, lazily looping off again. Knowing you'll never be affected by the shit you're rambling about. And such a boring twat to boot.

Sin Agog

Was put in charge of buying my half-sister a massive batch of fun new kids books last week, and Baddiel's offerings were plastered all over the recommendations wherever I turned.  Dude must be on some list of Moloch affiliates who are allowed to print their own money.

idunnosomename

DAVID BADDIEL PRESENTS

The Connors' Centrist Cumbucket

(illustrated by Tony Ross)

KennyMonster

Has anyone seen his documentary about Holocaust Denial yet (23:30 BBC 2, last night)?

I wonder if there's any Corbyn/Labour bashing in there.

phantom_power

Quote from: Sin Agog on October 24, 2020, 09:49:41 PM
Was put in charge of buying my half-sister a massive batch of fun new kids books last week, and Baddiel's offerings were plastered all over the recommendations wherever I turned.  Dude must be on some list of Moloch affiliates who are allowed to print their own money.

I have read one of his kids books and it is as bland and by-the-numbers as you would expect from everything he has ever done. I am amazed he has stayed popular and in any way successful. Is it an Avalon thing?

Utter Shit

Quote from: KennyMonster on January 26, 2021, 08:42:48 AM
Has anyone seen his documentary about Holocaust Denial yet (23:30 BBC 2, last night)?

I wonder if there's any Corbyn/Labour bashing in there.

Even if there is, it's sort of tangential to the main issue isn't it?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Utter Shit on January 26, 2021, 09:55:46 AM
Even if there is, it's sort of tangential to the main issue isn't it?

Is holocaust denial a major issue these days? Is it RIFE?

Utter Shit

It's a major issue in a documentary about holocaust denial. I assume, I haven't watched it.

idunnosomename

Thats old isnt it? He was criticised for platforming holocaust deniers in it

"Our culture is being shaped by trolls and the Holocaust deniers are a very extreme example of the trolls. Ignoring them has not worked. It doesn't mean that confronting them will work completely but I think it's a debate we have to have."

Eggs on twitter who keep saying i wore blackface and put a pineapple on my head to mock a black man are essentially a mild form of holocaust denier

JaDanketies

Yeah I remember that documentary, and there was some talk of leftist Holocaust denial, which was tied into the institutionalised Holocaust denial in parts of the Muslim world. There wasn't Corbyn's face superimposed on Hitler speeches or anything though, I don't believe Corbs got a mention. It must've been at least an okay documentary.

BlodwynPig

Is holocaust denial rife in today's society?*

*I'm not denying holocaust denial

Dusty Substance

I'm looking forward to his book, about how identity politics has let down the British Jewish community, released next month. Hoping it's going to upset all the right people.

JaDanketies

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 26, 2021, 11:25:17 AM
Is holocaust denial rife in today's society?*

*I'm not denying holocaust denial

It's prominent in a handful of Muslim countries and amongst the US alt-right, to my knowledge.

the

Did his previous output contain much scrutiny of HD or AS, or is it only since performatively fortifying himself against online criticism? Genuine question.

king_tubby

(not the dolls)

I do remember him doing a bit on the MWHE about being beaten up twice, once for being Jewish and once for being a 'p*ki', to be fair to him.

Cold Meat Platter

I wish we lived in a society where he could be beaten up simply for who he is rather than his ethnicity.